Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    "Points Above"
    great comeback to everything i said, well written with clear points......

/s

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    who cares what TVs people have now, the consoles are setup for the future so thats a limited view in your eyes. people that dont have it can just run in lower res and get the perf they want.
    I mean, I guess. But the reality is that based off everything we're seeing so far, titles that reach anywhere near 120fps will be far and few between with more opting for the standard 4k/30 or pushing for 4k/60 at best. I guess the option is nice, but it's realistically mostly marketing copy with little practical benefit.

I mean, the One X can already pump out 120fps, theoretically...though I don't think any developers have actually tried because the tradeoffs necessary are too great. I assume there will be fewer tradeoffs with the new hardware, but I still assume it will largely be something that few games take advantage of. Adding support for 120fps into your game takes time and money, and if you're already working on tight budgets and your market analysis research shows that 83% of likely customers have 60fps TV's, that's what they'll design around.

Who cares if its a massive pain.
    *raises hand*

I like more storage, don't get me wrong. I've got 4TB of additional storage in my current computer (almost all HDD), and when I build a new rig I'm likely going to get 1-2TB of SSD plus another 1-2TB for HDD.

But I don't wanna have to fuck around with swapping connections and moving files around all the time. Hell, even just the process of installing RDR2 on my PS4 Pro was obnoxious. I get game disks in part to avoid the long download/install times.

if you want it to not be a pain get an NVME expansion that multiple vendors will sell. NVME isnt cheap, never was. At least they still gave you the option to use HDD as cold storage instead of not at all. You can also get a standard SATA external SSD which would move files much quick than a shit ass 5400rpm external
    It's the tradeoff of going with a custom SSD solution like they have. The benefits are nice, but it comes with more of a hassle. Overall it's probably better given that we can say goodbye to long load times and get a host of other benefits, just a bit of a headscratcher that the digital-only model comes with so little storage. Hoping they have options to spring for a 1-2TB internal SSD if folks want it.

One, sony has basically nothing at launch as well so that shouldnt be something you compare it to to. They have basically only the Miles Morales game which isn't a full game. its basically a stand alone DLC to spiderman with only a 10hr campaign if that.
    Not saying Sony's is all that much better, but they don't need it to be. They have the momentum in a big way, both from the current generation and based on social responses etc. to the next generation reveal. They can coast on that momentum. Microsoft doesn't have that benefit, so they have a lot more work to do to catch up.

Xbox has these titles in the works and i expect great things. Remember theyve only had all these studios for like 2 years so projects are still in the works
    Halo Infinite - Delayed 'til 2021
    Avowed - Little revealed, no release date.
    Everwild - Yay Rare! Though no release date revealed.
    Forza - New one recently started development, so 2021 is optimistic.
    Fable - Is this still a major IP even, especially with a new dev? Also no date, likely 2021 at the earliest.
    Hellblade2 - No release date, but seems to be the only one that might his the launch window.
    Scorn - Firmly aligned with launch window!
    Looking through that list, almost all look like holiday 2021 releases at the earliest. Hellblade 2 could hit the launch window and is at least from a notable dev, Scorn will definitely hit it but considering it's a Kickstarter title it's hardly Microsoft first party (it's coming to PS5 too) so we can toss that one out. The rest for the most part aren't looking like they'll come any time in the near future.

I honestly think all these titles will end up being great as theyre not really pulling any punches this gen. Sony of course has titles in the works as well but theyre 1-3 years out still
    So are the titles you listed. Again, Sony can rest on their laurels this generation as they thoroughly won the current generation and are winning the hype-battle for next gen. I'm not saying this because I want Microsoft to fail by any means. I'm saying this because I was genuinely hoping they'd come out swinging with haymakers right out of the gate the generation and am disappointed to see them tepidly dancing around throwing jabs instead.

I want them to be on equal footing with Sony and for the two companies to push each other constantly, everyone benefits when that happens. While Nintendo keeps doing its own Nintendo thing.

Who cares if they were delayed or we know nothing about them? you can say the same for all the games on PS5 lol so those points dont matter. Also no Scorn is not out on PC lol shit doesnt even have a release date so quit talking bs
    Actually we have actual gameplay for a lot of the PS5 titles and who cares if we know nothing??? The people spending $500+ on the console.

As for Scorn...

Half correct. Its not out yet but there is a Alpha demo and guess what the game looks like shit..

