Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    WPVP lol you mean Hordemode right?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Absolutely wrong & outrageous statement. Since WoD, wpvp dies as soon as flying is enabled. Just because you don't participate in Wpvp, doesn't mean it's dead. I was having fun murdering horde everywhere until flying was enabled, you rarely find someone on the road (considering the road now is the sky)
    Hate to break it to you, but World PvP has been dead since January of 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    It happened again. This is NOT ok. So I went to Nazjatar looking for some true world PvP but every single player tries to get out of range just long enough to mount up and then it's game over. Such bs. Ruins the game for me. Nazjatar would be such an amazing world PvP zone without flying.

Why don't you git good and don't let people run away from you? As a DH this shouldn't be hard.
    But I guess you need easy targets, that's why you wine here about flying

The problem is that world pvpers who hate flying still feel the need to unlock pathfinder just to compete in warmode because it's so imbalanced. If flying were simply disabled in warmode most world pvpers wouldn't even bother with the pathfinder grind.
    No. The problem is Warmode is not viable on it's own. You want no flying in the warmode? - ok. But then all PvE related rewards should also be removed from it. That way people who are not interested in PvP won't turn it on ever.
    But sad truth for you in this is that you won't have enough victims to prey on.

Quote Originally Posted by StPaul View Post

No. The problem is Warmode is not viable on it's own. You want no flying in the warmode? - ok. But then all PvE related rewards should also be removed from it. That way people who are not interested in PvP won't turn it on ever.
    But sad truth for you in this is that you won't have enough victims to prey on.
    I would agree with this statement if those of us with warmode on don't have to compete with PVE players via AH, battlegrounds, arena, mythic+ etc.

Using your argument gear should be removed from raiding cause the kill should be the reward.
    False dichotomy. Wpvp is a supplemental activity, not a main one. WM should have been left as pvp/pve servers. Did pvp server players get bonuses? No? Oh right, and that's why they were getting increasingly fucked up. Because the natural attraction wasn't there.

- - - Updated - - -

I would agree with this statement if those of us with warmode on don't have to compete with PVE players via AH, battlegrounds, arena, mythic+ etc.
    funny thing: all of those things are actual activities that the game focuses on (well.. save AH) as PLANNED challenges. Warmode is not the same type of activity. You're trying to turn a secondary incidental activity into something similar to a queued/planned activity which are all stand-alone things.

There are two types of things: Overworld (dumb shit you do roaming out in the open world, my least favorite part of the game and the most boring part because it's designed for monkeys) and ACTUAL activities. Anything instanced is where the best rewards come from. Anything overworld is something designed for monkeys with no friends and/or no skills. Sprinkling in the completely unplanned and incidental occurrences of a few ganks doesn't suddenly make it equivalent to an instanced activity. This is why they should have left them as server types instead, because pvp server people didn't get a hard benefit and never thought they deserved one.

Literally has to be trolling.

No way someone is this dense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

Wpvp has always been problematic especially in Classic with the major impact of gear.
    But usually it is a group of people either Horde or Alliance roaming a zone and killing everyone until the opposition forms a raid to kill them. I also did this to finish AOO with a group of friends and it was kind of fun for a time. But I've also been on the receiving end of this and it was not fun at all.

Only on very few occasions there were actual skirmishes between opposing groups of similar strenght that was fun for both sides.

People that want wpvp usually just want to gank lowbies and alts and not real challenge.

So you turn WM off and have all the same abilities to compete in mentioned activities.
    And when you want enjoy your side activity you opt to do just that, just like other people do side activities they enjoy: pet battles, collecting toys, transmog, chasing rare spawns or knocking off achievements.
    The problem is in your head not in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Redhell View Post
    Literally has to be trolling.

No way someone is this dense.
    It seems that you're too dense to understand that if warmode offered no bonus then those players would be at a competitive disadvantage compared to those with warmode off? When we had pvp servers the difference was we weren't forced to compete with pve server players.

It seems that you're too dense to understand that if warmode offered no bonus then those players would be at a competitive disadvantage compared to those with warmode off? When we had pvp servers the difference was we weren't forced to compete with pve server players.
    You compared WM to M+, BGs, and the fkin AH. I'm thoroughly convinced you're trolling because the thought of someone being that immensely stupid is just too much for me to accept.

I'm not even certain you understand what you just said.

The negative effects flying has had on the game could spark an incredibly productive thread full of discussion and solutions, but the only people who ever make the threads tend to be idiots who complain about wPvP as if it's a part of the game that the devs or community for that matter really care about.

I'll tell you the same thing I told the other brainlet, you're part of a small minority, and you really should just accept the fact that things will probably never change especially when people like you are leading the charge.
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RWQ View Post
    Should they making flying peace mode only, making even fewer people bother with war mode?
    Actually, this is what should be done. Disable flight in warmode, and remove the extra gold/resources, replacing it with PvP currency.

Presto, only the guys who actually enjoy griefing world PvP will be activating warmode, and they will have their fun without screwing the rest of the players in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Actually, this is what should be done. Disable flight in warmode, and remove the extra gold/resources, replacing it with PvP currency.

Presto, only the guys who actually enjoy griefing world PvP will be activating warmode, and they will have their fun without screwing the rest of the players in the process.
    I'm down but when it lasts two weeks and they all come back complaining about how there's no one to kill because 10 Horde and 0 Alliance are running around in WM, we all need to agree to point, laugh, and ignore.

After experiencing the real wpvp in classic for the past month, i can say that wpvp is cancer and am glad we can fly in retail to get away from that hell. But, being honest, on the first months in retail wpvp was fine and the rewards from doing it were somewhat ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    That doesn't diminish the people who genuinly want to pvp like me. I used spend 2-4 hours a day pvping outdoor until blizzard unlocked flying in BFA. Same thing with Legion & WoD. Wpvp gets instantly killed when Pathfinder part 2 release.
    You guys gotta stop this bullshit claim. The game was pretty much dead (dying) by pathfinder 2. Once you are unlocked flying you have essences there is no reason to really tool around in any zone anymore. Literally going through naz to access eternal palace or mechagon for the dungeon is like the only reason for tons of people. Not one of you super ass hurt wpvp babies that is crying about flying legitimizes classic coming out as a big reason for drop in population. You find one element (flying) and blame it blindly. Next thing you know, flying is gonna be guilty of why Rng sucks in this game at your rate. Grow up and get real

Warmode was great during the first half of the expansion, so that counters your argument. The only difference was no flying, so it clearly has a big impact on world PvP.
    Warmode was shit at launch, it was just a bunch of people grouped up killing people who were questing with the incentives from warmode. I rarely saw actual battles happen, only griefing.

Warmode was great during the first half of the expansion, so that counters your argument. The only difference was no flying, so it clearly has a big impact on world PvP.
    Your data is flawed. People are not playing as much now as they were at the beginning of the expansion. This is the biggest difference. Flying may have changed a few numbers but I doubt it's had that large an impact... we are just in the lackluster end part of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

You world pvp nuts should be grateful pathfinder exists at all. Without it, blizzard's enforced "participation" in world activities there would be even fewer people out in the world for you to gank.

World play drops off when the tedious task of pathfinder is done, ergo all types of activity drop including wpvp. Without flying to induce people the drop off would happen much faster and close to the point where people hit max level and were done with outdoor content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Your data is flawed. People are not playing as much now as they were at the beginning of the expansion. This is the biggest difference. Flying may have changed a few numbers but I doubt it's had that large an impact... we are just in the lackluster end part of the expansion.
    Someone who understands population! Thank god! According to these wpvp folks, flying killed wpvp. I guess it also had to kill pugging raids by that logic, cause it takes 10 times longer now to find/make a group for raid. It clearly doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that there are literally a fraction of the people on that there were at launch

I always find it funny how the people who complain about flying and how it "killed wpvp" are basically just mad that someone got away.

Like yeah, that's one of the negatives of being an avid pvper on a pvp server, is that sometimes you won't be able to attack someone. I believe the appropriate response here would be "PvP didn't happen on a pvp server" and/or "GET GUD."

Seriously, just because someone rolled on a pvp server doesn't mean they HAVE to pvp. Sometimes they don't want to (and as much as people want to complain that this is an absolute unforgivable outrage) and it's perfectly acceptable.

You keep bringing up classic wow pvp servers yet don't seem to recall the flood of people complaining about them just a week or so ago. The flight path ganking / death squad and/or raids camping important areas was rampant and people got frustrated. You don't think that has something to do with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you even bothered reaching out to Blizzard with your super fantastic 'magical' idea? Why is it necessary to pay players to participate in warmode if its so 'magical'?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.