Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    People want the rewards...
    I want the rewards and the fun pvp. I was doing an Azerite collection quest on my shaman and these two hero paladins would wait til i pulled an elite, pop everything and destroy me, and then emote on me.

That's not fun pvp. That's being an ass for the sake of being an ass. So i waited til they finished, finished the quest myself and went on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Allinna View Post
    I want the rewards and the fun pvp. I was doing an Azerite collection quest on my shaman and these two hero paladins would wait til i pulled an elite, pop everything and destroy me, and then emote on me.
    That's not fun pvp. That's being an ass for the sake of being an ass. So i waited til they finished, finished the quest myself and went on my way.
    That was not fun for you, but fun for them. Deal with it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    That was not fun for you, but fun for them. Deal with it.
    Did you not read to the end? I did. They had their fun and left, and i finished the quest.

Tah-dah!

Did you not read to the end? I did. They had their fun and left, and i finished the quest.
    ... and complain after on forums

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I have said before.. Flying did not kill warmode, that fault lies squarely with the player it is their choice whether they want to pvp or not.. And the thinking that removing flying from warmode will solve the problem is just wishful thinking..

One just has to look at the furor that was kicked up during Warlords of Draenor, and you can see that removing it from warmode would not go down well.. And in all likelihood make those who would use warmode, flock to pve mode instead..

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They need to create PvP events in all areas. Nazjatar PvP is doing pretty well because it has the battle event, the supplies, the dailies, the commendation rewards. The other regions should have similar approach.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Absolutely wrong & outrageous statement. Since WoD, wpvp dies as soon as flying is enabled. Just because you don't participate in Wpvp, doesn't mean it's dead. I was having fun murdering horde everywhere until flying was enabled, you rarely find someone on the road (considering the road now is the sky)
    Sigh, as I said before flying did not kill wpvp, that fault lies squarely with the player/participant it is entirely up to them.. Or you one of those types that blames all the problems on everything else but the player/participants..

And I find your part about since Warlords of Draenor funny, because flying has been around since The Burning Crusade.. So you had The Burning Crusade, Wrath of The Lich King, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria all with flying.. But for some reason now in Battle for Azeroth flying is a problem? Yeah that tells me that the problem is not flying in and of itself, more that the interest is waning..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    ... and complain after on forums
    I didn't complain. I added something on to what Kithelle was saying about rewards. But yeah, you got me, super sleuth!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    They need to create PvP events in all areas. Nazjatar PvP is doing pretty well because it has the battle event, the supplies, the dailies, the commendation rewards. The other regions should have similar approach.
    And that is the thing having areas like that will help.. Hell some of the best times were had in Wrath with Wintergrasp, fighting to gain access to the Vault of Archavon raid.. And in Cataclysm having Tol Barad and fighting to gain access to the Baradin Hold raid..

Have something like that again and peoples interest might pick back up..

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And that is the thing having areas like that will help.. Hell some of the best times were had in Wrath with Wintergrasp, fighting to gain access to the Vault of Archavon raid.. And in Cataclysm having Tol Barad and fighting to gain access to the Baradin Hold raid..

Have something like that again and peoples interest might pick back up..
    Yeah. Having rewards (raids, mounts, essences) gated behind world PvP participation plays a big role. I started using WM cause I wanted the Nazjatar commendation mount and essence, but now I only take it off in Mechagon when I want to camp Harvester. If there wasn't something to make me want to use WM actively I wouldn't have bothered.

10+ Year Old Account

That is why I don't like world PvP and I wont risk for the rewards...in the end it more like gank or be ganked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    Wait, how exactly did flying ruin warmode?

https://www.wowhead.com/item=163604/net-o-matic-5000

Been there for the whole expansion.
    Because this thread is clueless scrubs who aren't pvpers and probably don't even collect their weekly conquest chest.

