Thread: Magic Legends

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Does this is a card game? i'm downloading now...

  2. #102
    Dreadlord Sellest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kladno, Czech Republic
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by MMWeston View Post
    Does this is a card game? i'm downloading now...
    not a card game - more like diablo game where you select 12 skills that you draw randomly + you have main attack and 2 class specific attacks and ultimate that is charging up. You also have to grind or pay to upgrade those skills and improve power of your character.

    some commands I gathered on chat - /showfps 1 to show fps and latency and /shadows 0 (this improves FPS)

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    some commands I gathered on chat - /showfps 1 to show fps and latency and /shadows 0 (this improves FPS)
    Damn, so there ARE graphical customization options...just via chat commands they never tell you about? >.>

    It seems like the "mana caps aren't reset!" thing is indeed a bug, they're supposed to reset Tuesday's and the patch simply fixed the visual bug.

    Also, so I guess the "open book" thing in your realm is how you unlock world modifiers? But they don't bother telling you anything about that in-game? And nothing about how to unlock it or how progressed your realm needs to be? Like, why let players reach endgame and then have them grind for a while longer just to unlock the "real endgame" without any direction?

    Seriously, the quality of design is so poor and I genuinely wonder if they did any external playtesting for this game at all. Everything screams to me, "Only people with extensive knowledge of the game tested this, so things being poorly explained didn't matters since they knew about X or Y in great detail to begin with."

  4. #104
    You can also do /vsync 0 and /dynamiclights 0. It helps a bit but yeah the game feels really really rushed. Like they had an idea and nothing more.

  5. #105
    Interesting, weird that there'd be chat commands to do that but literally zero in the way of actual graphical customization options. Thankfully it's not been too bad for me so far (3070/i5 10600/32GB RAM), mostly smooth but still occasionally get random drops to what I think are in the 40's for a bit. Haven't bothered checking my actual FPS or hardware temps, but it should definitely be chewing through this at an easy 100+ fps at 2K resolution >.>

  6. #106
    I tried to get into this game but could not. I enjoy MTG both the game and lore. But the controls of this game felt unresponsive and sluggish to me. I felt like there was a delay between button input and action which really put me off. I like they tried something different though. Just didn't feel snappy to me.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I tried to get into this game but could not. I enjoy MTG both the game and lore. But the controls of this game felt unresponsive and sluggish to me. I felt like there was a delay between button input and action which really put me off. I like they tried something different though. Just didn't feel snappy to me.
    Part of it is likely servers, it's been nightmarish to play since launch and I spent much of Saturday not playing after the game basically stopped responding and forced me to relog to get it to work for a few seconds before the connection dropped. I could still see my teammates doing stuff and run around, but according to my server my character was motionless : /

    But other than that yes, there's some really unsatisfying delay in just about every action. Feels like everything is like, a half second delayed for no apparent reason.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Part of it is likely servers, it's been nightmarish to play since launch and I spent much of Saturday not playing after the game basically stopped responding and forced me to relog to get it to work for a few seconds before the connection dropped. I could still see my teammates doing stuff and run around, but according to my server my character was motionless : /

    But other than that yes, there's some really unsatisfying delay in just about every action. Feels like everything is like, a half second delayed for no apparent reason.
    Maybe. I'll check back on the game over time because I am interested. Just didn't do it for me this go around.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Maybe. I'll check back on the game over time because I am interested. Just didn't do it for me this go around.
    How far in did you get? Because endgame is...well...I'm not sure if one actually exists even in any real sense.

  10. #110
    Getting a really annoying bug where it says I can't interact with shit cause I'm in combat.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How far in did you get? Because endgame is...well...I'm not sure if one actually exists even in any real sense.
    About 4 hours or so?
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

  12. #112
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    17,955
    I play alot of mtg irl or st least before covid I did. I played the white mana guy I dig that they put in devotion counters as a thing. Other than that game felt kinda trash. Needs an optimization pass for one random frame rate drops for no reason
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    About 4 hours or so?
    Yeah...things don't really progress from there. I imagine the end game "opens up" when you unlock the last book in your realm and I guess that unlocks the ability to alter the world with modifiers or whatever. I don't know for sure, they've never bothered explaining in-game or in any blog how any of this actually works and despites some farming and getting my realm to level 4 I still haven't unlocked the book.

    I'm like to the point where I'm genuinely worried about how much work they'll need to do just to get the game into a decent shape at this point. Really, I can't see the core audience extending beyond hardcore MTG fans/casual gamers, because there's just nothing for "core" gamers here outside of the IP : /

  14. #114
    Dreadlord Sellest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kladno, Czech Republic
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Interesting, weird that there'd be chat commands to do that but literally zero in the way of actual graphical customization options. Thankfully it's not been too bad for me so far (3070/i5 10600/32GB RAM), mostly smooth but still occasionally get random drops to what I think are in the 40's for a bit. Haven't bothered checking my actual FPS or hardware temps, but it should definitely be chewing through this at an easy 100+ fps at 2K resolution >.>
    That's quite nice performance. I can get 40-60 in some instanced areas but "world" is running around 20-30, sometimes drops to 15. Turning off shadows improves it a bit. I run on AMD RX580/i5 4670k/16GB RAM.

  15. #115
    More things I'm not learning in the game but am learning while griping about how poorly explained almost everything in the game is...

    Dailies are the only way to progress your level in zones! It's not the "book" icon, but the missions you run with the other icon contribute towards your progress. Feel like they never really make this clear? Can you even see how far your progress is anywhere, because I haven't been able to tell outside of what level that zone is for me.

    I thought I'd have enough motivation to log in the past few days to do dailies and slowly try to unlock that book station in my realm but...like...I don't even wanna log in. In the span of a week I went from being pretty here for the game with some warts and all to seriously considering uninstalling before they even announce what'll be in the first patch. Because their "first week of open beta" blog post has some nice general improvements, but the game really feels like it needs an extensive overhaul/redesign...already : (

  16. #116
    What's everybody's favorite walker so far? Mine's Geo, but I can't wait to start collecting more spells for other colors.

  17. #117
    Merged the two Magic: Legends threads since all the discussion in the more recent thread took place during a time when discussion in the original thread wasn't happening. Shouldn't be much of a mixup for any discussions ongoing, just now all in a single thread. All your posts are still here!

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    What's everybody's favorite walker so far? Mine's Geo, but I can't wait to start collecting more spells for other colors.
    Green and white for me.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Green and white for me.
    Just got a grove warden from a mission and dipping green for the time being is very tempting. I don't know how far in other classes are unlocked on one character,but I am kind of also looking forward to leveling those up, for PW levels and spells.

  20. #120
    I feel like they did a great job with the starter sets atleast the ones I've played there have only been like 1-3 cards I have felt are worthless like the blue mind control for 10 seconds or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Just got a grove warden from a mission and dipping green for the time being is very tempting. I don't know how far in other classes are unlocked on one character,but I am kind of also looking forward to leveling those up, for PW levels and spells.
    I started as a sanctifier so I don't even have enough green cards for a full deck so I've mostly played it with a slightly modified Sanctifier deck although I also made a blue/green mix deck. Beastcallers secondary is amazing. Really wanna try and get an equipment setup based around it. I crafted the wolf pack card and while having 6 wolves out at max summoning is cool they feel too squishy imo.

    If you got any good red+green artifacts it might be a good idea to try some green. You get 2 free deck loadouts and your artifact fragments are capped at 1k(which is another stupid design decision they have done) so its a good idea to spend em when you got em.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •