Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Actually, this is what should be done. Disable flight in warmode, and remove the extra gold/resources, replacing it with PvP currency.

    Presto, only the guys who actually enjoy griefing world PvP will be activating warmode, and they will have their fun without screwing the rest of the players in the process.
    I'm down but when it lasts two weeks and they all come back complaining about how there's no one to kill because 10 Horde and 0 Alliance are running around in WM, we all need to agree to point, laugh, and ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

  2. #402
    After experiencing the real wpvp in classic for the past month, i can say that wpvp is cancer and am glad we can fly in retail to get away from that hell. But, being honest, on the first months in retail wpvp was fine and the rewards from doing it were somewhat ok.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    That doesn't diminish the people who genuinly want to pvp like me. I used spend 2-4 hours a day pvping outdoor until blizzard unlocked flying in BFA. Same thing with Legion & WoD. Wpvp gets instantly killed when Pathfinder part 2 release.
    You guys gotta stop this bullshit claim. The game was pretty much dead (dying) by pathfinder 2. Once you are unlocked flying you have essences there is no reason to really tool around in any zone anymore. Literally going through naz to access eternal palace or mechagon for the dungeon is like the only reason for tons of people. Not one of you super ass hurt wpvp babies that is crying about flying legitimizes classic coming out as a big reason for drop in population. You find one element (flying) and blame it blindly. Next thing you know, flying is gonna be guilty of why Rng sucks in this game at your rate. Grow up and get real

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Warmode was great during the first half of the expansion, so that counters your argument. The only difference was no flying, so it clearly has a big impact on world PvP.
    Warmode was shit at launch, it was just a bunch of people grouped up killing people who were questing with the incentives from warmode. I rarely saw actual battles happen, only griefing.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Warmode was great during the first half of the expansion, so that counters your argument. The only difference was no flying, so it clearly has a big impact on world PvP.
    Your data is flawed. People are not playing as much now as they were at the beginning of the expansion. This is the biggest difference. Flying may have changed a few numbers but I doubt it's had that large an impact... we are just in the lackluster end part of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

  6. #406
    You world pvp nuts should be grateful pathfinder exists at all. Without it, blizzard's enforced "participation" in world activities there would be even fewer people out in the world for you to gank.

    World play drops off when the tedious task of pathfinder is done, ergo all types of activity drop including wpvp. Without flying to induce people the drop off would happen much faster and close to the point where people hit max level and were done with outdoor content.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Your data is flawed. People are not playing as much now as they were at the beginning of the expansion. This is the biggest difference. Flying may have changed a few numbers but I doubt it's had that large an impact... we are just in the lackluster end part of the expansion.
    Someone who understands population! Thank god! According to these wpvp folks, flying killed wpvp. I guess it also had to kill pugging raids by that logic, cause it takes 10 times longer now to find/make a group for raid. It clearly doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that there are literally a fraction of the people on that there were at launch

  8. #408
    I always find it funny how the people who complain about flying and how it "killed wpvp" are basically just mad that someone got away.

    Like yeah, that's one of the negatives of being an avid pvper on a pvp server, is that sometimes you won't be able to attack someone. I believe the appropriate response here would be "PvP didn't happen on a pvp server" and/or "GET GUD."

    Seriously, just because someone rolled on a pvp server doesn't mean they HAVE to pvp. Sometimes they don't want to (and as much as people want to complain that this is an absolute unforgivable outrage) and it's perfectly acceptable.

    You keep bringing up classic wow pvp servers yet don't seem to recall the flood of people complaining about them just a week or so ago. The flight path ganking / death squad and/or raids camping important areas was rampant and people got frustrated. You don't think that has something to do with it?

  9. #409
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    It seems that you're too dense to understand that if warmode offered no bonus then those players would be at a competitive disadvantage compared to those with warmode off? When we had pvp servers the difference was we weren't forced to compete with pve server players.
    Have you even bothered reaching out to Blizzard with your super fantastic 'magical' idea? Why is it necessary to pay players to participate in warmode if its so 'magical'?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    I don't want to feel forced to play a 15 yr old game just to experience the true world PvP. Do you think flying in warmode increases or reduces world PvP?
    Perhaps you should consider trying to become a better person if you're sad you can no longer harass people as easily in an MMORPG.

    Perhaps go to the local mall and trip kids who are shopping? Or smack food out of the hands of people at the food court?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's not WPVP. That's just a large BG with quests. AV/WG/Ashran all had PVE type quests within them. But the second populations are equalized, queues are established, and it gets separated off into an instance/locked phase.....it stops being WPVP and becomes a BG. Which is where PVP belongs in WoW.
    Dats it! That is the only way world pvp can ever work.

