Thread: Magic Legends

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Magic Legends

Official Website

---------------------------------------------
    From their website:
    Game Info

Become a Planeswalker in Magic: Legends, an all-new online MMO Action RPG. An ancient force moves in the darkness and it’s up to you to walk the planes and gather the power needed to fight. Choose your path through the planes, collect spells to create powerful spell hands, and control the chaos of battle as you fight to save the multiverse from its greatest threat yet.

BECOME A PLANESWALKER

It’s your job to save the multiverse from its greatest threat yet. Choose from five different classes but don’t worry about picking just one. You can switch between all five as you play.

Walk Your Own Path

You’ll need to cross various planes to save the multiverse, but how you weave your path is up to you.

Control the Chaos

Control and chaos intertwine in real-time combat. Strategically choose the spells in your spell hand because they’ll be drawn at random as you fight.

Collect and Upgrade

Discover a myriad of spells and collect spell fragments to make them more powerful.

Fight Alone or Together

Choose whether you traverse the planes alone or with up to two other Planeswalkers
    Announcing Magic: Legends, a thrilling MMO Action RPG set across the iconic planes of Magic: The Gathering!

In Magic: Legends, become immersed in the acclaimed fictional Magic multiverse as a powerful, spell-wielding Planeswalker. Over the last 25 years, Wizards of the Coast’s strategic card game has transformed into a global phenomenon, with over 20 million players across 70 countries. More official details and game features for Magic: Legends will be revealed in January 2020. If you’re interested in being the very first to experience this epic MMO Action RPG, sign up for the game’s first Beta test at https://www.PlayMagicLegends.com.

Among the longtime fans of Magic: The Gathering is the development team at Cryptic Studios, who have been working on the game behind-the-scenes since 2017. Development of this MMO Action RPG is an extension of a licensing partnership between Wizards of the Coast and Cryptic Studios following the success of Neverwinter, the critically acclaimed MMO based on the tabletop adventure, Dungeons & Dragons. The team currently developing Magic: Legends is helmed by executive producer, Stephen Ricossa, former executive producer behind the popular MMORPG, Star Trek Online.

Stay up to date on the latest Magic: Legends news by following us on Twitter and Facebook @BeAMagicLegend.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Classes

The Mind Mage personifies cool intellect. As a planeswalker that focuses on psychic powers, battle enemies from a safe distance, controlling projectiles with telekinetic powers, and lock down dangerous foes with spells that put them to sleep, or turn them against their allies.
    -------------------------------------------------
    The Geomancer draws upon the power of the earth to pummel enemies in close quarters with devastating stone and lava attacks. They are capable of absorbing blows that would otherwise incapacitate other Planeswalkers with their rock shield. Geomancers prefer to call upon creatures like goblins, kavu, and earth elementals

--------------------------------------------------

New Action MMO coming from Perfect World, Cryptic and WoTC. Here's hoping Wizards absolutely refuses to let this fail, and that Perfect World learned lessons from their previous MMO's.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2020-01-09 at 10:30 PM.

Cryptic... Man that has not been a name I have seen in many years.

Though PW makes me very, VERY hesitant of this being consistently good.

PW involvement is never a good sign, but I can live with it.

I hope they've made some big improvements in the visual department this time around, the same core style of how characters look from CO through to NW is kinda lame.

I will say though, given that we've known Cryptic has been working on this for like a year+ now (didn't know the name, but knew it was being worked on), I'm pretty bummed the first thing they show is a cinematic trailer and no gameplay. But I guess it's at least better than that D&D trailer...holy ugh that was bad.

I'm hoping that we select like 6-8 skills out of a spellbook like GW1 (and like you're building your "deck"). One "legendary" (ultimate) skill. Maybe using regular skills that grant available Mana and then spenders.

I am cautiously optimistic because I love the fuck out of Magic the Gathering.

Cept Eldraine. Because fuck it.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I'm interested as magic was a big part of my youth and I never did get into the lore but would be interested to experience it as a game.

Cinematic doesn't mean squat though, doesn't tell me anything about what the games gonna look like.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Reserving judgement until I see gameplay.

MTG is definitely one of the most desired universes for an MMO though.

I hate this kind of trailer when it's not coupled with a gameplay trailer. Literally no idea what this is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I hate this kind of trailer when it's not coupled with a gameplay trailer. Literally no idea what this is all about.

(your guess is as good as mine)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Exactly how I feel. If you can't bother to show me gameplay footage, even doctored up as most trailers do, then I can't be bothered to play your game.

Also, inb4 F2P and microtransactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Exactly how I feel. If you can't bother to show me gameplay footage, even doctored up as most trailers do, then I can't be bothered to play your game.

Some sites are already saying it's free to play, just like every other MMO Cryptic has.

----------------------------

OP was updated. The official website has more stuff now.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Perfect World is involved. It's probably going to be a shit show just like every other f2p MMO. It seems interesting, but I don't really expect anything good from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be that guy,

The publisher does not have the greatest reputation. MMO's are really no longer on their peak and if it's going to be the same formula we experienced ad nauseam it might just be yet another MMO trying to piggyback of an well know franchise.

Hopefully for the fans it is not that.

Perfect Worlds is enough for me to give this a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    OP was updated. The official website has more stuff now.
    I only see beta sign up option, where's the info?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I only see beta sign up option, where's the info?
    Sorry, I'll add the linkto the OP. You can find it here

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Sorry, I'll add the linkto the OP. You can find it here
    Thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Reserving judgement until I see gameplay.

MTG is definitely one of the most desired universes for an MMO though.
    The only one I want more is The Malazan Book of the Fallen.

I love MTG and played the card game here and there since Mirrodin block (and now fully into the MTGA), but I'm having a hard time seeing MTG as a decent MMO universe. There are too many "planes" in the lore that are effectively like mini universes. There are a handful of stable characters but the story can get quite messy if you're into it.

I've always wanted a decent MMO that plays like an ARPG, would think of it like Runescape but with direct controls and current graphics quality. If this game delivers, great. As it stands, I can't get an hype for it.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I am VERY skeptical of this, but as always I'm ready for a positive surprise. I just don't expect it.