Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    My guild decided to stop raiding until 8.3 after we got to Za'qul in October due to player burnout and recruiting being near impossible on a low pop server. We were the only mythic guild on the entire server.
    I feel that pain, I PM'd around 60-70 healers who were looking for a guild before I could find one to trial for our mythic guild. Game is in such a sorry ass state right now for mythic raiding. With Azsahra having like the 2nd lowest completion rate

My guild decided to stop raiding until 8.3 after we got to Za'qul in October due to player burnout and recruiting being near impossible on a low pop server. I'm crossing my fingers they do something about these low pop realms and connect us to bigger ones because it is brutal.

As far as tuning goes, BFA was our first time raiding on the hardest difficulty in a few expansions and we did get CE Jaina but I think that nearly killed the guild then because wiping to a boss 350 times isn't appealing.

If you raid on a low pop server you need to be able to feel out the mood on your team and be recruiting pretty much always. Running out of players towards the end of a tier is almost invariably a leadership problem, not a game problem.

My guild is on a fairly low pop realm.

You also need to start the tier with a 26-30 person roster.
    Last edited by asil; 2020-01-06 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    If you raid on a low pop server you need to be able to feel out the mood on your team and be recruiting pretty much always. Running out of players towards the end of a tier is almost invariably a leadership problem, not a game problem.

My guild is on a fairly low pop realm.

You also need to start the tier with a 26-30 person roster.
    It's not like we weren't actively trying to recruit the entire time.

We are the only mythic guild on our server and maybe the right decision would've been to just recruit a bunch of 8/8H players locally and gear them up because nobody wanted to transfer to our server.

Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    And I do get that not everyone wants to be done with a raid in a week or two, but that's what some of us like to do.
    Then you're not the average guild. Some doesn't mean you represent the average. Your average raider nor has the means nor wants to be finished in a week or two.

- - - Updated - - -

recruiting being near impossible on a low pop server.
    This. Why are we still hanging on to having servers for romantic notions of "server identity" when we can't get people to fill our fixed 20m raids.

The game being generally shitty right now, classic coming out, and the lack of any skips in this raid were absolutely brutal on the Mythic raid scene this tier. Difficulty was not a problem imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    This is rather reason why mythic guilds lossing players than any stupid post about some made up grind. Gear resets every patch = why bother to get mythic gear, I can see content in LFR = why bother do mythic, Mythic+ is far easyer and rewards same or better gear = why bother with mythic, I buy token for 20 dollars, get boosted and get all rewards without any effort = why bother with mythic. It rather raiding become super unrewarding experience and those few what does mythic force themself to do it just for challenge but thats for many people super weak motivation to actualy push mythic.

Maybe it's just me...but isn't the whole gearing (including during the mythic raid itself) is...to kill the end boss? Not gearing for the sake of "having the bestest of the bestest gear".

Also, I'm far from hardcore player but I would NEVER even consider buying a boost, even if it was just 20$ (and it isn't). Raiding is rising up to the challenge, what's the point of letting other people to carry you? (False) braggin rights? Gear?

I'm not naive. I know lots of players buy boosts early in orther to get gear and AoTC faster for various reasons (better chance of pugging). Not for me, a filthy casual, I prefer dying beautifull than living ugly.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Then you're not the average guild. Some doesn't mean you represent the average. Your average raider nor has the means nor wants to be finished in a week or two.

- - - Updated - - -

This. Why are we still hanging on to having servers for romantic notions of "server identity" when we can't get people to fill our fixed 20m raids.
    Well blizz prob makes a killing on those transfers. They are like £15 each I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    It's an issue I had when I was raiding at my peak and was a top 30-50 US guild: the server population eventually couldn't support our guild despite constantly recruiting, and the guild had to eventually end because we couldn't get people to transfer to our server.

People want to know why M+ shot up as an insanely popularly form of end-game? It's partly the gear, but for your average player it's the accessibility. M+ does not have weekly lockouts, and more importantly it's cross-server. Mythic raiding is the only WoW activity that's strictly server-only for an extended period of time, and by the time it becomes cross-server the guilds on medium/low pop servers (aka, almost all the servers) who are having issues with maintaining or attracting a roster are already bored from spam-running heroic and burned out from raiding mythic with potentially sub-par people because you don't have a choice.