  12. #412
    Pandaren Monk bryroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,923
    "Flying killed WPVP! That thing that Blizzards keeps having to tack extra rewards onto to get people to participate! Please remove flying so less people will WPVP! That's sure to save it!"

  13. #413
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    How do I manage to finish AOO in like 20-30 mins then? If wPvp is entirely dead and buried I shouldnt be able to get a kill on average once a minute.
    Same. And my playtime is usually around 3-5 am. I have no problems getting my kills in.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dats it! That is the only way world pvp can ever work.
    If we take the BG zone size up to a level where it starts to emulate that open world feeling, it runs into the same problem as we see in games like GW2 or ESO. Population imbalance starts to becomes a real problem. Long-term objectives to take and hold suffer from time-zone differences, where the USA will capture objectives during part of the day, but the EU or Oceanic players roll in and re-capture them during off-hours.

    Open world PVP really needs the entire game designed around it in order to function with any kind of success. WoW is primarily a PVE game for its open world, with crossover of additional PVE balancing for raids and dungeons. On the other hand, Arena and RBGs have a decent level of competitive PVP action, with some abilities working slightly different there for balance and fairness. But those game modes work because they're small-scale, and relatively small instances of their own, separate from the open world.

    This is the dynamic I think Blizzard should be aiming for. By all means leave war mode in the game, but stop trying to incentivize it with PVE bonuses when there is nothing else to support it. Let the idiots who want to engage in the ganking circle-jerk do that if they want. But stop creating a feeling of being "Forced" to engage in PVP in order to maximize PVE benefits or rewards.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    If we take the BG zone size up to a level where it starts to emulate that open world feeling, it runs into the same problem as we see in games like GW2 or ESO. Population imbalance starts to becomes a real problem. Long-term objectives to take and hold suffer from time-zone differences, where the USA will capture objectives during part of the day, but the EU or Oceanic players roll in and re-capture them during off-hours.
    No, no long term objectives, just a quick skirmish that restarts itself after a couple minutes.

  16. #416
    Dreadlord Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    956

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Open world PVP really needs the entire game designed
    Then it will no longer be a wPvP, but an organized targeted activity... oh God, I don’t. even... re-write. everything. again *"facepalm"-ing and dejected head shaking*... there are already links here, more specifically - these two <1> <2> are quite enough.

    Game open world don't need any additional settings/modes/scalings/balancing/other heresies, for this... all that needed, as was said before during our (literally ours!) previous conversation, is to follow integrity of game design, and not supply it with unnecessary "dividing" bells and whistles. And what are they doing? completely the opposite, and you continue to assimilate to them. No, no, no - there were PvP servers which was last line of separation choice, design of which didn't have any “separate” elements, except freedom of choice - which was organizational part, not design difference, design remained solid.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-12-17 at 08:44 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    I always find it funny how the people who complain about flying and how it "killed wpvp" are basically just mad that someone got away.

    Like yeah, that's one of the negatives of being an avid pvper on a pvp server, is that sometimes you won't be able to attack someone. I believe the appropriate response here would be "PvP didn't happen on a pvp server" and/or "GET GUD."

    Seriously, just because someone rolled on a pvp server doesn't mean they HAVE to pvp. Sometimes they don't want to (and as much as people want to complain that this is an absolute unforgivable outrage) and it's perfectly acceptable.

    You keep bringing up classic wow pvp servers yet don't seem to recall the flood of people complaining about them just a week or so ago. The flight path ganking / death squad and/or raids camping important areas was rampant and people got frustrated. You don't think that has something to do with it?
    I don't even get how someone gets away with a flying mount when you can net them. Shaman with the deepcoral buff are far harder to catch than simply someone with a flying mount. Heck even paladins don't get away if you throw a banana at them.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, no long term objectives, just a quick skirmish that restarts itself after a couple minutes.
    What's the point of fighting over a WPVP objective if it has no impact after a couple minutes?

  19. #419
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Okay, make people unable to fly when they have war mode enabled, then.
    Been suggested by a lot of people ever since the concept of war mode was introduced. Blizzard however did the Blizzard thing of course.

  20. #420
    World PVP was never great. Check classic forum about wpvp >< Best PvP content are arenas and prepade BG good wpvp is just in ur minds and nostalgic twisted memories. Deal with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •