Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    If you're hitting the enrage timer on wrathion you've got way bigger problems than corrupts my man. That's some straight up awful play across the board. You're doing something very wrong if you enrage on that boss, corrupts or no corrupts.

Guilds kill that boss with 3-4 dead dps. I didn't even know that boss had an enrage timer. I am honestly baffled as to how that even happens, you guys have to be afking for most of the fight.
    If the guilds you're talking about are the world first racers then yeah that makes sense, it's their job to be as geared as possible. We've got a varying team of bad players and good ones but got to queens court last tier so that's not terrible. I guess you could classify that as above average progression? The fights are absolutely tuned for corruption, some of them are basically legion legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    If the guilds you're talking about are the world first racers then yeah that makes sense, it's their job to be as geared as possible. We've got a varying team of bad players and good ones but got to queens court last tier so that's not terrible. I guess you could classify that as above average progression? The fights are absolutely tuned for corruption, some of them are basically legion legendaries.
    They're also tuned for higher ilvl cloaks, which will give a mainstat proc soon. Plus they always nerf mythic after the WF race is over.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I am telling you right now if you killed orgo mythic last tier and are enraging on wrathion you are doing something very, very wrong. You're taking way too long on the shards or something.

There are 11min kills on that boss with people doing literally 30k dps. Corrupts are probably a factor on the bosses after like the 3rd, but wrathion is not based on corrupts. It's tuned super low, as in you could do it with 0 corrupts if people do over 30k dps.

I think wrathion probably has too much hp for an entry level boss, but there's like no dps check there unless a bunch of people are afking.

Do you have logs?
    Last edited by asil; 2020-01-31 at 10:03 AM.

Do you have logs?
    The name docterfreeze leads to a DK on US-Fenris on WoWProg who is linked to a hunter main Foctordreeze who is AOTC with a 470 gun. Plugging that back into WCL we get a 65.8% best heroic parsing MM hunter.

Guild mythic log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1

He's at #1 for his guild at 42.6k dps, everyone else is sub-40k, and a few sub-30k, overall for the night.

They've got an h-pal pulling 42k HPS and healing is led by their mistweaver monk (over disc, battle sham, hpal).

Their best pull listed was only a 10:01 fight, which featured dps between 60k and 38k, and doesn't appear to be an enrage given there are lots of kills over 11 mins on WCL.

Edit: and appears he never had QC, and only got Orgo once on Dec 12 (post nerf IIRC). He had 7 weeks on Radiance/Behemoth/Ashvane, implying he never progged on those but came in after the guild had progged to Orgo.
    Last edited by bullseyed; 2020-01-31 at 04:45 PM.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

If you're hitting the enrage timer on wrathion you've got way bigger problems than corrupts my man. That's some straight up awful play across the board. You're doing something very wrong if you enrage on that boss, corrupts or no corrupts.

Guilds kill that boss with 3-4 dead dps. I didn't even know that boss had an enrage timer. I am honestly baffled as to how that even happens, you guys have to be afking for most of the fight.
    I am telling you right now if you killed orgo mythic last tier and are enraging on wrathion you are doing something very, very wrong. You're taking way too long on the shards or something.

There are 11min kills on that boss with people doing literally 30k dps. Corrupts are probably a factor on the bosses after like the 3rd, but wrathion is not based on corrupts. It's tuned super low, as in you could do it with 0 corrupts if people do over 30k dps.

I think wrathion probably has too much hp for an entry level boss, but there's like no dps check there unless a bunch of people are afking.

Do you have logs?
    Bullshit. I checked my guild's kill, which is 10:45 and it's past enrage cuz both tanks died from berserk hits, so enrage is like 10:30.

There was 1 dps dead only, so these aren't examples of "kills with multiple dps dead".

Our last dps excluding the dead guy was 34k. Our top dps was 48k, which was 98% parse. Even the dead guy amounted to 28k dps (18 mil damage provided before he died).

There's absolutely no way this can be attributed to "afking" or "idling on the shards", the shards are spread around and there's no way of controlling where they land, we already had high mobility classes taking the debuff to open the shards faster, and we had 3 warlocks and a boomkin topping damage on them already so it's not the case of having worst setup possible for killing them.

I can get behind 1st boss not being a pushover that is insta puggable, it's a nice difference, but we're a CE guild, I imagine less progressed guilds might struggle a lot on him.

P.S. Also 4 healers as opposed to 5 from the linked log of that hunter.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-01-31 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Bullshit. I checked my guild's kill, which is 10:45 and it's past enrage cuz both tanks died from berserk hits, so enrage is like 10:30.

There was 1 dps dead only, so these aren't examples of "kills with multiple dps dead".

Our last dps excluding the dead guy was 34k. Our top dps was 48k, which was 98% parse. Even the dead guy amounted to 28k dps (18 mil damage provided before he died).

There's absolutely no way this can be attributed to "afking" or "idling on the shards", the shards are spread around and there's no way of controlling where they land, we already had high mobility classes taking the debuff to open the shards faster, and we had 3 warlocks and a boomkin topping damage on them already so it's not the case of having worst setup possible for killing them.

I can get behind 1st boss not being a pushover that is insta puggable, it's a nice difference, but we're a CE guild, I imagine less progressed guilds might struggle a lot on him.

