Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Disappointed that a 15 year old game is currently the best MMO on the market.

TLDR
    Was fun for a little while.

my TL;DR - Guild wanna go hardcore and get server first Nef in BWL, planning midnight raid etc. I just do NOT see the point. maybe im over WoW at the age of 33.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Absolutely this.

I love Classic, I enjoyed playing it a great deal and I wish that I could afford time wise to keep playing it but sadly RL stuff got in the way. But it's still an old game that you have to wonder: After all this years, is this still the best we've got?
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-01-13 at 11:11 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Retired <Dreamstate> Gehennas

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Its a niche genre and many MMO's just cater to the hardcore players. WoW's mainstream break out happened because it was different and included casual gamers. The sheer amount of casual content in the game reinforced its lead and I don't think there is a way to catch up to a 15 year old leading MMO.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Update: got to lvl 51 from 46 a few days ago, i dont think i'll make the homestretch tbh, cant bring myself to log on anymore.
    This is pretty much me, except I'm still stuck at 46 and can't seem to drag myself back into the game at this point. Classic was all I played for the first month or two that it was out, but by the time I got to that mid-40's stretch (and my guildies who rushed to 60 were losing interest and hopping to other guilds), my interest in the game took a sharp nosedive.

I guess the good news is that I last logged out in a city, so when/if I decide to resubscribe and get back to it (and I am sure I'll get bored enough to do so at some point), I'll have rested XP for a while.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2020-01-14 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

TL;DR:
    I wasn't as invested as I thought I would be. (I was never its target audience, though)
    Last edited by Theoris; 2020-01-13 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    my TL;DR - Guild wanna go hardcore and get server first Nef in BWL, planning midnight raid etc. I just do NOT see the point. maybe im over WoW at the age of 33.
    What does age have to do with anything? This is one of the greatest fallacies known to our generations. 65+ boomers, who didn't grow up with video games, are telling younger generations that video games are for children, yet there they are still doing what they did as a child. The only reason these oldies don't appreciate video games the way we do is because they didn't grow up with them. Is playing coed softball in your 40's immature? Why not? Kids play baseball all the time. Oh it's because those boomers grew up with it, so it gets a pass. You'll be better off in life if you scrap the idea that age defines what you do. Even if you don't feel like your age doesn't reflect your mindset, you still consciously made a correlation between your age and the ability to enjoy content. Don't be a slave to someone else's bigotry.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Got my nostalgia fill from leveling to 60 and farming some dungeons. Didn't want to commit longterm to what I've already played before.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    What does age have to do with anything? This is one of the greatest fallacies known to our generations. 65+ boomers, who didn't grow up with video games, are telling younger generations that video games are for children, yet there they are still doing what they did as a child. The only reason these oldies don't appreciate video games the way we do is because they didn't grow up with them. Is playing coed softball in your 40's immature? Why not? Kids play baseball all the time. Oh it's because those boomers grew up with it, so it gets a pass. You'll be better off in life if you scrap the idea that age defines what you do. Even if you don't feel like your age doesn't reflect your mindset, you still consciously made a correlation between your age and the ability to enjoy content. Don't be a slave to someone else's bigotry.
    Yeah I see your point and I do agree with it. I did Mean it i more of a lethal weapons "im Too old for this shit" way. I game nonstop, just think I got enough of wow is all. Still got archeage unchained (lol), ffxiv, swtor (love this still), neverwinter online, bdo, Dota 2, witcher 3, DOS 2, DQ 11 etc etc. Even picked up the original HOMM 3 from gog.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Yeah I see your point and I do agree with it. I did Mean it i more of a lethal weapons "im Too old for this shit" way. I game nonstop, just think I got enough of wow is all. Still got archeage unchained (lol), ffxiv, swtor (love this still), neverwinter online, bdo, Dota 2, witcher 3, DOS 2, DQ 11 etc etc. Even picked up the original HOMM 3 from gog.
    I'd get into Witcher 3. There's so much to do in that game. Can get a lil overwhelming if you're the type that needs to 100% the game, but the sides missions/main story is phenomenal.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Stopped playing at lvl43 due to real life reasons. Would like to play more, but had to put family priorities first. It seems I have grown out of WoW finally, in my 35 years
    Was fun while it lasted though, memories will always be with me.

Was good, still is, but #NoChanges is stupid... Classic+ when?

A fun slow burner that sadly used the wrong versions of PvP BGs to sink a game not built around solo ques into a game built around solo ques. Other than that a classic.

I was really into it. I got a Rogue to 58, when I ran out of solo quests and had a hard time getting groups. So then, I leveled some other toons, got my warrior to 50, a priest to 25, a mage to 21, and eventually, I finished my rogue and started trying to see the end game. I still have yet to see Undead Strat, UBRS, or Dire Maul West and North. I did MC up to Majordomo, and am not yet attuned for Onyxia. But I suspect I can get all this achieved in like a month. But ultimately, there isn't much to do. AV queues for Horde on Mankrik are 20-25 minutes long. I was never 60 in Vanilla, but was 70 for a year in BC, so I remember in BC, still having a lot of questing to do at 70 and having the daily hubs to grind rep with and that was a lot of fun for me, along with the way PvP worked in BC. But, I am glad I finally get to see Vanilla's content though, but like, after I get to see the rest of the PvE content up to Ragnaros and Onyxia, idk, I don't really want to farm these raids, but, I suspect that BWL won't be too brutal, especially after ZG comes out. AQ20, I will probably get to see. I kind of doubt I will get to go far in AQ40 or Naxx. But ultimately, I just feel like, there isn't enough to do at 60, at least at this point of the game.

leveling is fun, raiding is decent but boring, don't level a hunter for PVP, mages/warr/rogues still master classes, plz dont take lvl 5x in raids, enjoy the slow pace.

Got to lvl 60, farmed some dungeons and then stopped. The leveling was more fun than being max lvl.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by Mibzo View Post
    Got to lvl 60, farmed some dungeons and then stopped. The leveling was more fun than being max lvl.
    Sadly that's quite true. Leveling experience was fun to do once, though thought of leveling and alt disgusts me tbh. Dungeon gearing was fun too for couple of weeks, mostly pre raid BIS was pretty easy to get. But now, only interesting thing to do is 2 hours of raiding every week. The game is very close to dead to me already. Maybe BWL keeps my interest up for a while if it comes out soon, but even then the BWL raid will be the only interesting activity.