Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I don't upgrade when I don't have to, just like with my smart phones, I keep mine until it dies after like 6 years between upgrades. I don't care about the price it is just not a necessity, even my PC monitor is 1080p still.

If I wanted a 4k I could have gotten one but until the living room one dies there is no point.

- - - Updated - - -

And then your Swtich 2, or the console variant that is way more powerful but console only and or the Switch 2 Lite but that is all in 2022. Nintendo will get it's 3 pillars back it looks like haha.
    I hope so. Was hoping they'd announce a supe'd up version of the Switch earlier this year, but we only got a poor man's version.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I hope so. Was hoping they'd announce a supe'd up version of the Switch earlier this year, but we only got a poor man's version.
    They won't be unless they do a console only that is way more powerful, I think it is going to stay the hybrid system and the lite this generation, the Switch was their fastest turn around from R&D to Release out of any console they have made. They are going to have their 3 Pillars this time around it only makes sense.

Switch 2 Lite (Handheld Only)
    Switch 2 (Hybrid)
    Switch 2 Home (Console Only)
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Could they really make a more powerful handheld? It already seems to be at a certain limit. What do you do? Make a console only version? Then it loses it's gimmick that drives sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Xbox One runs on a modified version of Win10. The Series X will as well.
    VERY loosely if it is win 10, like very loosely lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Could they really make a more powerful handheld? It already seems to be at a certain limit. What do you do? Make a console only version? Then it loses it's gimmick that drives sales.
    Internally nVidia is about 5 generations ahead of the X1 technology, so even picking a chip 2-3 generations above the X1 is at least triple the performance or more. It is doable basically indefinitely moving forward and Nintendo has an exclusivity deal with nVidia for at least a decade because MS and Sony spat in their faces going with AMD for this gen and next.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the core of Win10. Not nearly as loose as you seem to believe.
    Then it is as much windows 10 as OSX is Unix.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I because MS and Sony spat in their faces going with AMD for this gen and next.
    Taking the better business move (going with the lower bidder) isn't really spitting in anyone's face. They have to look at all options when a contract term is up.

Taking the better business move (going with the lower bidder) isn't really spitting in anyone's face. They have to look at all options when a contract term is up.
    It was only to Nintendo's advantage in the end I guess so it all worked out lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

It was only to Nintendo's advantage in the end I guess so it all worked out lol.
    /shrug, who knows, people say AMD has better APUs, so maybe AMD would have had more power for them.

/shrug, who knows, people say AMD has better APUs, so maybe AMD would have had more power for them.
    nVidia is still leading the market on ARM chip technology and that is the future for all devices basically.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shit, I think I know the name of the band that does the song in that trailer and they're rad as fuck, but I can't remember their damn name >.<

Interesting to see them change up the form factor, looks a lot more like a mini-tower.
    Should be Heilung.

More so, which is why MS games are supposed to be released for both PC and XBox. They run off the same command structure which means aside from optimizations for the xbox hardware the games don’t need serious modifications to do so.
    Ya that makes sense since all the services work on all their platforms.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I wish they would just call it Xbox 2 but idc about name tbh aslong as it is as great as they say.

The height seems as tall as 2 cd roms next to each other or 2.5-3 controllers stacked on top of each other. The width seems as wide as 1 controller. It deff is big but its usually always big the first console of the next gen then 3 years later they make a small compact ver of it. Its gonna resemble it a tiny pc like microatx tbh big but not a big deal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    As someone who worked in marketing, Microsoft needs to fire whoever decided that was an acceptable name, and an acceptable form-factor.

THE NAME:

It's garbage. It's "iPhone 4S". Nothing about it conveys "something NEW". It just sounds like a revised model of something that already exists. Look at the massive fucking failure the Wii U was, for the EXACT same reason. People didn't know it was a new console, they thought it was some add-on for their existing Wii.

THE DESIGN:

It simply doesn't work for most peoples' entertainment centers. As it, it quite literally WILL NOT FIT in most peoples' living room setups. That is a stupid fucking design. I cannot stress enough how massive of a fuck up this really is. People want consoles that that seamlessly integrate into their living rooms. Nobody is going to buy a new fucking entertainment-center or TV stand, simply to appease the design of a console. The form-factor completely disregards the literal space constraints that consoles have to live with. Not unless that thing is perfect safe to sit on its side.
    You do realize they came out and said that you can have it vertical or horizontal right?
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    is it just my imagination or was the one x more powerfull than the ps4 pro?
    True, but it also came out a year later and was just the "pro" version of each console. Hardly comparable.

The design is a bit bulky for my setup but I think it could work if I put it horizontally.

According to Spencer ( who has one in his home since like 2 weeks ago ) the thing is totally silent, think Xbox One X levels about 1 meter away from it, which is really good cause no one wants a PlayStation 4 fan, I had a One X for about a year and even putting my ear on it during gameplay I could only hear the HDD ''tick'' , given the design of this thing I think its a 140mm fan on top near that air vent and running at low RPM.

Senua 2 was nice to see as exclusive, yes part 1 wasn't a huge AAA+ titel breaking sales records but it was well received and lets face it it's a genre of game that Xbox really missed this gen between all their forza's and gear's, sure Sea of Thieves was different but not a single player story driven quality game ( in which Sony excelled this gen ) and Recore was a giant flop.

Some more bits I found the past hours :

- console can be placed on its side
    - all 15 Xbox Studio's developing for it.
    - Totally quiet
    - suspend & resume function is 3 different games.
    - you can adjust the green light on top.
    - size: 12x6
    - 2 HDMI, 3 USB 3.0
    - Controller has a share button
    - The Console can play two games. (on console + xCloud)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    The design is a bit bulky for my setup but I think it could work if I put it horizontally.
    I lack space for the systems I already have...

and there are more...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post

and there are more...
    You sir... need to build a gaming shelf.

https://i.redd.it/l49rgkyrzo241.png
    and there are more...
    We need to file you for a make a wish to get a gaming shelf / case

10+ Year Old Account

and there are more...
    Nights into Dreams CE for Saturn. I see you are a man of culture.

The only thing missing is a Sega Master system. Nice collection son.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sir... need to build a gaming shelf.
    Working on it! But it's a slow process.... and I keep adding more. Everything is modded as well. Started as a hobby to keep a hand in electronics, but has grown into something else.

Not shown are the Neo Geo AES, XBox One S, Wii and I think some others... oh yeah, just got an original NES I'm working on (which is silly given that I have a RetroUSB AVS, but meh!).

One I think I'm done with is the GameCube, which has a Xeno GC, region switch, HDMI out and now a HyperBoot so I can bypass the disc drive if I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Nights into Dreams CE for Saturn. I see you are a man of culture.

The only thing missing is a Sega Master system. Nice collection son.
    Just got a Master System controller for my Genesis, the Everdrive for it can run Master System and SG-1000 ROMs. And the Nights into Dreams box has the original "3D" controller. Oh gods... the controllers... drawers and drawers of controllers and arcade sticks.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2019-12-13 at 09:17 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-