The retort is always "Well, just server transfer!", but that's a weak argument in itself at this point. Why should people pay extra money so they can feasibly play certain content in the game if they happened to roll on the "wrong" server or their server has dwindled since they started playing? In this day and age, it makes zero sense to try to hold onto ideals that died a long time ago in WoW and barely anyone cares about in the player base.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I feel that pain, I PM'd around 60-70 healers who were looking for a guild before I could find one to trial for our mythic guild. Game is in such a sorry ass state right now for mythic raiding. With Azsahra having like the 2nd lowest completion rate
    But Azshara doesn't have an unusual completion rate for the period of the expansion it is in. That's probably why we are not seeing more nerfs. It's been killed by more guilds than previous expansion's equivalents - KJ & Blackhand.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    But Azshara doesn't have an unusual completion rate for the period of the expansion it is in. That's probably why we are not seeing more nerfs. It's been killed by more guilds than previous expansion's equivalents - KJ & Blackhand.
    Blackhand should be compared to gul’dan; azshara came out after almost a year of BFA

Honestly Azshara isn't even the hardest boss, Za'Qul is the true last boss of this patch imo. if you can get 7/8 you can easily go 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Well blizz prob makes a killing on those transfers. They are like £15 each I think.
    And that's the problem, if my guild wants to be able to "play the game" we have to either spend millions of gold transferring or hundreds of dollars.

During the Blizzcon QA someone asked about realm population and mythic raiding and Ion responded with "we will be discussing this internally next week" so I really hope they do something. I don't really understand why they can't just connect us to a bigger realm.

And KJ was so very similar to the Azshara fight in the way it's just not fun and frustratingly demands perfection. I loved Jaina progression and the kill. I did not have fun on Azshara at all. It was just repetition with horrible intermissions that have nothing to do with class or player skill.

Honestly Azshara isn't even the hardest boss, Za'Qul is the true last boss of this patch imo. if you can get 7/8 you can easily go 8/8
    Thats now cause azshara is on a wheelchair, with the stop dps strat for zaqul hes a meme unless your delirium dps are monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Thats now cause azshara is on a wheelchair, with the stop dps strat for zaqul hes a meme unless your delirium dps are monkeys.
    I indeed raid with monkeys :/

Bloodsail Admiral
    And that's the problem, if my guild wants to be able to "play the game" we have to either spend millions of gold transferring or hundreds of dollars.

During the Blizzcon QA someone asked about realm population and mythic raiding and Ion responded with "we will be discussing this internally next week" so I really hope they do something. I don't really understand why they can't just connect us to a bigger realm.
    Oh yea between transfers and faction changes, I have spent nearly £300 just finding a guild, and then it dying out. I personally hate this closed server bull. It’s 2020, mega server tech exists.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Mythic progress is just to tight. I'm happy that the cutting edge can have a difficult race, but us guilds floating around top 2000 are bursting at the seams.
    It started in BoD and continued this tier. My guild has just stopped progress after achieving the Court kill. It's just too exhausting.

We're not alone in this apparently. It feels like the 1500 to 3000 range of guilds is crumbling away. Either that or classic killed a thousand raids, because my guild suddenly jumped a thousand spots from last tier to this one. In my 12 years of raidleading, I've never experienced something like this.

From Ashvane onwards the bosses are just unforgivingingly tight. Lose more players than your rez count and you can reset. It used to be that you can yeet a boss with one or two dead, but I can't even justify letting our elderly ret paladin play on progress night. There's a lot of newfound resentment and frustration among my raiders towards the players that are performing *just* average numbers or fail more than once on any given mechanic.

Unlike older tiers, there's basically no power gain. Since titanforging got nerfed hard and AP caps at 70, it feels like we're stagnating while running against a wall. Normally I could say 'We're a little bit more powerful next week, lets try again', but that's not happening. Every week clearing Orgozoa is just as hard and tight as the first time.

We don't want to be gifted an Azshara kill, we just don't want to feel like we're grinding to dust on a wall. Throw us a bone Blizz, will ya?
    I really hope that Ny'alotha's corruption re-introduces a rolling power gain to help with progress blockers, because we're burning out over here.
    Sounds like you're more of a heroic guild. If you recruit a few better players in key spots I'm positive you'll kill Mythic Azshara.

Lmao what. Queen is leaps and bounds harder than za'qul. My guild wiped less on za'qul than ashvane/orgo/QC. za'qul is an absolute joke of a boss.

Queen isn't that bad since the nerf, but she's a hell of a lot worse than za'qul.
    Last edited by asil; 2020-01-06 at 04:58 PM.

I indeed raid with monkeys :/
    If you wipe on zaqul yeah, most of the time the only ones to blame are the delirium dps not doing their job on killing the echo and/or dying early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    If you wipe on zaqul yeah, most of the time the only ones to blame are the delirium dps not doing their job on killing the echo and/or dying early on.
    Delirium, and tentacles. Anyone who dies to tentacles just kills my soul a little inside