Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Thought it will be shit. Tried it. Was right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I don't know if it's quite that...honestly to me it feels more like "Oh shit, we fucked up with BFA on multiple fronts...so being clueless on a lot of things like we often are...lets copy Classic!"
    To be fair, the expansion leveling idea is one I can get behind. It's going to be nice to scour every inch of Northrend, Pandaria, or Outland again before jumping into the new content.

On-topic: TL;DR: It's what you expect to get from an old-school MMO. Mechanically on the simple side, leveling takes a while, and grind can be real. If that's what you enjoy, you'll have as much fun as I am. If not, you probably won't enjoy it so much, and that's ok, too.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Wasn't hyped, gave it a try, didn't like it as expected.

Did asmongold stop streaming? Haven't seen him online in a while.
    Yeah hes been off streaming for quite a while now.

Anyway, I do like Classic. I dont have any max lvl chars, but I play when I can. Got one rogue at lvl 35 and a Paladin at lvl 43. Thing is, I dont have the time anymore to really get alot out of a game like classic. At the end of the day, with classic - you gotta commit time. Often alot of it.

I have thought about just playing pvp with a twink character. I do often times just log in and play some pvp matches even though im not max lvl.

Its funny playing classic and realise just how much time this game did require, and still does. No matter your skill, you gotta put in alot of hours to complete various activives and stay relevant.

I bet it was quite fun reaching 60 quickly in classic and do the dungeons/raids with the rest. Im not so sure how fun it will be for those "left behind", once they reach 60.

Personally I dont really care. I did most of it when it was current, except Naxx. So I dont mind taking forever reaching lvl 60.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My TL;DR of Classic:

First month of release was the most fun I've ever had in any video game. Everyone was on equal footing, made so many friends and leveling budies, my friend list was full and I was recognized by so many players every time I logged on.

As soon as I got into the 50s I started seeing more and more trihards, the game stoped being fun and I got to see the other side of the coin. Drama bc of gear, toxic environments, entitlement from everyone and overall a bad experience. Quit the game at 56 bc I couldn't be arsed to continue with that.

As a PvE'r my TLDR:-

Super easy content, saved by a feeling of reward and character progression not seen on live WoW in a decade.

Pros:

• Grinding out Dungeon gear was fun.
    • I'm still enjoying MC because WoW with actual rare loot and real Legendary items feels great. Even a technically boring raid like MC is enjoyable because of Vanilla loot progression.
    • As much as I like transmog, the game is better off without it. All of the pieces of equipment in Modern WoW are hollow, skinless stat sticks. No one knows the names of most of the gear they're wearing because there's so much of it with so many sources, and the appearance means nothing.

Cons:

• 400 MS Vanilla Spell Batching is awful.
    • Graphics are awful.
    • PvP for the most part is awful.
    • The community for the most part is awful.

Classic really made me realize how much I miss meaningful loot progression. The gearing system in Modern WoW feels like an idle, or mobile game. You just loot the same stuff with a slightly higher ilvl every patch, transmogging over it with the same skins you've been using for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not perfect, but better than current WoW, that's all that needs to be said.

Playing classic feels like playing an MMORPG. I see people I leveled with, I see people I ran dungeons with, the guild actually logs on and helps each other and does things and what you do in the open world matters. What more do you need from an online game? For it to literally suck you off? Sheesh.

TL;DR:
    I'm too old for this.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    What more do you need from an online game? For it to literally suck you off? Sheesh.
    That would be awesome, but having interesting end game content would be a good start too. Or even a half decent class balance.

Enjoyed the nostalgia a bit, farmed MC a few weeks, got to the point of raidlogging and stopped.
    Current plan is to return for the AQ event, do a few ZG/AQ/BWL runs (remains to be seen if with a guild or pugs).
    Right now classic only has to offer raids and ranking. Ranking is just and absurd amount of time and raidlogging for MC isn't doing it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed that a 15 year old game is currently the best MMO on the market.

7+ Year Old Account
    TLDR
    Was fun for a little while.

my TL;DR - Guild wanna go hardcore and get server first Nef in BWL, planning midnight raid etc. I just do NOT see the point. maybe im over WoW at the age of 33.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Absolutely this.

I love Classic, I enjoyed playing it a great deal and I wish that I could afford time wise to keep playing it but sadly RL stuff got in the way. But it's still an old game that you have to wonder: After all this years, is this still the best we've got?
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-01-13 at 11:11 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Its a niche genre and many MMO's just cater to the hardcore players. WoW's mainstream break out happened because it was different and included casual gamers. The sheer amount of casual content in the game reinforced its lead and I don't think there is a way to catch up to a 15 year old leading MMO.
    -

TL;DR:
    I wasn't as invested as I thought I would be. (I was never its target audience, though)
    Last edited by Theoris; 2020-01-13 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    my TL;DR - Guild wanna go hardcore and get server first Nef in BWL, planning midnight raid etc. I just do NOT see the point. maybe im over WoW at the age of 33.
    What does age have to do with anything? This is one of the greatest fallacies known to our generations. 65+ boomers, who didn't grow up with video games, are telling younger generations that video games are for children, yet there they are still doing what they did as a child. The only reason these oldies don't appreciate video games the way we do is because they didn't grow up with them. Is playing coed softball in your 40's immature? Why not? Kids play baseball all the time. Oh it's because those boomers grew up with it, so it gets a pass. You'll be better off in life if you scrap the idea that age defines what you do. Even if you don't feel like your age doesn't reflect your mindset, you still consciously made a correlation between your age and the ability to enjoy content. Don't be a slave to someone else's bigotry.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Got my nostalgia fill from leveling to 60 and farming some dungeons. Didn't want to commit longterm to what I've already played before.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    What does age have to do with anything? This is one of the greatest fallacies known to our generations. 65+ boomers, who didn't grow up with video games, are telling younger generations that video games are for children, yet there they are still doing what they did as a child. The only reason these oldies don't appreciate video games the way we do is because they didn't grow up with them. Is playing coed softball in your 40's immature? Why not? Kids play baseball all the time. Oh it's because those boomers grew up with it, so it gets a pass. You'll be better off in life if you scrap the idea that age defines what you do. Even if you don't feel like your age doesn't reflect your mindset, you still consciously made a correlation between your age and the ability to enjoy content. Don't be a slave to someone else's bigotry.
    Yeah I see your point and I do agree with it. I did Mean it i more of a lethal weapons "im Too old for this shit" way. I game nonstop, just think I got enough of wow is all. Still got archeage unchained (lol), ffxiv, swtor (love this still), neverwinter online, bdo, Dota 2, witcher 3, DOS 2, DQ 11 etc etc. Even picked up the original HOMM 3 from gog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Yeah I see your point and I do agree with it. I did Mean it i more of a lethal weapons "im Too old for this shit" way. I game nonstop, just think I got enough of wow is all. Still got archeage unchained (lol), ffxiv, swtor (love this still), neverwinter online, bdo, Dota 2, witcher 3, DOS 2, DQ 11 etc etc. Even picked up the original HOMM 3 from gog.
    I'd get into Witcher 3. There's so much to do in that game. Can get a lil overwhelming if you're the type that needs to 100% the game, but the sides missions/main story is phenomenal.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.