I already mentioned it but you went a step further and linked it so I'll quote you to keep it in the open <3

That is why I don't like world PvP and I wont risk for the rewards...in the end it more like gank or be ganked.
    No shit, you don't /bow to your enemy before respectfully dueling, you just fucking attack them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Yeah. Having rewards (raids, mounts, essences) gated behind world PvP participation plays a big role. I started using WM cause I wanted the Nazjatar commendation mount and essence, but now I only take it off in Mechagon when I want to camp Harvester. If there wasn't something to make me want to use WM actively I wouldn't have bothered.
    As I see it now that would be the only way, it had worked in the past with Wintergrasp and Tol Barad.. Not sure why they went away from that mode of enticement, can only gather it was those that didn't like pvping.. Although once the zone was won, the winning faction had that zone for a set period of time before the battle would recommence..

7+ Year Old Account
    Forcing pvp for pve bonuses is bullshit anyway, world pvp is only for people that want an unbalanced advantage otherwise they would just content with bgs and arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Flying was a mistake but now they cant remove it
    Correct.

If Skyrim had a “flying mode” (without mods) the game would be not be as good as it is. The same would apply to WoW, but at the time, flying was simply expansion fodder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Because this thread is clueless scrubs who aren't pvpers and probably don't even collect their weekly conquest chest.

I already mentioned it but you went a step further and linked it so I'll quote you to keep it in the open <3

No shit, you don't /bow to your enemy before respectfully dueling, you just fucking attack them.
    By ganking I mean being attack by someone...and their friend...and another friend...and maybe even another friend or two. If I wanted to be jumped by 5 people all alone I could just queue up for a AB and try and cap flags alone, at least that wont prevent me from questing because a group of people find it funny to grief me.

10+ Year Old Account
    By ganking I mean being attack by someone...and their friend...and another friend...and maybe even another friend or two. If I wanted to be jumped by 5 people all alone I could just queue up for a AB and try and cap flags alone, at least that wont prevent me from questing because a group of people find it funny to grief me.
    Always been like that but current wpvp quests literally encourage ganking, you need to attack your enemy to get credit as far as I know.

I swapped to horde so I don't get tortured by wpvp anymore, if you get attacked or attack anything you usually have fellow horde with ya and if not you just advertise in /1 and make a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Try to look at it from the perspective of people who does wpvp instead of saying “wpvp is dead”.
    Just because you say that doesn’t mean it’s right.
    What if we apply the same logic because some people like to raid but don't like to level up and doing quests.
    Is that a valid arugment for removing the leveling and questing part of the game?

But I think adding the option to do world pvp without flying with higher reward may be a good idea.
    Then the people can decide if the like world pvp on the ground or flying around.
    But world pvp may be dead if nobody activates this part .

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Correct.

If Skyrim had a “flying mode” (without mods) the game would be not be as good as it is.
    You just don't know that. It may be a differnt game we simple don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    The same would apply to WoW, but at the time, flying was simply expansion fodder.
    The same would apply to WoW: it would be a different game and we simple don't know what would have happened them.
    For a lot of people (maybe much more) flying was a gread feeling and a next level of envolving the game

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    What does that tired-ass meme got to do with people disliking an aspect of a game...?
    "Tired-ass" or not, it is still a very accurate description of the behavior. It all boils down to the attitude of "Well Blizzard gets $15-20 per month from me so what I say goes!" and so forth. Pair that with the inability to ever satisfy these people. If you fix one problem they bitch about the next thing. And then the next. And round and round and round we go. You can reduce it down to one word: Entitlement.

On this specific issue, back when there were designated PvP servers, there was never a loud cry for flight to be completely disabled on those servers. The real issue that they were legitimately having was the huge faction imbalances that developed on servers. Blizzard did the best they could by offering free transfers, but really how do you incentivize moving from a server where one's side is dominating to one where it may get its ass handed to them? Blizzard obviously was not going to force people to move.

So War Mode was a serious attempt to address is systemically. Now all of a sudden flight is an issue in PvP? After almost thirteen years of it not.

People used warmode as their timewaster since they already had to go from place to place on the ground. Now they can fly and do the things they want to do faster and don't want to bother with pvp. I am just surprised people actually still leave on warmode (except maybe bonus xp?).

Will say, didn't dive into it and kind of expected warmode to disable flying, at least that made sense to me, guess not.

I played pvp server first 2 months of vanilla, since then moving to pve server, never again will I touch world pvp. It's not for me.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.