How do you cure a common cold?

Or shorten it? My nose is burning, my throat is burning, headache, joints feel stiff, concentration wavers and so on. Been a year since i had a cold, i kinda forgot what it was like to have one.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I always just drink lots of water and throw over the counter stuff at it to lighten the symptoms until it goes away. You don't "cure" it.

Those DayQuil/NyQuil combo packs work best for me. Any pharmacy has them. It's like a box that's half DayQuil and half NyQuil tablets.

I had one really nasty cold a couple years ago that was bad enough I decided to go to a walk-in clinic, and they gave me some kind of prescription cough syrup. I don't remember what it was called, but it worked really damn well (not to mention knocked me out for a few hours).

10+ Year Old Account
    You treat the symptoms to make you feel better, you try to exert yourself too much and try to keep well fed, wait for your body to fight it off.

It's a virus, that's all you can do.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please ask a professional for medical advice, as we would not want anyone to be misinformed. This thread is closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."