View Poll Results: Would you like Baine as Warchief?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Yes

88 30.34%
  • No

202 69.66%

Thread: Warchief Baine

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    He already playing leader right now, really sad that the rest of council is either too busy bumping uglies ( Lothermar and Thalyssra) or being complacent.....there is no way in hell this "peace" is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I'd rather follow a noble land honorable eader than a corrupted one. You may not like him, but Baine is the only one showing that war is not always the answer and that there are different ways to solve the problems.
    you mean like when he watched his father dying while going like „well, ... ok.“

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    He currently is Warchief since the rest of the council doesn't exercise their power. And I fucking hate it. I'd rather be conquered by the Alliance than kowtowing to them willingly.
    How is it honorable to accept that alliance killing rastakhan was correct? Accepting peace in alliance term is saying that all the lives lost meant nothing to Baine and agreeing that alliance was 100% correct in murdering rastakhan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    How is it honorable to accept that alliance killing rastakhan was correct? Accepting peace in alliance term is saying that all the lives lost meant nothing to Baine and agreeing that alliance was 100% correct in murdering rastakhan.
    He wasn't talking about accepting Baine, nobody wants Baine to lead and nobody in their right mind should accept this farce of "peace".

This is some good bait. Obviously, the answer to anyone that respects the Horde, be it the warmongering Horde led by the likes of Sylvanas, Garrosh, and Blackhand/Gul'dan, or even the noble, honorable Horde led by the likes of Orgrim, Thrall, and Vol'jin, is a solid no. Baine's character has been butchered beyond redemption. Unlike Varok Saurfang, who in my eyes was not as blatant and spineless a traitor like people say he is, Baine is just a sniveling apologist and twisted idealist. I'd sooner have Varok as Warchief than Baine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This is some good bait. Obviously, the answer to anyone that respects the Horde, be it the warmongering Horde led by the likes of Sylvanas, Garrosh, and Blackhand/Gul'dan, or even the noble, honorable Horde led by the likes of Orgrim, Thrall, and Vol'jin, is a solid no. Baine's character has been butchered beyond redemption. Unlike Varok Saurfang, who in my eyes was not as blatant and spineless a traitor like people say he is, Baine is just a sniveling apologist and twisted idealist. I'd sooner have Varok as Warchief than Baine.
    Also its most likely mostly alliance players vote yes to baine as warchief... heck even magatha would be better or heck I'd sooner accept Kael coming from shadowlands to lead to horde......

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Also its most likely mostly alliance players vote yes to baine as warchief... heck even magatha would be better or heck I'd sooner accept Kael coming from shadowlands to lead to horde......
    Literally anyone would be a better Warchief, ANYONE. Even Gallywix.

Those Baine votes are all Alliance player votes, no self-respecting Horde player would want the Whopper with extra cheese as Warchief. He's a far cry from Cairne.

I actually can’t think of a Horde “racial” leader I’d prefer less to lead than Baine. At least Sylvanas had a backbone.
    I’d take freaking Kiro over Baine as Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I actually can’t think of a Horde “racial” leader I’d prefer less to lead than Baine.
    I’d take freaking Kiro over Baine as Warchief.
    Well the guy is new and hasn't been hit with the idiot stick, like the rest yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well the guy is new and hasn't been hit with the idiot stick, like the rest yet.
    I mean, he also hasn’t really proved anything yet and I’d still prefer his barely-existent track record and dubious thematic inclusion in the Horde than sad-bull Baine.

- Edit -
    Speaking of track records, I think we’ve seen Baine kill more Horde and actively aid more Alliance than the other way around. Let that sink in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally anyone would be a better Warchief, ANYONE. Even Gallywix.

Those Baine votes are all Alliance player votes, no self-respecting Horde player would want the Whopper with extra cheese as Warchief. He's a far cry from Cairne.
    Cairne would be ashamed of Baine. I like how Cairne drew a line and stuck with it. Baine has me so conflicted I want to like him but he constantly cuts his own balls off every time they grow back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance and Horde should have gotten over their differences by now, especially since the world is literally in danger of ending on a yearly basis... In no logical scenario would they see how often the world is in mortal danger and keep fighting eachother.

