Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I did NOT endorse his behavior...and I explicitly stated the opposite to you. Is your reading comprehension really that abysmal?
    You don't think there's a crime, you don't think it's impeachable yet you don't endorse it? are you that ignorant of the contradiction on those stances?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    I doubt it.

Look at some of the farmers who have been badly affected by the tariffs. Many/some are still sticking with him because they think it's their patriotic duty to weather this storm. And if the deal with China is close, the Dems won't even have that to attack him with.
    Of course they can attack him with it because it has to first get through congress and odds are the deal is going to be terrible since Trump is desperate to do this for his election and the Chinese know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Another 4 years of Trump with another scotus pick. The future is looking very nice.
    I'm still confused why you people want a conservative Supreme Court so badly. They make decisions like Citizens United which is easily one of the worst decisions the Supreme Court has ever made. You really want more of that?

What decisions have the liberal justices made that are worse than Citizens United?

This mostly seems like "My team is good, other team is bad" without actually looking at the kinds of decisions that have been made.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'm still confused why you people want a conservative Supreme Court so badly. They make decisions like Citizens United which is easily one of the worst decisions the Supreme Court has ever made. You really want more of that?

What decisions have the liberal justices made that are worse than Citizens United?

This mostly seems like "My team is good, other team is bad" without actually looking at the kinds of decisions that have been made.
    I'm not sure the neo-cons look at Citizens United as a bad thing....

Side question: if Trump steals another 4 years, how many more SCOTUS seats will he get? 2? RBG for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    True. They seem to like bribery considering how much they're defending Trump's bribery.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Side question: if Trump steals another 4 years, how many more SCOTUS seats will he get? 2? RBG for sure.
    If they do, they already have created a near mandate to either pack the courts or go with a variation of the Sanders idea to completely depoliticize it permanently.

That would just ensure that the public at large would demand it as it is already made up of a majority of nominees from presidents who the majority of the nation voted against and Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are both very dubious in how they were put in.

I would personally suggest a new thing where the president doesn't nominate justices at all and they aren't lifetime appointments. Instead they are rotated out from the lower courts every year at random and no case that hit the docket while they are in office will be seen by them but by the next group to keep from fishing for activist judges. Maybe have it setup where if they get through with their cases before, they can be rotated out after only 6 months but each group will only be in up to 12 months and any cases they have left undone in that time will be left for the next ones. If a case drags on, they will ONLY be able to continue in that case in that role.

But the Supreme Court already has credibility issues given their current nomination practices thanks to McConnell that makes about every verdict they come to suspect.

But for him to nominate more, the majority of the nation should pretty much demand it be rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAnonymous View Post
    But the Supreme Court already has credibility issues given their current nomination practices thanks to McConnell that makes about every verdict they come to suspect.
    Nah, that happened before this. When the Supreme Court decided that bribery and corruption are free speech.

Nah, that happened before this. When the Supreme Court decided that bribery and corruption are free speech.
    True, but that was bipartisan corruption as well overall as neither party actually fight that. Their credibility was shot but neither party wanted to fix it and the public couldn't because the parties refused without 3rd options.

With this, we literally have a majority of justices from people and the party that the majority voted against who got put there by hook or by crook. There WILL be a push to have this fixed, either by packing or depoliticizing it.

And given what happened already, packing would take a decent amount even if they removed Kavanaugh for perjury. So just wiping the slate clean and removing that football forever seems like the better option.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    He gets acquitted in the Senate and now the House is at risk in 2020.

Dems might be doing the right thing but they've never been good at the optics game.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it.

Look at some of the farmers who have been badly affected by the tariffs. Many/some are still sticking with him because they think it's their patriotic duty to weather this storm. And if the deal with China is close, the Dems won't even have that to attack him with.
    I think the opposite is true. The fallout from any strategic "gotcha" questioning by pushing false testimony and conspiracy theories will even erode his support among his base. Republican infighting between the 22 senators up for re-election being bombarded by people in their states wanting equal justice for all people, and a resolute decision showing no one is above the law, they will be forced to do some real soul searching. The precedent that this will create will eliminate any semblance of independence of elections from outside interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I think the opposite is true. The fallout from any strategic "gotcha" questioning by pushing false testimony and conspiracy theories will even erode his support among his base. Republican infighting between the 22 senators up for re-election being bombarded by people in their states wanting equal justice for all people, and a resolute decision showing no one is above the law, they will be forced to do some real soul searching. The precedent that this will create will eliminate any semblance of independence of elections from outside interference.
    Remember McConnell is talking about trying to not just dismiss the case, he is wanting to acquit it. Basically trying to pass the buck and let Trump off the hook without setting a precedence that can be used against them later.

He has also admitted on TV that he is in direct coordination with the white house to try and reach the verdict they want and they are even talking about having no witnesses at all so they can ignore it all.

All this why he is blocking support for bills to protect the election and getting paid by Russia in both a million donation to his PAC and 200 million in investments to his state plus Trumps personal bribe to him with his wife being made Secretary of Transportation.

They might be banking on outside help to win with how they are playing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAnonymous View Post
    Remember McConnell is talking about trying to not just dismiss the case, he is wanting to acquit it. Basically trying to pass the buck and let Trump off the hook without setting a precedence that can be used against them later.

He has also admitted on TV that he is in direct coordination with the white house to try and reach the verdict they want and they are even talking about having no witnesses at all so they can ignore it all.

All this why he is blocking support for bills to protect the election and getting paid by Russia in both a million donation to his PAC and 200 million in investments to his state plus Trumps personal bribe to him with his wife being made Secretary of Transportation.

They might be banking on outside help to win with how they are playing it.
    Then the majority of people have no other constitutional recourse for this. I don't see how republicans cannot come out looking prepared for the 2020 elections after this. Internal polling has already decimated the ranks of republicans in the house not running in 2020, so the 22 republicans also must be sweating bullets knowing that their gains are within the margin of error.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Then the majority of people have no other constitutional recourse for this. I don't see how republicans cannot come out looking prepared for the 2020 elections after this. Internal polling has already decimated the ranks of republicans in the house not running in 2020, so the 22 republicans also must be sweating bullets knowing that their gains are within the margin of error.
    Remember all they did during the 2018 to prevent even more losses. They might actually be prepared. Just not to win the elections but to steal them between election rigging on their part on more from Russia.

Still wondering why aid was withheld from Lebanon till caught, what were they trying to get out of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am not apologizing... I am trying to point out the reality... which means you need to take that reality into consideration when trying to act... otherwise you just further reinforce the reality we find ourselves in.
    God, for as much as you harp on the left for not understanding the alternate realities of the right wing delusional sphere, for you to just come out and argue about "realities" is just so fucking ironic. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad how obviously biased you are against the left. You scream for them to understand and accept the reality of the right while you yourself give no leeway for opinions of the left, factual or not.

I knew you were a bad faith poster who just used philosophical sophistry to hide shitposting behind a thin veneer of posturing, but this thread has proven to me beyond all doubt that not only do you personally not practice what you preach, you actively and consciously tell others to not do exactly what you are doing, because it's perfectly fine for you to do it but not for others.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    That's nice... then put me on ignore.

I am not here for you... I am here for normal people that are reading this, but may not be posting who have not been regicalized yet by people like you or Skroe.
    Separation of powers is failing, and anything less than an impartial trial and removal will be the death knell for the constitution. The precedent set will only mean foreign interference in US elections will be commonplace, making the electorate even more apathetic.

They want to take my funs away so they can all go fuck themselves. I'll take 5 more citizens uniteds over more gun control

They want to take my funs away so they can all go fuck themselves. I'll take 5 more citizens uniteds over more gun control
    How about stripping your kids right to due process under the law? Because Gorsuch did that as one of his first cases.

Good chance you kid gets hurt on the job, he will have an even harder time getting workers comp or medical aid than a veteran fighting the VA within a few years.

So, you want more bribery and corruption in government because you're afraid of imaginary nonsense?

Wonderful. Let me know when you decide to live in reality again.

15+ Year Old Account

I am not here for you... I am hear for normal people that are reading this, but may not be posting who have not been regicalized yet by people like you or Skroe.
    As the master of the faith of moral relativism, it's funny how you don't even see yourself as morally or politically radicalized. You may not take the side of Republicans or Democrats, but you in your own way have a very radical opinion. You're not here for anyone else. You're here as the preacher sitting on a soap box on the street corner, screaming the "truths" to those darn radicals. You hold yourself in such high esteem not even realizing you're looking down your nose at people, while you yourself berate people for doing what you perceive as looking down on others, including your numerous speeches about how Democrats view the people of the earth.

You very unironically preach one thing and then practice the exact opposite sentiment. And I reiterate, you are not here for anyone except your own self righteousness, a concept that you look down upon others for having. Yet you are so radicalized that you can't even see your own actions in the mirror for what they are.\

You are the very thing you speak out against. Jung's ideas of projection are in full swing. The very flaws you berate others for having, you only berate them because they subconsciously exist within your own psyche.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2019-12-13 at 10:17 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

surprisingly they haven't yet gone after him for colluding with the reptilians that live at Antarctica.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

5+ Year Old Account

I am not here for you... I am here for normal people that are reading this, but may not be posting who have not been regicalized yet by people like you or Skroe.
    “Normal” people. You just remind me of my people like my cousin and the “new age” bullshit walking around like they are ascended beings or god like beings stuck in human bodies. As if they truly didn’t have the same physical and mental limits as “normal” people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    As the master of the faith of moral relativism, it's funny how you don't even see yourself as morally or politically radicalized. You may not take the side of Republicans or Democrats, but you in your own way have a very radical opinion. You're not here for anyone else. You're here as the preacher sitting on a soap box on the street corner, screaming the "truths" to those darn radicals. You hold yourself in such high esteem not even realizing you're looking down your nose at people, while you yourself berate people for doing what you perceive as looking down on others, including your numerous speeches about how Democrats view the people of the earth.

You very unironically preach one thing and then practice the exact opposite sentiment. And I reiterate, you are not here for anyone except your own self righteousness, a concept that you look down upon others for having. Yet you are so radicalized that you can't even see your own actions in the mirror for what they are.\

You are the very thing you speak out against. Jung's ideas of projection are in full swing. The very flaws you berate others for having, you only berate them because they subconsciously exist within your own psyche.
    It's a particular irony... one of the things that attracted me to conservatism as a teenager was moral absolutism in contrast to the moral relativism of the left, and yet here we are 20 years later (I'm 36) and the Trumphadis have entirely embraced moral relativism and it's Democrats who are standing firmly and declaring "this is wrong".

A lot of people on the right sold their principles for relevance. A cornerstone of conservatism is that one of the purposes of the state is to manage a society built upon a foundation of explicit and immutable morals. In Trump, we've seen nothing but the decadence and depravity of people who preached that for years or decades, and then when Trump came around, decided he was a latter day Cyrus and started creating exceptions as to why he was, to put it poetically, a "Good Sinner".

For my part my conviction in the existence of right and wrong, good and evil hasn't fundamentally changed. What's changed a great deal is that some people who ostensibly believed in that have long since abandoned it because they decided they liked money, they liked television and they liked power.