Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If it had a disk drive I would buy one but it doesn't. I care about Backwards compatibility and it seems that MS is the only ones doing it so ill wait for a Series X to get a price cut.
    Haven't Sony said that the PS5 would play all PS4 and PS3 games?
    I might just be misremembering

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Haven't Sony said that the PS5 would play all PS4 and PS3 games?
    I might just be misremembering
    Most PS4 and nothing before that.

How they are handling BC is shit, But that's all ill say on it don't want to derail.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If it had a disk drive I would buy one but it doesn't. I care about Backwards compatibility and it seems that MS is the only ones doing it so ill wait for a Series X to get a price cut.
    Its a good thing MS focuses on BC because they sure as hell don't have modern games worth a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Its a good thing MS focuses on BC because they sure as hell don't have modern games worth a shit.
    Fully agree.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They have a memory expansion slot so they can sell you additional storage.
    Ah yes "buy more shit to tac on to be able to store digital games on the all digital console" thats really keeping the price down, worked great for the Vita

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously, but fuckin why? I don't get this high refresh rate shit. Most folks have their consoles hooked up to TV's, not higher performance monitors. HDR and 4K may be more common now, but high refresh rate fuckin ain't, nor is an abnormal 2K resolution. What's the point of outputting twice the framerate most TV's can actually pump out?

And I guess it's nice that it's got a 512GB SSD is damned small for modern games. That's like, maybe 2 CoD's if you're lucky.
    that would only happen if you had a tv that could do it. almost all LG OLEDs 2018 or 2019 and up have HDMI 2.1 and 4k120 support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Ah yes "buy more shit to tac on to be able to store digital games on the all digital console" thats really keeping the price down, worked great for the Vita
    you only have to use the expansion slot if you want more available storage for games but you can use a hard drive as cold storage and move the games back into fast storage when you want to play

- - - Updated - - -

Fully agree.
    thats just wrong lol they have plenty of upcoming games that look like they'll be great plus a new high budget studio they're dubbing "AAAA" so expect more things. Xbox isnt just doing nothing and people that dont see that are morons lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Consoles have fudged numbers before for marketing, and I think there's a little of that going on here as well. My belief is that both Sony and Microsoft are going to have RDNA1.0 based consoles in 2020, but maybe also RDNA2.0 released later on or in 2020 for a higher price. The name "Xbox Series X" suggests that Microsoft maybe using the "X" nomenclature to show that's the high end model, and of course Microsoft showed off some $600 or $700 high end console before showing what's the mainstream console. Sony maybe doing the same thing with a PS5 Pro to be eventually released.

AMD can definitely release a high end GPU that'll out do a 2080Ti, but by then Nvidia will have a 3080Ti. Having the fastest most expensive GPU in the market is like running in the special Olympics. Even if you win, I'm still not buying into that. Nobody in their right mind is buying a RTX 2080Ti for over $1k. Nvidia has certainly had their butt cheeks slammed shut when they heard what these new consoles are able to do, and claimed their RTX 2080 and 2080Ti is faster. That's not something to be proud of when your overpriced GPU's are faster than a console that's probably cheaper. If Nvidia doesn't drastically lower prices then the PC gaming market could go back to the dark ages like in 2006 when the drastically cheaper consoles made sense over PC. AMD has no reason to lower prices because nothing they do will ever take market share away from Nvidia, plus they have a conflict of interest with their investment in both next generation game consoles. This is why I hope Intel shakes things up because there's a rumor now that suggests GPU prices are going up in 2020.
    ....both consoles will be RDNA2 idk where you got that its RDNA 1

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    thats just wrong lol they have plenty of upcoming games that look like they'll be great plus a new high budget studio they're dubbing "AAAA" so expect more things. Xbox isnt just doing nothing and people that dont see that are morons lol
    And what games mite those be?

- - - Updated - - -

that would only happen if you had a tv that could do it. almost all LG OLEDs 2018 or 2019 and up have HDMI 2.1 and 4k120 support.
    Ummm no they don't.

Not everyone has a 1-2 year old TV, and many who buy 4K TV's are likely to spring for older, much cheaper models that still come with HDR. Even for those that support 2.1, not all use the full bandwidth it affords. Realistically it makes no sense. Between a huge chunk of TV's not being able to support it at all and the fact that we're still apparently looking at 4K/30 or 4K/60 gaming for the most part, I just don't see the niche for super high refresh rates.

you only have to use the expansion slot if you want more available storage for games but you can use a hard drive as cold storage and move the games back into fast storage when you want to play
    True, but it'll be a massive pain in the ass if you have any meaningful digital library. Needing to move a 180GB game from an external HDD to the internal SSD is still limited by the HDD read speeds, and with a SSD that small you'll need to do a lot of it if you play more than a few games at a time. 512GB is absolutely tiny, and even the OG Xbox One was criticized for its small 500GB HDD when it launched.

Halo and...? Halo is delayed and is a huge gut-punch for Microsoft. What else is coming on the horizon? I know we've got some titles from studios they acquired like Hellblade 2, but the heavy hitting IP's and the desired wave of first party titles to support a hardware launch aren't really here.

As for the "AAAA" nonsense...that's garbage marketing bullshit, nothing more. Microsoft don't have the track record to earn blind trust on that, this past generation has been a pretty big failure overall for them with multiple significant misses (sup Crackdown 3!). I'm still surprised they don't have a stronger first party launch lineup, to be honest. They knew they needed to come out swinging this generation after faceplanting at the start of the current generation and never regaining their footing, but while they've got the raw hardware power to have some incredible games on the Series X they're really lacking corresponding software to make people actually want to buy it.

but while they've got the raw hardware power to have some incredible games on the Series X they're really lacking corresponding software to make people actually want to buy it.
    I'm all for competition but Microsoft is going to learn raw power doesn't mean shit when it comes to console gaming. Hell look at the Switch and how well its doing and its the weakest of the current systems by miles. Each time "Strong Hardware" has been a selling point it has flopped (Sega,N64, OG Xbox, PSP/Vita) in comparison to its competition.

120FPS is pointless on a console when the vast majority (99%) only go to 60FPS. Its PR numbers and they hope they will get someone to buy a TV that says (120 Clear Motion Index) or some other false advertising shit and its actually just 60FPS.

Not everyone has a 1-2 year old TV, and many who buy 4K TV's are likely to spring for older, much cheaper models that still come with HDR. Even for those that support 2.1, not all use the full bandwidth it affords. Realistically it makes no sense. Between a huge chunk of TV's not being able to support it at all and the fact that we're still apparently looking at 4K/30 or 4K/60 gaming for the most part, I just don't see the niche for super high refresh rates.

True, but it'll be a massive pain in the ass if you have any meaningful digital library. Needing to move a 180GB game from an external HDD to the internal SSD is still limited by the HDD read speeds, and with a SSD that small you'll need to do a lot of it if you play more than a few games at a time. 512GB is absolutely tiny, and even the OG Xbox One was criticized for its small 500GB HDD when it launched.

Halo and...? Halo is delayed and is a huge gut-punch for Microsoft. What else is coming on the horizon? I know we've got some titles from studios they acquired like Hellblade 2, but the heavy hitting IP's and the desired wave of first party titles to support a hardware launch aren't really here.

As for the "AAAA" nonsense...that's garbage marketing bullshit, nothing more. Microsoft don't have the track record to earn blind trust on that, this past generation has been a pretty big failure overall for them with multiple significant misses (sup Crackdown 3!). I'm still surprised they don't have a stronger first party launch lineup, to be honest. They knew they needed to come out swinging this generation after faceplanting at the start of the current generation and never regaining their footing, but while they've got the raw hardware power to have some incredible games on the Series X they're really lacking corresponding software to make people actually want to buy it.
    who cares what TVs people have now, the consoles are setup for the future so thats a limited view in your eyes. people that dont have it can just run in lower res and get the perf they want.

Who cares if its a massive pain. if you want it to not be a pain get an NVME expansion that multiple vendors will sell. NVME isnt cheap, never was. At least they still gave you the option to use HDD as cold storage instead of not at all. You can also get a standard SATA external SSD which would move files much quick than a shit ass 5400rpm external

One, sony has basically nothing at launch as well so that shouldnt be something you compare it to to. They have basically only the Miles Morales game which isn't a full game. its basically a stand alone DLC to spiderman with only a 10hr campaign if that.

Xbox has these titles in the works and i expect great things. Remember theyve only had all these studios for like 2 years so projects are still in the works
    Halo Infinite
    Avowed
    Everwild
    Forza
    Fable
    Hellblade2
    Scorn

I honestly think all these titles will end up being great as theyre not really pulling any punches this gen. Sony of course has titles in the works as well but theyre 1-3 years out still

AAAA
    Ah the mythical AAAA game. Can't wait.

And I guess it's nice that it's got a 512GB SSD is damned small for modern games. That's like, maybe 2 CoD's if you're lucky.
    Well CoD is from ActiShit so the install size makes no sense, I mean a game like red dead 2 is 103GB and a CoD themed BR is over 200GB so yeah shit.
    Also wasn't there some new tech coming to next gen to try and get the file sizes down a bit ? dunno i vaguely remember reading something about it months back.

I honestly think all these titles will end up being great as theyre not really pulling any punches this gen.
    So what, they shat the bad for the last seven years on purpose? it was all according to keikaku for their next gen endgame? I would love for all those games to knock it out the park but what on earth instills this level of brand loyalty and over the top expectations from a company who has been riding "b-but gamepass tho" for years because everything they have put out has been a damp squib or a straight up inferior sequel to a former hit. Wheres the "its going to be better this time, they are actually going to try this time!" coming from and why would you trust it if you imply they are only not pulling out the stops now after 7 years of not for reasons?

who cares what TVs people have now
    Xbox has these titles in the works and i expect great things. Remember theyve only had all these studios for like 2 years so projects are still in the works

Halo Infinite Yet was delayed due to development issues
    Avowed We know nothing really on this
    Everwild We know nothing really on this
    Forza Its #124723 Racing Game
    Fable We know less than nothing on this, All they showed was a CGI trailer
    Hellblade2 We have only seen a CGI trailer on this
    Scorn Its out on PC and its shit
    Who cares about what TV's people have now? The people who are suppose to be buying the consoles this fall, you can't play those on a TV you don't own. As for the games I posted bolded next to each one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Also wasn't there some new tech coming to next gen to try and get the file sizes down a bit ? dunno i vaguely remember reading something about it months back.
    Its the SSD's so say for example they don't have to make a billion stop signs.

And what games mite those be?

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm no they don't.
    Umm idk maybe use your brain to search?

Halo Infinite
    Avowed
    Everwild
    Forza
    Fable
    Hellblade2
    Scorn
    and more to come

and yes LG OLEDs do. 2019 series and up, just confirmed. LG is one of the only manufacturers to support all HDMI 2.1 stuff like ALLM, VRR, 4k120 etc. Shit most Sony TVs 2018+ models have all the hardware for HDMI 2.1 and 4k120 but they refuse to push out the FW update for all the TVs. the only one that has it so far is the shit x900h

Umm idk maybe use your brain to search?
    "Points Above"

Who cares about what TV's people have now? The people who are suppose to be buying the consoles this fall, you can't play those on a TV you don't own. As for the games I posted bolded next to each one.

- - - Updated - - -

Its the SSD's so say for example they don't have to make a billion stop signs.
    Who cares if they were delayed or we know nothing about them? you can say the same for all the games on PS5 lol so those points dont matter. Also no Scorn is not out on PC lol shit doesnt even have a release date so quit talking bs

Seriously, but fuckin why? I don't get this high refresh rate shit. Most folks have their consoles hooked up to TV's, not higher performance monitors. HDR and 4K may be more common now, but high refresh rate fuckin ain't, nor is an abnormal 2K resolution. What's the point of outputting twice the framerate most TV's can actually pump out?

My TV accepts 120Hz input (albeit at 1080p only) and it's from 2017.

A lot of 4K panels are already 120Hz (for all the motion smoothing they tend to do), they just don't accept the higher frame rate input.

As HDMI 2.1 becomes the standard, you'll find a lot of TV manufacturers going "fuck it, might as well include support for it". Samsung and LG already have.

And unlike 4K resolution, it's something that you can actually notice. Especially VRR. Those games running at a juddery 40-50 fps? Suddenly they look a lot smoother than at 30, or worse, cutting back and forth between 30 and 60.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So what, they shat the bad for the last seven years on purpose? it was all according to keikaku for their next gen endgame? I would love for all those games to knock it out the park but what on earth instills this level of brand loyalty and over the top expectations from a company who has been riding "b-but gamepass tho" for years because everything they have put out has been a damp squib or a straight up inferior sequel to a former hit. Wheres the "its going to be better this time, they are actually going to try this time!" coming from and why would you trust it if you imply they are only not pulling out the stops now after 7 years of not for reasons?
    Because theyre putting their money where their mouth is this gen. they didnt deliver last gen because recovering from the disaster the last xbox president did for the xbox one launch hurt them that much. they bought up a shit ton of studios in the last 2 years to make their games library better for next gen and to instill confidence in the platform and a backing from nadella with basically a blank check to make it happen. if you read up on the changes then you know why i expect big things from xbox this gen. Plus theyre being very pro-consumer while sony continue down the path of anti-consumer so id rather give them my money than sony

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ah the mythical AAAA game. Can't wait.
    thats why i said that they dubbed it as such. i can only imagine that its either a game with a massive budget or multiple games with good budgets

The play with the Series S is $25/month to get someone into the ecosystem. That includes Game Pass Ultimate. Sony won't be able to match this price.

People understand the concept of a subscription service when buying phones... $25/month and $35/month is something people can stomach. A $500 pricetag isn't.