Thread: Searing Gorge

Question Searing Gorge

Should I even be in Searing Gorge (lvl 49 Orc Hunter)? I never made it there in Vanilla, BC or WotLK and finally found the "secret entrance." (I was a dumb kid lmao)

But I just did the first wave of quests and there's only one after I turned all of those in to 'collect some daggers.'

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im usually in SG around lvl 47-49

there are some quests in the north that dont show up unless you talk to the outhouse up there and so on

You might also consider Swamp of Sorrows

15+ Year Old Account
    Look for groups for ZF, quest in Feralas, then move to Blasted Lands from Swamp of Sorrows and do those quests right there when you first come in, to the right I think.

Then Searing Gorge, then Ungoro. Should be 52ish by the time you hit Ungoro, higher if you get into ZF groups a lot.

I usually don't need to go to Searing Gorge until 50-51 whereupon it's a pretty rapid few hours to clean up the zone of all the quests.

Of course the honor system landing slowed that down a bit but it was all good fun :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Im usually in SG around lvl 47-49

there are some quests in the north that dont show up unless you talk to the outhouse up there and so on

You might also consider Swamp of Sorrows
    Good to know! I'll check the outhouse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Look for groups for ZF, quest in Feralas, then move to Blasted Lands from Swamp of Sorrows and do those quests right there when you first come in, to the right I think.

Then Searing Gorge, then Ungoro. Should be 52ish by the time you hit Ungoro, higher if you get into ZF groups a lot.
    Awesome! Thank you for the advice, i'll look into getting into this rhythm!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I usually don't need to go to Searing Gorge until 50-51 whereupon it's a pretty rapid few hours to clean up the zone of all the quests.

Of course the honor system landing slowed that down a bit but it was all good fun :P
    That's why I was confused! I cleaned the area essentially in a few hours and I was disappointed because this place is 100% new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBangSmack View Post
    That's why I was confused! I cleaned the area essentially in a few hours and I was disappointed because this place is 100% new to me.
    Bulk of the XP there isn't so much from the quests as that they want you to kill 100+ mobs to get them finished. 20 GOlems, 20 Spiders, 20 Diametredons or w/e 30 Dark Iron Dwarves, another bunch by the outhouse, load of spiders for the legs etc. etc. SO probably "more value" to go at 48/49 than 51, I just don't find I've run out of things to do before I'm in my 50s and prefer it this way as the zone is often contested so I'd rather be at the PvE advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBangSmack View Post
    Good to know! I'll check the outhouse.

On the plus side once you hit 52 you can start focusing on dungeons for Pre-BIS gear

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    On the plus side once you hit 52 you can start focusing on dungeons for Pre-BIS gear
    That is a plus side! I'm getting close.