Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its not exclusive it will be on PS5 and PC.

Also the S is a digital only system with 500GB SSD that its selling point will be that it can play the games you have now... There is no software to sell the system...
    actually its not coming to PS5 check marketing materials. Only PC and Xbox SX. one of DX12 Ultimate's purposes was to make it easy to work on games for PC and xbox. no longer is it a custom DX variant for consoles but the same. so yes a MSFT exclusive lol

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did I miss something? >.>

Is this about their nonsense crusade against anime tiddies, or something else?
    That's what I assumed or some Cross-Play BS even tho Sony has been doing Cross-Play longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    actually its not coming to PS5 check marketing materials. Only PC and Xbox SX. one of DX12 Ultimate's purposes was to make it easy to work on games for PC and xbox. no longer is it a custom DX variant for consoles but the same. so yes a MSFT exclusive lol
    Cool they got 3rd party exclusive access to a kickstarter game that has no release date...

/Golf Clap.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-09-08 at 06:31 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You have played it? Because the developers have said different.

The other 2 are in the launch window of the PS5. Even if its just Mile Morales that is still one game more than MS and Spiderman sells like crazy.

The Series X and S has ZERO launch window games that will sell the system.
    Do you think exclusives are all that people play or something? because pretty sure those have never been the top sellers or top user base on any platform lol you realize there's going to be a bunch of 3rd party titles right? and go look what the developers said again, Miles Morales is akin to Uncharted Lost Legacy which wasn't a full game either, was essentially a DLC to uncharted 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm looking forward to more games from some of the studios they acquired. But that doesn't help them at launch, and they don't exactly have a strong crop of internal developers working on titles before those acquisitions either so they're launching with a pretty meager first party lineup, against heavy headwinds from Sony's momentum, and while they've likely got a lot more exciting games for the year or two following launch...so will Sony. Sony also bought up some more studios in recent years, and unlike Microsoft they already have a pretty strong crop of in-house studios that have been making killer games for them all generation long.

Did I miss something? >.>

Is this about their nonsense crusade against anime tiddies, or something else?
    nah more like being against crossplay, being against bringing games to PC (horizon only came to PC because it used the same engine as Death Stranding) and more things they've done this gen and next.

Do you think exclusives are all that people play or something?
    You NEED two things to sell hardware, Exclusives and 3rd party support.

Lets ask the Wii-U how well it did without 3rd party support and a lack of exclusives for 2 years or the Xbox One how well its done without Exclusives worth buying.

ONCE AGAIN you can't sell a $299/$499+ system on hopes and dreams and it being the strongest hardware doesn't mean shit and never has.

- - - Updated - - -

nah more like being against crossplay
    Umm Sony has been doing Cross-Play since PS2 and has more titles Cross-Play than MS...

Stop drinking the shit Phil Spencer spews.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-09-08 at 06:39 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

nah more like being against crossplay, being against bringing games to PC (horizon only came to PC because it used the same engine as Death Stranding) and more things they've done this gen and next.
    I mean...they didn't have to allow Death Stranding to go to PC, and it was built on in-house technology in the first place. This is actually, by far, the most supportive Sony has been towards PC that I can ever remember, and there are indications we'll see more of it coming. Which can likely be traced back to them responding to Microsoft's embrace (for better or worse) of the PC this current generation.

As for cross-play, both companies are talking out of the sides of their mouth with it. Both allow it with some things, disallow it with others. They favor it when they think it will help them, and shun it when they think it won't. Meh.

You NEED two things to sell hardware, Exclusives and 3rd party support.

Lets ask the Wii-U how well it did without Exclusives for 2 years or the Xbox One how well its done without Exclusives worth buying.

ONCE AGAIN you can't sell a $299/$499+ system on hopes and dreams and it being the strongest hardware doesn't mean shit and never has.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm Sony has been doing Cross-Play since PS2 and has more titles Cross-Play than MS...

Stop drinking the shit Phil Spencer spews.
    PS4 crossplay is what we're discussing here not PS2, and PS2 barely had an online presence outside of FF11 and i guess PSO if (i dont even remember if that was on PS2)

WII-U had marketing issues besides just having no games. People thought it was an addon to the Wii and basically was another terrible launch just like the Xbox one

- - - Updated - - -

I mean...they didn't have to allow Death Stranding to go to PC, and it was built on in-house technology in the first place. This is actually, by far, the most supportive Sony has been towards PC that I can ever remember, and there are indications we'll see more of it coming. Which can likely be traced back to them responding to Microsoft's embrace (for better or worse) of the PC this current generation.

As for cross-play, both companies are talking out of the sides of their mouth with it. Both allow it with some things, disallow it with others. They favor it when they think it will help them, and shun it when they think it won't. Meh.
    Death Stranding only had 1yr exclusivity, Sony doesn't own the studio. in fact Kojima fought to make sure that would happen as originally it was only PS4

PS4 crossplay is what we're discussing here not PS2.
    Actually you said

nah more like being against crossplay,
    But hey if we are just talking about PS4....It still had more games cross-play than XB1. As for games the PS2 had it had a little game called Final Fantasy 11 that was Cross-Play with PC and later PC & 360.

- - - Updated - - -

Death Stranding only had 1yr exclusivity, Sony doesn't own the studio. in fact Kojima fought to make sure that would happen as originally it was only PS4
    Sony does own the engine Kojima used, If Sony didn't want Death Stranding on PC it wouldn't be there.

I'm aware of that. But they funded development and allowed Kojima to use their technology, and a bunch of staff from Guerrila to help. So ultimately, it was their project to control in a sense. Their money. Their technology. Their staff helping. There's no Death Stranding without Sony.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ft-aaaa-games/

Oh good, Ubisoft is picking up on the nonsense "AAAA" marketing term too. What does it mean? BIG BUDGETS! What else does it mean? AN EXTRA A! And what does all of that mean?! uh...well...er... AAAA > AAA!

I really hate pointless marketing terminology.

I'm aware of that. But they funded development and allowed Kojima to use their technology, and a bunch of staff from Guerrila to help. So ultimately, it was their project to control in a sense. Their money. Their technology. Their staff helping. There's no Death Stranding without Sony.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh good, Ubisoft is picking up on the nonsense "AAAA" marketing term too. What does it mean? BIG BUDGETS! What else does it mean? AN EXTRA A! And what does all of that mean?! uh...well...er... AAAA > AAA!

The extra A means ALLTHEMTX'S

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    My concern is that studios are going to target the specs for the Series S and then upscale to the series X. I wonder if that would be an explanation for "Craig".
    Its basically the same hardware dude, similar cpu, same ssd. Only difference is it has the GPU power and memory to target 1080p-1440p instead of targeting 4k.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of Sony's IP on PC unless it uses the Decima engine.

Yes, Death Stranding and Horizon have been very popular on PC... But its a sizable amount of effort to make an engine work cross platform.

It's honestly hilarious the only company using the term "AAAA" that wouldn't make me roll my eyes would be Rockstar because their production quality and attention to detail is leagues above any other open world developer. Even then rockstar isn't silly enough to use such a term even though they could get away with it.

- - - Updated - - -

who knows what it means lol either means huge budget or good budget for multiple games. Supposedly MSFTs "AAAA" studio will have like 2000+ employees which is pretty massive

They are selling an entry level model for legacy tv sets? It doesn't surprise me. Xbox or PS5. For my money, Sony had much better games this last gen, and I'm hyped about Demon's Souls Remake. God of War and Bloodborne are still the must play games of this gen.

What Xbox games are you looking forward to playing on this?

Not gonna lie though, as much as I'm enjoying the endless memes on the design of the Series S...I kinda dig it?

Don't get me wrong, it's not the slickest or most stylish of devices by any means. But I'm kinda down with the console appearing to pull air in from the top and venting it out of a giant side-fan with a cheese grater cover over it (or vice versa), should allow for plenty of airflow without needing to run the fan at base-PS4 levels of noise. Seems like Microsoft is very much taking the "function over form" approach this generation, and I can totally, super dig that.

- - - Updated - - -

who knows what it means lol either means huge budget or good budget for multiple games. Supposedly MSFTs "AAAA" studio will have like 2000+ employees which is pretty massive
    Also...pointless. We already have games with massive, enormous budgets. We already have games with 1K+ people credited with working on them, including huge numbers of contractors that were paid to do specific things. An in-house studio with 2K people working on a single game, or even a few?...why? Why not split them up into smaller, more manageable teams? Why not centralize core elements like development of in-house technology a la EA?

It's all smoke and mirror nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    .."AAAA" is now a thing? ....I thought Triple A was enough
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not gonna lie though, as much as I'm enjoying the endless memes on the design of the Series S...I kinda dig it?

Don't get me wrong, it's not the slickest or most stylish of devices by any means. But I'm kinda down with the console appearing to pull air in from the top and venting it out of a giant side-fan with a cheese grater cover over it (or vice versa), should allow for plenty of airflow without needing to run the fan at base-PS4 levels of noise. Seems like Microsoft is very much taking the "function over form" approach this generation, and I can totally, super dig that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also...pointless. We already have games with massive, enormous budgets. We already have games with 1K+ people credited with working on them, including huge numbers of contractors that were paid to do specific things. An in-house studio with 2K people working on a single game, or even a few?...why? Why not split them up into smaller, more manageable teams? Why not centralize core elements like development of in-house technology a la EA?

It's all smoke and mirror nonsense.
    well like i said who knows what theyre doing lol im only guessing. could be exactly what you said. A studio doesnt necessarily only work on one thing. they could be working on MSFTs own in house engine for all we know so they can get away from Unreal. or they could be improving the slipspace engine from 343 (funnily enough the textures were high res in this game preview as you could make out alot of detail but their were obvious issues on their lighting and some other things. making your own engine is definitely tough thats for sure. Still pissed about Konami keeping the Fox engine and using it on pachinko machines after Kojima's konami studio spent years making it)

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall PS4 game line wasn't as good last year or at least for awhile. Then it got better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The Xbox Series S got leaked so MS came out and confirmed the specs and pricing: £249/$299, 120FPS at 1440p, 4K upscaling for games, 4K media playback, support for DirectX raytracing, a custom NVME 512GB SSD, and it's 60 per cent smaller than the X https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-priced-usd299

That's a nice price. But a 512GB drive for a digital-only next gen console? That's going to hurt. Still, I expect that price is going to attract a lot of new people to the ecosystem.
    I think the SSD size is fine for most people (with access to decent internet).

Myself, for example, I don't even live downtown, I live in the burbs like 40 minutes outside of a relatively small Midwest city... Despite that, there are still two ISPs offering gigabit internet all the way out here. I would assume pretty much everyone in/around a major city (like 80-90% of the population) has at least one, if not several ISPs offering hundreds of mbit to gigabit connections by this point.

Even if it was a 1TB drive, you'd still be constantly deleting and re-downloading games anyways; 500gb is enough to have a couple games installed at any given times and keep the cost low.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I think the SSD size is fine for most people (with access to decent internet).

Myself, for example, I don't even live downtown, I live in the burbs like 40 minutes outside of a relatively small Midwest city... Despite that, there are still two ISPs offering gigabit internet all the way out here. I would assume pretty much everyone in/around a major city (like 80-90% of the population) has at least one, if not several ISPs offering hundreds of mbit to gigabit connections by this point.

Even if it was a 1TB drive, you'd still be constantly deleting and re-downloading games anyways; 500gb is enough to have a couple games installed at any given times and keep the cost low.
    the same people who need more than a tb are gona be smart enough to have a external drive. Iv had a 4+tb external since almost the launch of the xbox one and never had to worry about space. I thought the whining about onboard space was dead with the ability to do this, i guess some are just to lazy to go that route. They want multiple TB storage but dont realize that ups the price a great deal. with 1tb wd blues being around 100$ the higher the storage the higher the price.