I figured it was just some early access trash.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Because theyre putting their money where their mouth is this gen. they didnt deliver last gen because recovering from the disaster the last xbox president did for the xbox one launch hurt them that much. they bought up a shit ton of studios in the last 2 years to make their games library better for next gen and to instill confidence in the platform and a backing from nadella with basically a blank check to make it happen. if you read up on the changes then you know why i expect big things from xbox this gen. Plus theyre being very pro-consumer while sony continue down the path of anti-consumer so id rather give them my money than sony
    And you believed it all after 7 years of the current unending mediocrity. Brilliant. I hope its everything you dream it is, god knows the down with the ship brand defenders need something to pay off years of this "next year will turn it around" bunkum.

My concern is that studios are going to target the specs for the Series S and then upscale to the series X. I wonder if that would be an explanation for "Craig".

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    My concern is that studios are going to target the specs for the Series S and then upscale to the series X. I wonder if that would be an explanation for "Craig".
    The main difference between the S and X will be GPU power and Ram, Everything else will be the same. It will be no different then a PC running on Max compared to Mid settings.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s an optional expansion that’s unnecessary if you don’t mind deleting games you aren’t currently playing. It is available for those who absolutely have to have every game installed at the same time though.
    This is a digital only version. If you can only fit like 6 games on tops and things like Halo are chasing the live service endless logins meme designed to keep them on your system all the time that is not exactly paying for convenience is it? Like if this still had a disc drive it would make more sense to some degree but this feels like one of those nintendo handhelds or the red wii mini or hard drive free 360s time forgot because they come out of the gate redundant and requiring additional purchases to function.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    This is a digital only version. If you can only fit like 6 games on tops and things like Halo are chasing the live service endless logins meme designed to keep them on your system all the time that is not exactly paying for convenience is it? Like if this still had a disc drive it would make more sense to some degree but this feels like one of those nintendo handhelds or the red wii mini or hard drive free 360s time forgot because they come out of the gate redundant and requiring additional purchases to function.
    To add its a digital system in a world with data caps. They better start making games smaller or people will just limit what games they buy/download, even more so when the SSD is so dam small.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    And you believed it all after 7 years of the current unending mediocrity. Brilliant. I hope its everything you dream it is, god knows the down with the ship brand defenders need something to pay off years of this "next year will turn it around" bunkum.
    i guess you missed the part of the studios bought in the last 2 years lol so far they have delivered quality games that were already on contract for multiplats before being bought it. Outer Worlds and Hellblade come to mind as great games. Obsidian has always been a good studio and Hellblade was probably one of the best games ive played in years. I have faith in them due to the studios they bought and the money they want to put behind them. Its also the first time their hardware at launch is mostly better besides one aspect. if you want to live in the bubble and deny all of those facts, then idk why you're even here discussing this

- - - Updated - - -

Actually we have actual gameplay for a lot of the PS5 titles and who cares if we know nothing??? The people spending $500+ on the console.

As for Scorn...

Half correct. Its not out yet but there is a Alpha demo and guess what the game looks like shit..

I figured it was just some early access trash.
    from 2017 dude......in alpha....stfu lol you think the game hasnt changed in 3 years of dev? lol sigh

from 2017 dude......in alpha....stfu lol you think the game hasnt changed in 3 years of dev? lol sigh
    Tons of faith in a game that was kickstarted and been in development for at least 3 years......

You are trying way to hard here.

We are in a economic crisis right now and if you think people are going to spend $500+ on a box that only comes with hopes and dreams then I got a sea side lodge to sell you in ohio.

Tons of faith in a game that was kickstarted and been in development for at least 3 years......

We are in a economic crisis right now and if you think people are going to spend $500+ on a box that only comes with hopes and dreams then I got a sea side lodge to sell you in ohio.
    That's why they're going to spend $25 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, I guess. But the reality is that based off everything we're seeing so far, titles that reach anywhere near 120fps will be far and few between with more opting for the standard 4k/30 or pushing for 4k/60 at best. I guess the option is nice, but it's realistically mostly marketing copy with little practical benefit.

I mean, the One X can already pump out 120fps, theoretically...though I don't think any developers have actually tried because the tradeoffs necessary are too great. I assume there will be fewer tradeoffs with the new hardware, but I still assume it will largely be something that few games take advantage of. Adding support for 120fps into your game takes time and money, and if you're already working on tight budgets and your market analysis research shows that 83% of likely customers have 60fps TV's, that's what they'll design around.

*raises hand*

I like more storage, don't get me wrong. I've got 4TB of additional storage in my current computer (almost all HDD), and when I build a new rig I'm likely going to get 1-2TB of SSD plus another 1-2TB for HDD.

But I don't wanna have to fuck around with swapping connections and moving files around all the time. Hell, even just the process of installing RDR2 on my PS4 Pro was obnoxious. I get game disks in part to avoid the long download/install times.

It's the tradeoff of going with a custom SSD solution like they have. The benefits are nice, but it comes with more of a hassle. Overall it's probably better given that we can say goodbye to long load times and get a host of other benefits, just a bit of a headscratcher that the digital-only model comes with so little storage. Hoping they have options to spring for a 1-2TB internal SSD if folks want it.

Not saying Sony's is all that much better, but they don't need it to be. They have the momentum in a big way, both from the current generation and based on social responses etc. to the next generation reveal. They can coast on that momentum. Microsoft doesn't have that benefit, so they have a lot more work to do to catch up.

Looking through that list, almost all look like holiday 2021 releases at the earliest. Hellblade 2 could hit the launch window and is at least from a notable dev, Scorn will definitely hit it but considering it's a Kickstarter title it's hardly Microsoft first party (it's coming to PS5 too) so we can toss that one out. The rest for the most part aren't looking like they'll come any time in the near future.

So are the titles you listed. Again, Sony can rest on their laurels this generation as they thoroughly won the current generation and are winning the hype-battle for next gen. I'm not saying this because I want Microsoft to fail by any means. I'm saying this because I was genuinely hoping they'd come out swinging with haymakers right out of the gate the generation and am disappointed to see them tepidly dancing around throwing jabs instead.

I want them to be on equal footing with Sony and for the two companies to push each other constantly, everyone benefits when that happens. While Nintendo keeps doing its own Nintendo thing.
    yeah i know we know nothing of those games yet but we'll find out more as time goes on. they only bought these studios 2 years ago so its going to take some time to finish. 1-3 year release window. Also Scorn is confirmed a msft exclusive, PC and Xbox. and yeah you're not wrong about Sony that they can basically do nothing as they have nothing for 1-3 years as well but considering some of the anti-consumer moves they made this gen im going to Xbox. seems the better buy for a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That's why they're going to spend $25 instead.
    if they pass a credit check.... In a economic crisis.....

Good luck with that.

hence why they have a cheaper one called the Series S that will sell like hotcakes on holidays lol also considering it is now exclusive you think msft didn't give them some capital? 3rd party exclusivity don't come free

you're not wrong about Sony that they can basically do nothing as they have nothing for 1-3 years as well
    Besides a little game called SpiderMan Miles Morales fallowed up by Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Demon's Souls remake... Ya Sony has nothing for the next 1-3 years..

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Well CoD is from ActiShit so the install size makes no sense, I mean a game like red dead 2 is 103GB and a CoD themed BR is over 200GB so yeah shit.
    Also wasn't there some new tech coming to next gen to try and get the file sizes down a bit ? dunno i vaguely remember reading something about it months back.
    That's mainly because they're working around HDDs. I'm going to bet the Series S/X version of the game is a lot smaller.

hence why they have a cheaper one called the Series S that will sell like hotcakes on holidays lol also considering it is now exclusive you think msft didn't give them some capital? 3rd party exclusivity don't come free
    Its not exclusive it will be on PS5 and PC.

Also the S is a digital only system with 500GB SSD that its selling point will be that it can play the games you have now... There is no software to sell the system...

Besides a little game called SpiderMan Miles Morales fallowed up by Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Demon's Souls remake... Ya Sony has nothing for the next 1-3 years..
    Mile Morales isnt a full game, is basically a stand alone DLC lol Rachet a clank and demon souls remake are 2021 releases. no dates so far but probably early 2021

yeah i know we know nothing of those games yet but we'll find out more as time goes on. they only bought these studios 2 years ago so its going to take some time to finish. 1-3 year release window.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to more games from some of the studios they acquired. But that doesn't help them at launch, and they don't exactly have a strong crop of internal developers working on titles before those acquisitions either so they're launching with a pretty meager first party lineup, against heavy headwinds from Sony's momentum, and while they've likely got a lot more exciting games for the year or two following launch...so will Sony. Sony also bought up some more studios in recent years, and unlike Microsoft they already have a pretty strong crop of in-house studios that have been making killer games for them all generation long.

but considering some of the anti-consumer moves they made this gen im going to Xbox.
    Did I miss something? >.>

Is this about their nonsense crusade against anime tiddies, or something else?

Mile Morales isnt a full game, is basically a stand alone DLC
    You have played it? Because the developers have said different.

The other 2 are in the launch window of the PS5. Even if its just Mile Morales that is still one game more than MS and Spiderman sells like crazy.

The Series X and S has ZERO launch window games that will sell the system.