So yeah, I'm in favor of any Horde leadership that isn't going to start another pointless war (though I'd prefer Lor'themar over Baine). We don't need the Horde and Alliance to be at war to "keep the War in Warcraft" because we are literally always at war with some external threat.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-12-15 at 06:39 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

As an Alliance main, I vote yes for Warchief Baine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    I'm an Alliance player and I vote Yes.
    I'm a Horde player and I also vote yes.

Mainly because with Baine ruling the Horde and Anduin ruling the Alliance, there won't be any meaningless "AvH" storyline and instead we'll get some actuall lore that CAN be developed and moved forward. AvH has been for so many years and nothing has changed (and nothing CAN change because it's mmo), it's time to let go.

So I say let it be a World of Peacecraft. Not like the "WARcraft" gave us anything usefull besides mad Alliance/Horde cultists who take this game too serious. I say let's move forward and discover what is there to be discovered in this universe, not stay stuck in the same old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    He wasn't talking about accepting Baine, nobody wants Baine to lead and nobody in their right mind should accept this farce of "peace".
    I would. You should go to r/the_donald if you think it's "your way or the highway".

But honestly. The circlejerk around Baine is laughable at best, pathetic at most, really. You lads are focusing too much on the bad, and not at all on the good.
    And I won't even comment things like "I'd take Kiro". You must be either trolling, insane, or not at all realizing the words you say.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2019-12-15 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    At least Baine is honest with his allegiances.

It bugs me that they still haven't replaced the Lordaeron L with the Stormwinder Lion. The Lordaeron crest is basically the second insignia of the Forsaken.. May even be primary now that Sylvanas has ditched them (or "ditched" them depending on what you think is happening), as the shattered mask is specific to Sylvanas. Everything else on the Alliance uses the Stormwinder Lion. It would be like the Kaldorei using Azshara's ancient crest.

Although, Lordaeron is now a smoldering crater and an increasing number of Forsaken aren't Lordaeron...ians (Lords? Do you just call them Lords? Lordish? Who knows, Lordaeronian sounds awkward. Maybe Lordaerish?) so maybe the L should be retired to history altogether.

On topic, I think the Horde is trying to do a council kind of thing, which makes sense anyway because it's a collective of usually-at-odds nations who really shouldn't have any respect for the Legion-spawned orcish tradition of warchief. I don't even know why orcs keep using that. It wasn't a thing until the Legion started influencing them in the first place, IIRC.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2019-12-15 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ok, seems i am not the only one that do not like Baines character/writing. but, keep voting. interessting to see what ppl think
    I learned a while ago the toxic nature of the wow community, and this forum in particular, really matters for very little.

The thing abuot Saurfang is that he still ruined his own position by his own actions and then acted like he did nothing wrong. Abandonning his post, refusing to interact with his forces and opting instead to go to the Alliance and STAY with them instead of participating in the jailbreak. I know he wasn't the original target but that dismissal in the Stockades doesn't help his case and makes his later departure look much worse. And in the end when the army of the alliance is brought to the gates of Orgrimmar with Saurfang apparently in charge? Yeah.... patriot appearance is questionable and only sustained because of story railroading.

Still though he was better than Baine cause Saurfang didn't start his bullshit targeting horde personnel at least and waited until he was directly targeted before REALLY starting shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    I'm an Alliance player and I vote Yes.
    Same here,but only since Yrel is busy atm :-)

On a more serious note...baine might be honorable...but he's no leader and gave no reason (other than beeing the son of..) for others to follow him.

Thrall shhould go back to lead the horde. He messed it up - he should fix it.

Worst alliance character disguising himself as horde one ever. Voting no because anything else would be treason to the true horde. Not the red alliance that mad burger steak tries to pin on us.

No, because I feel like the Horde doesn't need a Warchief right now. Half the time that just ends badly. The Horde needs a council that has multiple opinions and makes joint decisions.