Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Police Unions.
    The one union the right can get behind because you need your enforcers for authoritarianism. Union for regular workers though? Nah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep this is a Union issue they can't fire him because they would be on the hook for a lawsuit along with whatever is coming from that kids kid or the state. I don't agree with it, but there you have it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Paid leave as in, "the video depicts a situation where the officer might have been justified"?

That's the only why a office should be granted paid leave when a video is being investigated.

Whoever determined that the above applies to this guy is full of it. There's nothing that justifies the behavior of the officer in this video its not even just one aggressive push/hit that skirts the line of reasonable for, no was the kid even being physically aggressive. The LEO not only felt the need to put hands on the child but to so repeatedly in an attempt to cause great pain and suffering.

The person who granted paid leave should also be fired. If that person was bound by some sort of law/rules then that rule/law must be amended because the flaw is looking at them right in the eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yep this is a Union issue they can't fire him because they would be on the hook for a lawsuit along with whatever is coming from that kids kid or the state. I don't agree with it, but there you have it.
    This is a case where you say 'screw it, take it to court if you want it like that.'

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, fuck that. I don't care if the kid was spewing racial slurs at the officer and telling him he was gonna fuck his mom. The officer's the adult, and can deal with the child without turning into a raging fucktard of a human being.

The officer shouldn't be on leave. He should be fired, with cause, all benefits revoked, and he should be criminally charged with physically abusing a minor. A few years in gen pop is what that fucker deserves.

Cops should have far less leeway on shit like this than anyone else. The reaction to an officer acting like this should be aggressive and they should be facing the highest penalties for their crimes, not having them swept under the rug. And any fellow officers who try and keep this stuff quiet, rather than going right to IA and their chief to report this guy needs to be doing prison time with him.

Sure, give the guy a day to turn himself in, out of respect for a fellow officer. If he hasn't, report that abusive fucker and get him off the goddamned force. If you know they're doing something like this and you're not turning your colleagues in, you're a bad cop too, and need to be off the force and charged with aiding and abetting.
    I can't believe I'm actually in 100% agreement with an Endus statement, but I am.

Cop was a grade A 100% asshat. The kid could say literally anything and to me, nothing would ever warrant that response. If cops are going to preside over people like god and be an actual authority, they should be of a higher standard than the people they're in charge of defending. There was no threat of actual harm there. Nothing that could be construed as resistance. The cop just didn't like something about the kid and ape'd out.

Should be fired, charged with assault, and left to rot in the streets.

Hope the officer ends up in prison where he belongs. Don't really care what the kid said if he even said anything.

he should have been fired

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Hiring and firing is not a matter of "guilty or not guilty" in a court of law sure... they have that right, but in this sense, I would say there should be clear provisions.
    The reason they do that is because of standard operating procedure, that helps prevent the government hopefully avoid liability towards the offending officer. You don't want this guy to get a conviction, then sue the city for mishandling his case for millions of dollars, regardless of whether that subsequent lawsuit would ultimately be successful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Smaller departments lend themselves to just easier corruption.

I personally know of a literal murder swept under the rug in a small town by the sheriff who knew the family, it's just... fucked...
    Then report it to the FBI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dafuj View Post
    He should have the same thing done to him as he did to the child. That'll teach him to hurt someone ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by riptor7364 View Post
    Law enforcement is a well protected community, operating in ways like the mafia, and it's even more prevalent in government and in the media.

In a lot of cases these are well connected groups, friends of friends, sons of police chiefs, daughters of senators, etc.. This is one of the main reasons you see so many unqualified people in positions of power. A lot of them were simply born into it.

In this case.. who knows what set this guy off. Obviously a bit much.. I am however in favor of adults being a little rougher on kids. I think the "youth" have been spoiled rotten and given way, way too much freedom today. Children don't respect adults like they used to, but yeah this guy throw the kid around like that, he could have easily, EASILY killed him doing that.

Pretty confident the kid was back talking to provoke an action like that.. and while I understand it's not socially acceptable to advise physical violence, some kids honestly just need a good hard slap across the face to give them a quick reality check.
    With this attitude, maybe best you dont have kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dafuj View Post
    He should be imprisoned