Thread: Magic Legends

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they did it because the Aether/Zen conversion dropped so low a F2P player who didn't spend any Aether could have easily made like 60$ worth of Zen in two weeks. It was down to like 100ish Aether per Zen just before they disabled it and now after they removed Aether charging its back up to almost 400 per Zen.
    Ooph. Gotta wonder if they tweaked the exchange, because 100:1 is way too low. I think they wanted around 385:1?

Anecdotally it doesn't sound like the game is terribly sticky so far, lots of folks struggling to find groups. I hope they've got some tricks up their sleeves and can do fast work. Both for the game and because I wanna come back and kill more Shivan Dragons and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ooph. Gotta wonder if they tweaked the exchange, because 100:1 is way too low. I think they wanted around 385:1?

Anecdotally it doesn't sound like the game is terribly sticky so far, lots of folks struggling to find groups. I hope they've got some tricks up their sleeves and can do fast work. Both for the game and because I wanna come back and kill more Shivan Dragons and shit.
    I wouldn't keep my hopes up. When Perfect World publishes live service it's not a matter of "if" a game will die, but "how fast". It's a real shame wizards of the coast seem so determined to never have a good video game under MTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I wouldn't keep my hopes up. When Perfect World publishes live service it's not a matter of "if" a game will die, but "how fast". It's a real shame wizards of the coast seem so determined to never have a good video game under MTG.
    Perfect World doesn't let Cryptic games die they just shrink the dev team size and milk the whales.

I think just removing the aether rush helped as its been slowly working its way back up. Although they could easily manipulate it and as long as it was slow and wasn't a massive amount of aether I doubt anyone would notice.

You can usually get low level groups easy if you just want to get a daily done. Group chat sucks atm. Last time I tried with my brother it kept switching to zone chat after a bit was annoying as fuck when half your chats end up in zone chat. Most high level players just solo cause its easier and you can use your enchantments.

I'd be curious to know how many instances of each map exists cause there's like 20 people in Sanctuary but I only see a handful of people ever on a map.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not really? I mean they've moved away from the low-budget import garbage like PWE/Forsaken World etc. They're actually getting more into non-MMO publishing (Torchlight, Livelock, Hobb, Remnant: From the Ashes) too and by all accounts have picked up some solid titles. Their MMO efforts out west seem more focused on Cryptic than their OG imports.

CO is still somehow alive and kicking and getting periodic updates. STO is still well supported (and IIRC the biggest moneymaker for them). NW still gets regular updates (for better or worse, IIRC there was a combat overhaul people didn't like not too long ago). I can't see them dropping support for ML in the immediate either, even if it has a weaker launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Group chat sucks atm. Last time I tried with my brother it kept switching to zone chat after a bit was annoying as fuck when half your chats end up in zone chat.
    The whole chat system feels like it's still in alpha : P

There's an event going on atm where you need to collect 14 daily items to get a new account wide spell, 150k aether, and 100k gold.

There's an event going on atm where you need to collect 14 daily items to get a new account wide spell, 150k aether, and 100k gold.
    Also weekend event where you get double red planar mana

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Also weekend event where you get double red planar mana
    And bugged difficulty rewards, still. The fixed daily zone rewards scaling with difficulty, but if you play the overworld on Master mode you still get the bonus multiplier on all mana and....the bonus multiplier doesn't work against your mana cap.

So if you're playing on master, your mana cap is actually around 30K a week, and if you wait for double red mana weekend could potentially go as high as 60K for red mana.

This game really needed another 3-6 months of actual beta testing, because it's hilariously buggy/broken.

And bugged difficulty rewards, still. The fixed daily zone rewards scaling with difficulty, but if you play the overworld on Master mode you still get the bonus multiplier on all mana and....the bonus multiplier doesn't work against your mana cap.

So if you're playing on master, your mana cap is actually around 30K a week, and if you wait for double red mana weekend could potentially go as high as 60K for red mana.

This game really needed another 3-6 months of actual beta testing, because it's hilariously buggy/broken.
    Ok

10chars

The random card drops are annoying. Wish you could buy em from the ah. I just want some dragons.

