Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shit, I think I know the name of the band that does the song in that trailer and they're rad as fuck, but I can't remember their damn name >.<

Interesting to see them change up the form factor, looks a lot more like a mini-tower.
    Is it the asian dudes that do heavy metal mongol shit?

That was an atrocious trailer imo..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Was the leak based on fp32? I know the Vega 64 can do 12 Tflops but a GTX 1080 can do 8.873 TFLOPS, again all in fp32. In most benchmarks the GTX 1080 is faster than a Vega 64, so tflops aren't the be all end all in performance. We could say the Xbox Series X has the equivalent of a Vega 64 with Ray-Tracing capability, assuming all rumors are true. But if the Xbox Series X has 16GB of GDDR6 with a 256-bit bus then there won't be enough bandwidth to feed the Zen2 CPU and the Navi GPU in the console.
    I was talking about the 2060 for the half precision, sorry, bad wording.
    No idea about the leak cause people are horrible at specifics.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-12-25 at 06:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    RedGamingTech made an analysis of the next gen consoles. They're my favorite source for all console hardware rumors. If you want to know the current rumors of these consoles this will get you caught up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I was talking about the 2060 for the half precision, sorry, bad wording.
    No idea about the leak cause people are horrible at specifics.
    Because there's no specifics in what the 12Tflops is referring to. You really think they wouldn't use the number that seems bigger?

I'm gonna wait for xbox series XXX
    hit & run posting lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because there's no specifics in what the 12Tflops is referring to. You really think they wouldn't use the number that seems bigger?
    Well... you're quoting the 2060 being comparable with 12TFlops. I'm pointing out that that is only the case at half precision calculations and is useless for gaming as that's not really used. Leaks being unreliable and not specific is a different problem altogether but shouldn't be given an assumption that it's half or single precision computation.

I will be buying PS5 - that's a no brainer.

The case for xBox? I mean I bought original xOne (and then upgraded to X) because Forza and Halo and Gears. These games will be available on PC. xBox will have literally zero exclusives. Only reason to buy new xBox - game pass. Buuut PC game pass is a thing and right now its catalog is lacking compared to console one. Buuut Microsoft might bring PC catalog up to console level...

I don't see any reason to own xBox for me. For others - game pass. Oh xBox, I preferred 360 to PS3, but now it's just sad. rip xbox
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    I will be buying PS5 - that's a no brainer.

The case for xBox? I mean I bought original xOne (and then upgraded to X) because Forza and Halo and Gears. These games will be available on PC. xBox will have literally zero exclusives. Only reason to buy new xBox - game pass.
    MS doesn't care where you play, they own Windows and they own Xbox so either way they get your money whether you buy a Xbox and then some games and game pass or you build a pc with Windows and get PC game pass or buy their exclusives on the windows store or play them in PC game pass, it's win-win for them.

The reason for buying a Xbox for console exclusives died after the 360, you buy a xbox series x if your pc is an old piece of shit or you don't want to build one, some people just want the ease of pressing a power button and play a game within a minute and not fumble around with Windows and gpu drivers and errors etc.
    Also the power of the series X as a whole will probably be cheaper then buying a comparable CPU and GPU on PC and then you also need an SSD and Power Supply and Motherboard etc so some people will just get the Xbox instead.

You are just missing the current/current day Microsoft vision about uniting PC and Xbox and play their games on both ( and soon on Xcloud ) it's not about pure xbox console exclusives anymore cause they own both their xbox and pc divisions so they get your cash either way, they want people to have options like for example play a game on Xbox and if someone wants to watch TV you switch to a PC and pick up right where you left off on Xbox.

Exclusives aren't a nut buster for everyone, I got a Switch and sure wile I play Zelda and Mario and Pokémon I also got just as much if not more Indie stuff and 3th party games on there right now.
    I got it for the portability and being able to play sitting in bed before sleeping, I didn't even really think about the exclusives.
    Last edited by FluFF; 2019-12-27 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New rumors suggest that the PS5 is 9 tflops and that there won't be any hardware Ray-Tracing. Which suggest PS5 is probably using RDNA1.0 and not 2.0. That means the Xbox Series X 12 tflop GPU may make the console very expensive.

Vash you should really reconsider where you get your "news" from when Mark Cerny himself already confirmed hardware ray tracing on the PS5. This isn't a rumor, that is one thing already confirmed.

Anyone calling Cerny a liar are likely the same dolts who claimed he would be wrong about PS4 and he couldn't get 8 GB of GDDR5, but low and behold he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Vash you should really reconsider where you get your "news" from when Mark Cerny himself already confirmed hardware ray tracing on the PS5. This isn't a rumor, that is one thing already confirmed.

Anyone calling Cerny a liar are likely the same dolts who claimed he would be wrong about PS4 and he couldn't get 8 GB of GDDR5, but low and behold he did.
    What he said was that, “There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware” which doesn't mean much when you look at AMD's patents in Ray-Tracing. Considering how AMD has yet to announce anything using Ray-Tracing, I'd imagine the hardware could be delayed. Either that or AMD's Ray-Tracing tech maybe too expensive and Sony decided to back off from the new RDNA2.0 hardware. The PS5 Pro maybe based on RDNA2.0 with hardware Ray-Tracing, which wouldn't make Mark Cerny technically wrong either.

The Xbox Series X may not be the console Microsoft releases in 2020, since again it maybe too expensive and the tech may not be ready yet. Considering the name of the new Xbox, it may suggest that this is the equivalent of the Xbox One X, and that Microsoft decided to show off what is probably a $600-$700 console instead of the "Xbox" that'll be released in 2020. Since the PS5 sounds like it'll be based off the RX 5700, we could assume the same for the "Xbox" and not the Xbox Series X.

You have to ask yourself, why would AMD give Sony and Microsoft their most powerful GPU that'll most likely be $700 on PC, for much less than the entire consoles price?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Was the leak based on fp32? I know the Vega 64 can do 12 Tflops but a GTX 1080 can do 8.873 TFLOPS, again all in fp32. In most benchmarks the GTX 1080 is faster than a Vega 64, so tflops aren't the be all end all in performance. We could say the Xbox Series X has the equivalent of a Vega 64 with Ray-Tracing capability, assuming all rumors are true. But if the Xbox Series X has 16GB of GDDR6 with a 256-bit bus then there won't be enough bandwidth to feed the Zen2 CPU and the Navi GPU in the console.
    Tflops is like Mips was back in the day. Meaningless number. The "tflop" ratings of the PS4 Pro and XB1X are BS, because there are cards out there with lower "tflop" numbers that absolutely stomp them. The 2080 and 2080ti will definitely demolish whatever they're putting in the new consoles, and it doesn't even matter because Nvidia will have a new generation out by then. AMD has not been able to touch Nvidia on the high end since the launch of the 780ti. They're competitive in midrange and low end GPU's. Would I like to see AMD make a GPU that's competitive with the 2080ti? Sure. Competition is good. But it probably won't happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine caring about tflops when they put out crackdown 3

These names are so confusing.
    Before Xbox One, I always call the original Xbox, Xbox 1.

All xboxes are just PCs with a few exclusive games.
    The only reason I bought the original Xbox was because of the online games.
    PC was flooded with cheaters.

Xbox One and its games are cheaper than PC games now.
    That was not like that before.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2019-12-28 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Tflops is like Mips was back in the day. Meaningless number. The "tflop" ratings of the PS4 Pro and XB1X are BS, because there are cards out there with lower "tflop" numbers that absolutely stomp them. The 2080 and 2080ti will definitely demolish whatever they're putting in the new consoles, and it doesn't even matter because Nvidia will have a new generation out by then. AMD has not been able to touch Nvidia on the high end since the launch of the 780ti. They're competitive in midrange and low end GPU's. Would I like to see AMD make a GPU that's competitive with the 2080ti? Sure. Competition is good. But it probably won't happen.
    Consoles have fudged numbers before for marketing, and I think there's a little of that going on here as well. My belief is that both Sony and Microsoft are going to have RDNA1.0 based consoles in 2020, but maybe also RDNA2.0 released later on or in 2020 for a higher price. The name "Xbox Series X" suggests that Microsoft maybe using the "X" nomenclature to show that's the high end model, and of course Microsoft showed off some $600 or $700 high end console before showing what's the mainstream console. Sony maybe doing the same thing with a PS5 Pro to be eventually released.

AMD can definitely release a high end GPU that'll out do a 2080Ti, but by then Nvidia will have a 3080Ti. Having the fastest most expensive GPU in the market is like running in the special Olympics. Even if you win, I'm still not buying into that. Nobody in their right mind is buying a RTX 2080Ti for over $1k. Nvidia has certainly had their butt cheeks slammed shut when they heard what these new consoles are able to do, and claimed their RTX 2080 and 2080Ti is faster. That's not something to be proud of when your overpriced GPU's are faster than a console that's probably cheaper. If Nvidia doesn't drastically lower prices then the PC gaming market could go back to the dark ages like in 2006 when the drastically cheaper consoles made sense over PC. AMD has no reason to lower prices because nothing they do will ever take market share away from Nvidia, plus they have a conflict of interest with their investment in both next generation game consoles. This is why I hope Intel shakes things up because there's a rumor now that suggests GPU prices are going up in 2020.

The Xbox Series S got leaked so MS came out and confirmed the specs and pricing: £249/$299, 120FPS at 1440p, 4K upscaling for games, 4K media playback, support for DirectX raytracing, a custom NVME 512GB SSD, and it's 60 per cent smaller than the X https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-priced-usd299

That's a nice price. But a 512GB drive for a digital-only next gen console? That's going to hurt. Still, I expect that price is going to attract a lot of new people to the ecosystem.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The Xbox Series S got leaked so MS came out and confirmed the specs and pricing: £249/$299, 120FPS at 1440p, 4K upscaling for games, 4K media playback, support for DirectX raytracing, a custom NVME 512GB SSD, and it's 60 per cent smaller than the X https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-priced-usd299

That's a nice price. But a 512GB drive for a digital-only next gen console? That's going to hurt. Still, I expect that price is going to attract a lot of new people to the ecosystem.
    If it had a disk drive I would buy one but it doesn't. I care about Backwards compatibility and it seems that MS is the only ones doing it so ill wait for a Series X to get a price cut.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post

Seriously, but fuckin why? I don't get this high refresh rate shit. Most folks have their consoles hooked up to TV's, not higher performance monitors. HDR and 4K may be more common now, but high refresh rate fuckin ain't, nor is an abnormal 2K resolution. What's the point of outputting twice the framerate most TV's can actually pump out?

And I guess it's nice that it's got a 512GB SSD is damned small for modern games. That's like, maybe 2 CoD's if you're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And I guess it's nice that it's got a 512GB SSD is damned small for modern games. That's like, maybe 2 CoD's if you're lucky.
    The BR is over 200GB now, You can't fit two of them on the SSD cause I bet after system its around 440GB.

SSD or not anything short of 1TB is a joke.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Considering the size of patches on the current gen xbone can hit 60gb+ quite often thats going to be a 4 game hard drive tops if next gen file bloat is as big as predicted. With no disc drive either this feels like its just for people with high speed internet to churn through gamepass fodder and not much else.