Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Blizzard cannot do anything right these days anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    that would mean toxic masculinity in our multicultural and elven horde would not? we can't afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    You revived a thread that has been dead for almost a year, for this? Seriously?
    If you had anything substantial to add to the discussion it would have been fine.
    It's your opinion that my post is not substantial. In my opinion it was substantial.

I mean age of sigmar would be a better fit

Warhammer fantasy has some good pieces of lore the orks is not one of them. Orcs have faced their own struggles, forged alliances, made a home etc

Warhammer orks are what happens when you flanderize an entire faction. Nothing going for them beside «We were created to fight chaos, but oh no! Now we have nothing else to fight so now we must fight each other/our creators»

Besides their lore characters exist in WoW anyway

Garrosh/grimgor (Legendary orcish warrior), Skarsnik/gallywix (Goblin manipulator that avoid fights), azhag/Gul’dan (Powered up by Nagash/Sargeras), Grom/Any Hob goblin (Fat and greedy) and Wuurzag/Nerzhul (Tribal sorcerer)
    An'u belore delen'na

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Wow, you necroed a year old quote. Impressive.

Hardly *spin*, you basically just repeated everything I said, but used a Kotaku article as some kind of untranished evidence.

Saying "Warhammer is a huge inspiration" is like saying "LotR was an inspiration". Of course it was. Prior to Warhammer, there really wasn't much in the way of fantasy wargaming whatsoever, GW basically wrote the template back in the early 80s, along with D&D.

They had 2 licenced properties before they even touched on WC, and both were a nightmare, because DC at that time were a nightmare (Burton famously got furious they kept nixing the design of the suit for Batman over the ear length, stating that they literally just sent a person out to argue to look like they were doing something regarding their brand).

"A lack of traction with the business teams" usually means "We had a meeting, and it didn't go the way either wanted". You're insinuating they had long discussions and talks, when in reality it probably went no further than a quick meeting, where Blizzard quickly decided they didn't want to deal with the hot mess that was licencing another brand.

Honestly, you reply to a post made over a year ago, say basically the same thing, but split hairs and argue. Honestly, this is why I stopped bothering with this forum, just full of people who want to fight over the slightest of horseshit because they want to be *right*.

Good Lord. Honestly don't bother replying, I have bigger things to worry about than this whining nonsense.
    Jesus dude.

Where do you think the quote comes from?

The one that you were referring to. Answer me that question, eh?

Let me help you out: it's from an article Patrick Wyatt himself wrote for Kotaku. Which I linked to. That's what you were referring to. Now you're claiming it's "tarnished", or some shit, what the fuck?

You are rejecting the PRIMARY SOURCE, written by Patrick Wyatt himself. You're rejecting your own evidence! That is quite a "bold play" lol. And you're trying to make out that you're in the right? For god's sake, man. You seriously are rejecting Patrick Wyatt's own words, because he wrote them on Kotaku? That is next level. Maybe next time click the link before flipping tables because you heard the word "Kotaku"?

The fact is they developed the game with Warhammer in mind, attempted to negotiate with GW (it's unclear how far that got, but it was clearly a direct negotiation and nobody decides anything in business about licensing based on a "quick meeting", unless the answer is a flat no, which would mean both Wyatt and Blizzard's accounts of this were false), and when those negotiations broke down, Patrick Wyatt was one of the people who was relieved that they did.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-10-15 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Warcraft's orcs are different, that is one of their main features - they are not bloodthirsty by default (well, lately lore has failed with that). We have enough fantasy worlds with evil savage orcs, do we really need another one?
    WH40k orks are not really evil. More like a force of nature and comic relief mixed into big boyz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    I mean age of sigmar would be a better fit
    No. Like seriously, if you want an abomination it is the age of sigmar...

You revived a thread that has been dead for almost a year, for this? Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Are you also implying that Orks are stupid? Because if you are, you have another thing coming.

"You're right I wasn't. But I've seen the retards of your kind painted purple".
    /roleplaying

Blizz already owed Games Workshop for Starcraft, why not just make them pay for using their orcs too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Current orcs are more "that's unhonorable!" and "we need you to save Horde".
    The problem is all the named NPC orcs are basically senior citizens. Whenever they add an uppity young orc blizzard has to kill them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    I just want to see an orc wave choppas around, roar "WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!", act like a brutal but kunnin/kunnin but brutal git, and never run out of DAKKA.

Could be an amazing comic relief dude.

#GorkNMorkForWarchief2020
    .... Garrosh?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

no, orcs are good and kind

play humans, they are pretty evil
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Garrosh?
    Garrosh was Khorne worshiper, no self-respecting git would worship same thing as spiky boys.

Hey, I wanted Undead to behave like Necrons, but Blizzard just made them like regular people with an...undeath condition.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    I just want to see an orc wave choppas around, roar "WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!", act like a brutal but kunnin/kunnin but brutal git, and never run out of DAKKA.

Could be an amazing comic relief dude.

#GorkNMorkForWarchief2020
    Technically those that drank lots of fell were sort of that but not exactly lol. XD

wasnt grom just a warhammer ork?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The problem is all the named NPC orcs are basically senior citizens. Whenever they add an uppity young orc blizzard has to kill them.
    It is like with Horde warlocks. If character is a warlock, he will either stay quiet in order hall or die as a traitor.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Maybe they'll add the Maldraxxus Gladiators as an Allied Race for the Horde. They basically exist to fight an endless war and have an entire culture that revolves around the biggest strongest fighter being the baddest. They exist just to punch stuff. My theory is that they are supposed to be the faceless hooded figures on the Dark Portal.

7+ Year Old Account
    40k orcs are cool because hey fit the entire, over the top setting. Not a good idea to turn a most prominent Horde race into comic relief that literally only wants battle.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Don't insult 40k Greenskins like that.

Ya stoopid git!

Seriously though, it doesn't need done as their just different orks.

They can't, because we have proof that WC Orcs are not fungi.