Page 1 of 32
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Flying ruined warmode

    Warmode used to be so active in BFA with skirmishes and group wars taking place everywhere, but then it all disappeared the day flying came out. Why? Because all players now just zoom around in invincible mode in the sky from point A to point B and only land for objectives before taking off again. This really destroys the essence of world PvP in warmode. I guess pleasing the farmers who see the world as an obstacle they'd rather bypass to get their WQ chores done asap is worth destroying the immersion and joy of world PvP? I'm not sure. Also I had so much fun with the non-stop world PvP during the first month of Classic. That wouldn't be possible with flying. I really wish they would just remove flying from warmode.
    Last edited by Vinzora; 2019-12-13 at 04:46 PM.

  2. #2
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Warmode used to be so active in BFA with skirmishes and group wars taking place everywhere, but then it all disappeared the day flying came out. Why? Because all players now just zoom around in invincible mode in the sky from point A to point B and only land for objectives before taking off again. This really destroys the essence of world PvP in warmode. I guess pleasing the farmers who see the world as an obstacle they'd rather bypass to get their WQ chores done asap is worth destroying the immersion and joy of world PvP? I'm not sure. Also I had so much fun with the non-stop world PvP during the first month of Classic. That wouldn't be possible with flying. I really wish they would remove flying from warmode.
    Sounds like you have already figured out where you belong. Go there. Be happy.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  3. #3
    Flying was a mistake but now they cant remove it

  4. #4
    Had a whole year to enjoy War Mode without flying... next half will have it. Deal with the compromise, enjoy the earlier part of the expansion.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-12-13 at 04:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Sounds like you have already figured out where you belong. Go there. Be happy.
    I don't want to feel forced to play a 15 yr old game just to experience the true world PvP. Do you think flying in warmode increases or reduces world PvP?

  6. #6
    They should add war-er mode with flying disabled and twice the AP bonus. Surely adding more stupid incentives will make "WPvP" great again.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They should add war-er mode with flying disabled and twice the AP bonus. Surely adding more stupid incentives will make "WPvP" great again.
    I'd be happy with that solution as well.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    I don't want to feel forced to play a 15 yr old game just to experience the true world PvP. Do you think flying in warmode increases or reduces world PvP?
    Reduces, which is great seeing as "WPvP" is just another word for griefing and the majority of people asking for it are degenerates who should maybe try actual PvP games.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  9. #9
    High Overlord Stooned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Warmode used to be so active in BFA with skirmishes and group wars taking place everywhere, but then it all disappeared the day flying came out. Why? Because all players now just zoom around in invincible mode in the sky from point A to point B and only land for objectives before taking off again. This really destroys the essence of world PvP in warmode. I guess pleasing the farmers who see the world as an obstacle they'd rather bypass to get their WQ chores done asap is worth destroying the immersion and joy of world PvP? I'm not sure. Also I had so much fun with the non-stop world PvP during the first month of Classic. That wouldn't be possible with flying. I really wish they would just remove flying from warmode.
    There is no pleasing you people. If there is something remotely facile to complain about, sure enough, you will complain. Just do what you want to do - tailor your game play to your desires and needs.

    Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

  10. #10
    Okay, make people unable to fly when they have war mode enabled, then.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Stooned View Post
    There is no pleasing you people. If there is something remotely facile to complain about, sure enough, you will complain. Just do what you want to do - tailor your game play to your desires and needs.
    I agree with you that some people like to complain about minor issues, but flying in warmode isn't trivial. It completely changes the game. It seems counter-intuitive to have it in warmode because it reduces world PvP by at least 90%.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Reduces, which is great seeing as "WPvP" is just another word for griefing and the majority of people asking for it are degenerates who should maybe try actual PvP games.
    So you hate world PvP, that's fine. There's a solution Blizzard implemented called turning warmode off.

  12. #12
    You can't fly while engaged in PvP, you can't fly if you're marked as an assassin on the map. PvP is fine with war mode the way it is now. But as many others have already stated, it doesn't matter how good or bad this game is. Someone, you, others, will complain about some aspect of it. There are no pleasing people who feel entitled to more. Grow up, the world isn't fair. Life isn't fair, video games aren't fair. Stop crying. Get over it.

  13. #13
    I disagree, War Mode is still working as intended and those who choose to participate in world-pvp can still do so if they like to.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    I agree with you that some people like to complain about minor issues, but flying in warmode isn't trivial. It completely changes the game. It seems counter-intuitive to have it in warmode because it reduces world PvP by at least 90%.



    So you hate world PvP, that's fine. There's a solution Blizzard implemented called turning warmode off.
    Maybe, just maybe, there's not as many people that actually want "WPvP" as you think. The reason they put incentives for turning on WM(which is why I have it on, and have had it on all expansion) is so there's enough "victims" for degenerates to prey on and feel powerful for beating. Turning off WM is not an actual option as long as it (substantially) increases rewards that are entirely unrelated to WM/"WPvP". Without the incentives you'd be crying that WM is dead because basically nobody would turn it on.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You can't fly while engaged in PvP, you can't fly if you're marked as an assassin on the map. PvP is fine with war mode the way it is now. But as many others have already stated, it doesn't matter how good or bad this game is. Someone, you, others, will complain about some aspect of it. There are no pleasing people who feel entitled to more. Grow up, the world isn't fair. Life isn't fair, video games aren't fair. Stop crying. Get over it.
    As soon as someone leaves combat they mount in one second and boom they're in invincible mode zooming across the map at warp speed. It's simply too much of a god-mode escape button since you can't hunt them down. Also most world PvP occurs when at least one side is traveling and randomly encounters an enemy, which is negated by flying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, there's not as many people that actually want "WPvP" as you think.
    That must be why Classic PvP servers are filled to the brim, because everyone hates world PvP.

  16. #16
    Immortal Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    7,653
    If you're so worried about ganking people then pick a hot spot and play a Rogue or Druid and stealth around.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  17. #17
    Warmode is garbage anyways and they should have never incentivized it. Let the pathetically small amount of people who enjoy it for what it is come to terms with the fact that only like 5 other people would normally play with it on.

    Warmode wasn't ruined by flying. It was ruined by giving rewards, which made people who otherwise wouldn't play with it on, play with it on simply because of the reward, which means they don't actually want to wpvp. Just give it up. Wpvp is unpopular. Just leave it at that and move on with life.

  18. #18
    Dismounting someone from their flying mount and watching them fall to their death brought me more joy than pre flying warmode.

  19. #19
    lets see... everyone with the achievement has flying and uses it... people who don't have the achievement are undoubtedly working towards it either actively or passively to achieve flight in BFA. What's the tiny percentage of people with WM on? Your suggestion is to remove flight from the tens of thousands of players so that the people who play with warmode can have more active PVP?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Warmode is garbage anyways and they should have never incentivized it. Let the pathetically small amount of people who enjoy it for what it is come to terms with the fact that only like 5 other people would normally play with it on.

    Warmode wasn't ruined by flying. It was ruined by giving rewards, which made people who otherwise wouldn't play with it on, play with it on simply because of the reward, which means they don't actually want to wpvp. Just give it up. Wpvp is unpopular. Just leave it at that and move on with life.
    Warmode was great during the first half of the expansion, so that counters your argument. The only difference was no flying, so it clearly has a big impact on world PvP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •