Poll: Best WoW Villain of the Decade

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Easily Garrosh. By far the best character of the post WC3 era.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Lich King wasn't killed until 2010, the majority of ICC took place in 2010 and the LK wasn't even available during December 2009. Your poll is wrong and Arthas is the correct answer.
    Wotlk was released in 08. Get over yourself.

Lich King wasn't killed until 2010, the majority of ICC took place in 2010 and the LK wasn't even available during December 2009. Your poll is wrong and Arthas is the correct answer.
    He also left out villains like Halion (RS), Neferian (Blackwing decent), Cho'gall & Sinestra (Bastion of Twilight), Al'akir (Throne of the four winds), Grand Empress Shek'zeer (HoF), The sha of Fear (ToES), Mar'gok (Highmaul), Xavius (EN), Heyla (ToV), G'huun (Uldir), Rastakhan (for alliance) and Jaina (for horde) in BoD and Uu'nat in CoS.

Honestly I would've included the sha of pride as well. Considering his history.

Like what kind of poll is this :P.

Deathwing felt like the most intimidating villain, but the way he was portrayed in game was such a huge letdown. As much as I didn't like Garrosh turning into a villain he turned out to be a great one after all. He didn't serve any big bad guy and was going for power solely for himself and his people, which makes him more relatable. Still would've liked him to remain a good guy as he was still the best warchief we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    I'd vote for Activision if it were an option
    This one

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Easily Garrosh. By far the best character of the post WC3 era.

- - - Updated - - -

Wotlk was released in 08. Get over yourself.
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise the topic of the thread was "Which villain based on the release date of the expansion in which they presided was the best of this decade"... The Lich King existed as a villain from 2002-2010 and became available as a boss in 2010. Why did you have to reply like such a douche?

The answer to the question is Arthas, the Lich King. CIRCA 2010.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

(AU) Gul'dan wasn't that great. Garrosh, Kil'Jaeden and (I hate to say this) Sylvannas were better.

3+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth because he's the only Old God that hasn't been seen until now. Also because he was the last one left
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    You left out Activision
    A lot of streamer names would made it above activision. ;-D
    -

5+ Year Old Account
    It's a close run between Gul'dan and Garrosh imo. I picked the latter because him becoming the Orc Hitler (annoying as it was) made sense, it fit all his cultural and personal background, especially his daddy issues.

I have the feeling that writers tried to recreate his tale with Sylvie - but have failed miserably. Everything tragic or touching with Garrosh has become silly, even cringey with the morally grey™ lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan. Probably Lei Shen if he had more time on screen. Sadly he was just a one and done guy

My vote goes to the shipyard Mission Command table from WoD.

Gul'dan has all the best qualities that make him a perfect villain. He has the personality and he actually outsmarts the good guys a few times, which makes it that more rewarding to eventually defeat him.

Garrosh also made a badass villain, but I would have prefered him to stay a good guy.

Deathwing is a cool villain but it's a shame his ending was so poorly done. He deserved better.

Blackhand and Thunder King were also decent villains, but lack something special. All the others are generic and boring villains. Sylvanas we haven't even fought so we have to wait and see how that's handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Gul'dan really was the one bright spot of the train wreck that was WoD. He even made it out of Hellfire Citadel looking like a villain set up for the long haul. Why do we need to get Sylvanas for 3 expansions but Gul'dan got killed off in 7.0?
    Story can be good only if writer knows when it should end. If Sylvanas got focus just on 1-2 expacs and Gul'dan used in every cinematic, you would have different opinion.

Garrosh. I found him a compelling villain and much more interesting than Mary Sue Sylvanas. I don't really have any complaint for him.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    why are the old gods and sargeras not on the list? or at least an "other" option.

The Suramar campaign stands as one of the finest storylines we've experienced in WoW and Elisande was its Big Bad. The tyrant of the city that loomed as the end-goal while you were traversing the streets, going through lesser tasks to push the resistance forward.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Garrosh was a poor man's Arthas. Instead of being driven to terrible choices by a need to blunt an implacable evil, he was driven to destroy by an implacable sense of entitlement. And then instead of being killed as the ultimate boss in a long and lore-driven raid instance, he gets killed in quest line that no-one did because they got to the level cap before they needed to do the quest.

Hmm. I'm really torn. I personally liked Deathwing because his story opened my eyes to a giant amount of lore I had never known of since I came to Warcraft with WC3. His demise was utter shit though.

One part of me also likes Garrosh and the way Blizzard built him up, even though he was a bit inconsistent (I love doing the Stonetalon Mountains questline on my alts and having a big laugh at the end of it) and his ending also kinda sucked.

7+ Year Old Account
    As a Villain, Garrosh.

We saw him rise and fall. We saw how hatred took hold of him and how his failures haunt the Horde for years to come
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you’re gonna argue technicalities the decade didn’t actually start til 2011. So you’re wrong.