The random card drops are annoying. Wish you could buy em from the ah. I just want some dragons.
    Yeah I wish that spell pages were not spell specific, and you could just pick what to level up.

https://www.playmagiclegends.com/en/...ticle/11486963

Main thing is that your first class unlock is free from the aetheric core. If you already unlocked one your next one will be free. Plus you get the 12 starter cards of any classes you unlock.

They also fixed some bugs and added some more. The noticable one is that Benalia shows up act 4 instead of a daily. Looks like we should get act 4 storyline soon.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/ma...ame-may-update

Looks like they are adding another class to the battlepass in the earlier levels and improving performance as well as making the new player experience better and some other stuff.

Pyromancer class free in the shop til the 24 then its going in the battlepass in the lower levels of the free track.

https://www.playmagiclegends.com/en/...ticle/11490313

And it's dead. Development ended and the game closes on October 31. Bummer we never got to see the game get whipped into shape and the endgame that they were working on, but not surprised to see them cut their losses as it didn't seem like things were turning around after open beta went live. Hopefully it's a good lesson to management at PWE/Cryptic to not shit out a rushed game and instead give it the time/budget it needs. Still bummed that it ended up being a more basic online ARPG rather than the "next-gen MMO" it was initially announced as.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I just really feel like the MtG "style" doesn't lend itself well to things other than TCG's.
    I really dug the way they integrated hand mechanics into the game with the random draw, honestly. I think it was really well done conceptually, the overall combat system just needed a lot more work. Creature builds were garbage and based around on-summon gimmicks since most had no bonuses to re-summoning, until they made it so creatures that were already played couldn't be drawn from your deck. Beyond that mana management and spark management wasn't much of a "thing", so a lot of builds while leveling largely resulted in "Just spam shit as soon as you draw it" and were as effective as trying to actually engage with mechanics.

There are plenty of ways to make it work outside of purely card-based games, Cryptic just struggled to execute on ideas as they often do. It felt more like they tried to mash MTG to fit their development formula and it simply wasn't ever gonna work. They needed to be more ambitious (like when they initially announced the game as a "next-generation MMO" before scaling back to "online ARPG") and take more risks when it comes to designing out of their comfort zone. But we ended up with aggressive resource caps, in-game RMT that didn't work well and clashed with some of the design goals, oodles of pointless currencies, and other issues that come from designs that worked in other games.

Sucks but so glad they are giving refunds.

Telling people they didn't really have an idea for an endgame probably wasn't the smartest move.

I did like the idea of random draw and cards. Think it might have been better if creatures weren't cards but I'm not sure that would have been any better. They already only let you have X number of creatures depending on their creature score or what ever it was called so its not like you could do full creature builds anyways.

Now someone needs to take some of the good ideas from this and make a Yu Gi Oh/other card game mmo. Magic might be tainted for awhile.

On one hand I'm really sad to hear this, but recently it stood out as one of the most appalling experiences I've ever had when I downloaded it on launch day. It was gross, laggy, GFX looked straight out of mobile, and the game was riddled with MTX that were just lol. Game devs/publishers need to do better. This is going to kill any hopes of this IP being made by a good studio in any new format for a long time which sucks.

Not surprised. I think the premise was inherently flawed and the game played poorly. This was not a marketable genre blend.

I bet we will never see another attempt at this in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not surprised. I think the premise was inherently flawed and the game played poorly. This was not a marketable genre blend.

I bet we will never see another attempt at this in the franchise.
    No, they basically tried to pull "The Mobile Platform" scam on PC and failed spectacularly.

I think they were going for mobile release and switched to PC , at the alpha i got invited, everything screamed "mobile", 30 FPS lock (someone discovered the unreal engine unlock and game became playable), 3 video settings , and suddenly second alpha test, more video options appeared, which basically what every <another platform> port does.

Arpgs seem to have a tough life, if their first impressions are poor they have a tough time hanging around. I think arpg fans are pretty lenient and will stick with a game, but the initial impressions of this one were terrible and it felt little more than a mobile game with kb/m controls.