Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Flying was a mistake but now they cant remove it
    The only mistake with flying is not having access to it since day one like the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryIndex View Post
    This whole thread can be summed up as "I'm mad because I can no longer jump people's leveling alts". World PvP is almost exclusively either killing lowbies, or coordinated groups roflstomping people questing. Real fascinating content there.
    If you leveled in STV during the first six weeks of Classic you'd know what the true world PvP is all about, also known as STVietnam. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. It's sad that we can't have that kind of pvp chaos in retail. If they add a non-flying warmode I'd also like them to increase the player density per shard so we can get that STV experience in retail. Also stop letting players turn off warmode in any rest area as soon as the tide turns against them, just in capital cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    The only mistake with flying is not having access to it since day one like the good old days.
    Another falsehood. The gold cost for epic flying in BC was so high that many players didn't even get it until near the end of the expansion, on just one character. If you want to replace pathfinder with gold purchase it's gonna cost at least 2 million per character.

Blizzard can't win because there are people that both agree and disagree with you. Yes, flying reduces world pvp. Is that bad? Not at all in my opinion. I both enjoy flying and hate wPvP.

It's really not fun constantly getting ganked when trying to level. If I feel like doing PvP, I'll join a bg or arena.

Like others have said, if you hate flying and love wpvp so much: play classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Apparently you still don't get it. The whole point of world PvP is that random fights aren't supposed to be optional. Everyone becomes prey that that can be hunted down at any moment. You can either be the wolf or the sheep. This randomness gives an adrenaline rush that you can't find in organized pvp. Flying takes that away. If I'm stalking my prey they damn well shouldn't be able to sit afk in their safe space in the sky.
    Apparently you still dont get it, there is nothing stopping you from mounting up and flying up there and knocking them off. Be the wolf you think you are.

- - - Updated - - -

If you leveled in STV during the first six weeks of Classic you'd know what the true world PvP is all about, also known as STVietnam. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. It's sad that we can't have that kind of pvp chaos in retail. If they add a non-flying warmode I'd also like them to increase the player density per shard so we can get that STV experience in retail. Also stop letting players turn off warmode in any rest area as soon as the tide turns against them, just in capital cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Another falsehood. The gold cost for epic flying in BC was so high that many players didn't even get it until near the end of the expansion, on just one character. If you want to replace pathfinder with gold purchase it's gonna cost at least 2 million per character.
    Goosebumps from a video game, are you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    Blizzard can't win because there are people that both agree and disagree with you. Yes, flying reduces world pvp. Is that bad? Not at all in my opinion. I both enjoy flying and hate wPvP.

It's really not fun constantly getting ganked when trying to level. If I feel like doing PvP, I'll join a bg or arena.

Like others have said, if you hate flying and love wpvp so much: play classic.
    oh no, dont you know he wont play a 15 year old game... that, and he's a DH..

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post

oh no, dont you know he wont play a 15 year old game... that, and he's a DH..
    Actually this "go play classic" meme is starting to sound like go sit at the back of the bus. Nobody should feel forced to play a 15-year old game, despite its wondrous qualities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually this "go play classic" meme is starting to sound like go sit at the back of the bus. Nobody should feel forced to play a 15-year old game, despite its wondrous qualities.
    So you'd rather force people to play with you, instead of actually going where you have all you want... Is that your testimony? You are whining about 'forced' yet you have ZERO problem trying to force everyone to play with you? Why is it you are single handedly trying to kill WPvp on retail?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-12-20 at 05:15 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You just compared flying in a fucking video game to Rosa Parks and the Civil Rights Movement. You have reached ultimate meme troll status. You have GOT to be kidding me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    fixed it to you
    No you are confusing Warmode with sharding, despite the contrary, these are totally separate mechanisms that can work without each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No you are confusing Warmode with sharding, despite the contrary, these are totally separate mechanisms that can work without each other.
    No, I don’t confuse anything with anything, shards are automatics, and not about that at all, although from the point of view of origin (ideologically not technically) these methods as a whole are kind of from same area, so... I have no idea where you got this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Oh yes you do, because warmode is nothing else than switching between PvP and PvE server with better WQ rewards. Also enabling you pvp talents in pve.

Purpose was just that, to remove artificial barrier and help people who were stuck on specific type of server because most of their friends were playing on type of server that did not align with their interests.

Because in long run, it doesn't make sense to segregate people by server.
    You aren't person with whom it's interesting to talk, you don't make any arguments or even logical points (I have nothing to cling to, except that you continue to not understand "difference (barrier was necessary due to various conditions for gameplay formation)" (but I have nothing more to add on this issue, especially to you). I have no any base, so reason, to even argue with you (semantically, I would call it rather "flood").

You're wrong, that's all.

ps. so answer will be same as yours here *shrugs* call me when you come up with something more interesting
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-12-20 at 08:39 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    No, I don’t confuse anything with anything, shards are automatics, and not about that at all, although from the point of view of origin (ideologically not technically) these methods as a whole kind of from same area, so... I have no idea where you got this.
    Oh yes you do, because warmode is nothing else than switching between PvP and PvE server with better WQ rewards. Also enabling you pvp talents in pve.

Purpose was just that, to remove artificial barrier and help people who were stuck on specific type of server because most of their friends were playing on type of server that did not align with their interests.

Because in long run, it doesn't make sense to segregate people by server.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Think real hard about what you just said. "Compensate for potential time loss due to encounter opposing faction players".

Isn't the entire point of PVP servers or War Mode to encounter opposing faction players and FIGHT them? How is it lost time if that's the whole reason for even being there?

Do you see? The entire premise of War Mode having a PVE reward incentive is jacked. Wrong. Bad. War Mode shouldn't have ANYTHING other than PVP rewards, if for some reason just being able to fight other players isn't the reward itself.
    I'm looking at this from a little bit different angle. IMO Warmode was designed for people who enjoy wPvP in one way or another. But the same people might also want to be competitive in PvE, so Blizzard tried to solve this the best possible way - provide a compensation for time lost compared to PvE. And I don't mind that initial 10% - since both PvP and PvE crowd ended up with pretty much the same results:time spent ratio.

Having everything else added on top of that just proves that WM is not viable

I said this in a earlier response to this thread... but when I turned on warmode, it was on my rogue to pick on low level players. That was it. Soon as I got any opposition, I turned it off and stealthed/flied away.

People complaining about how flying ruined world PvP simply means they can't gank people anymore.

No it wasn't lol

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm pretty sure that at least 1502 thread talked about how wpvp is dead since vanilla and introduction to bgs
    i never played pre-bg era, but 'wpvp is dead' is something i hear about since vanilla, literally, and each has his/her own view about how to fix it
    And I still hate current warmode, i prefer the older pvp vs pve servers, and i was on pvp server too

- - - Updated - - -

if only the best 3 exps in entire game didn't have flying from start unlocked, i wonder what does that mean (tbc/wrath/mop)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StPaul View Post
    I'm looking at this from a little bit different angle. IMO Warmode was designed for people who enjoy wPvP in one way or another. But the same people might also want to be competitive in PvE, so Blizzard tried to solve this the best possible way - provide a compensation for time lost compared to PvE. And I don't mind that initial 10% - since both PvP and PvE crowd ended up with pretty much the same results:time spent ratio.

Having everything else added on top of that just proves that WM is not viable
    they should remove any reward for turn pvp
    yeah the number of ppl who turn pvp on will drop, but that's the point, u should pvp for loving pvp, not for getting more gold and exp and rep
    and i'll admit i may turn it off on some alts, but overall since i love pvp i know i won't turn it off, even while lvling
    hence why i prefer the older pvp vs pve servers
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post

if only the best 3 exps in entire game didn't have flying from start unlocked, i wonder what does that mean (tbc/wrath/mop)
    Except they were as soon as you reached max level, or hit Storm peaks in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    how about ion hazzikostas ruined flying

10+ Year Old Account
    Just shut up and buy the net gun. Then have super fun shooting people down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Blizzbot detected.

Low post count, no actual backup argument or evidence provided. Blindly repeating something that's completely unfounded.
    but he is right, flying make u finish content faster
    hence why in older times they actually made more content instead of the smack-a-mole system we have now, wrath content is very diverse and unique, same for tbc ( I know a lot of experimentation in early days) and so in mop
    because the game was designed from start with flying
    now it is far cheaper to not allow flying and make smaller content, heck i remember in wod blizz said that they did NOT finish all game 3d models to be viewable from air hence why there was no fly from start (yes they said that, and the reaction was as u guess), they retracted it later, but it does give sense why flying was out only in last patch, let's make an unfinished product and ship it out and we can finish it later after idiots (well Bobby never said we are idiots, but he strongly hinted about it, that we gamers will pay anything for a game) already payed and fell in their trap
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Errr he said flying from the start. And cheap flying in tbc was slow as shit, slower than ground mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    -.- flying was available from day one, u only need to get gold + lvl for that said exp
    if u get to lvl 70 in day 1 and happen to also have gold, u'll fly in day one
    that what i meant that available from day 1, that it is up to u - player - to unlock it according to ur own progress speed, not timegated behind patched by blizzard
    and the more important point here the 3 best exps all had flying part of them, instead of the sh8t we have now
    Thrall