P.S. Also 4 healers as opposed to 5 from the linked log of that hunter.
    Watch this, ready for this?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Here's an 11 31 kill with people dead/grey parsing and doing like no dps. If you enrage on wrathion you are absolutely trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    The name docterfreeze leads to a DK on US-Fenris on WoWProg who is linked to a hunter main Foctordreeze who is AOTC with a 470 gun. Plugging that back into WCL we get a 65.8% best heroic parsing MM hunter.

Guild mythic log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1

He's at #1 for his guild at 42.6k dps, everyone else is sub-40k, and a few sub-30k, overall for the night.

They've got an h-pal pulling 42k HPS and healing is led by their mistweaver monk (over disc, battle sham, hpal).

Their best pull listed was only a 10:01 fight, which featured dps between 60k and 38k, and doesn't appear to be an enrage given there are lots of kills over 11 mins on WCL.

Edit: and appears he never had QC, and only got Orgo once on Dec 12 (post nerf IIRC). He had 7 weeks on Radiance/Behemoth/Ashvane, implying he never progged on those but came in after the guild had progged to Orgo.
    Mostly true. Raided with them in uldir on the hunter and BoD on a priest but got burned out before they killed oppulence. They went on to kill rastakan. I came back with a warlock when they were progging on ashvane & killed it but ended up not liking the class.

To explain the 10 minute best pull, wrathion enrages right after the third shard phase so we just let the scales go unsoaked to wipe faster since he was too healthy.

All my heroic parses are pre nzoth gun

Ultimately i'm in the wrong, I knew we had low performing players but never actually looked to see how low they really were. Problem is that we don't have a bench. We're on a merged dead server and hardly get new players, let alone new mythic raiders. A better group could've killed him without more corruption.

Watch this, ready for this?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Here's an 11 31 kill with people dead/grey parsing and doing like no dps. If you enrage on wrathion you are absolutely trolling.
    Yeah with mage and 2 locks having op corruptions and pumping like no tomorrow and double bloodlust due to timing... I guess the secret is to actually extend the shard phase because apparently you can, if the berserk isn't on a strict timer rather "after 3rd assassin phase", because they got it later than my guild.

You're showing a log where a fire mage got literally world rank 1 parse. I'd like to know how many top parsers an average "we barely killed Orgozoa / Queen's court last tier" guild has.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yeah with mage and 2 locks having op corruptions and pumping like no tomorrow and double bloodlust due to timing... I guess the secret is to actually extend the shard phase because apparently you can, if the berserk isn't on a strict timer rather "after 3rd assassin phase", because they got it later than my guild.

You're showing a log where a fire mage got literally world rank 1 parse. I'd like to know how many top parsers an average "we barely killed Orgozoa / Queen's court last tier" guild has.

Fam that is not "pumping" 2 warlocks with a 90th percentile and a 98th percentile don't make up for like 4 grey parsers and dead dps.

I don't know how to make this clear, if you enrage on wrathion it wasn't due to corruption, but a bunch of your players simply just playing very poorly.

IMAGINE BEING AN UNEMPLOYED/UNDEREMPLOYED/UNMARRIED/RENTER/UNSKILLED individual who priorities repeating video games on different difficulities to aquire an achievement that is meaningless in 6 months.

LITERALLY SACRAFICING YOUR LIFE TO PIXELS.

LITERAL VIRGLORD SHIT.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-02-01 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    IMAGINE BEING AN UNEMPLOYED/UNDEREMPLOYED/UNMARRIED/RENTER/UNSKILLED individual who priorities repeating video games on different difficulities to aquire an achievement that is meaningless in 6 months.

LITERALLY SACRAFICING YOUR LIFE TO PIXELS.

LITERAL VIRGLORD SHIT.
    Imagine being so bad you think it's not possible to clear mythic in 2 to 3 nights a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Imagine being so bad you think it's not possible to clear mythic in 2 to 3 nights a week.
    Imagine posting on a videogame forum once a day for 4 years.

And no, its not possible to clear mythic in 2-3 nights a week.

Fuck off.

Imagine posting on a videogame forum once a day for 4 years.

Fuck off.
    It's very possible lol. There are top 100 3 night guilds. Also most of my posts happen over a short period of time aka when the races go on.

Been doing it for ~11 years. Many guilds have.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    Been doing it for ~11 years. Many guilds have.
    It's very possible lol. There are top 100 3 night guilds. Also most of my posts happen over a short period of time aka when the races go on.
    3 Night guilds does not mean 3 nights, its 3 nights of raiding, 5-7 days of dalies/world quests and 1-3 days of m+ depending how early you are in the patch cycle.
    Last edited by Spicymemer; 2020-02-01 at 08:23 AM.

3 Night raids does not mean 3 nights, its 3 nights of raiding, 5-7 days of dalies/world quests and 1-3 days of m+ depending how early you are in the patch cycle.
    So a whole 30 mins a day maybe an hour early on? Last I checked you don't need to be unemployed or have no social life to spend 30 mins doing dailies.

So a whole 30 mins a day maybe an hour early on? Last I checked you don't need to be unemployed or have no social life to spend 30 mins doing dailies.
    Its not 30 minutes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that's a total lie. It might be 30 minutes for people who get 75 in few weeks, but not for those who did it in week one. 30 minutes might be enough to do dailes in one invasion zone + minor vision, but that's a miniscule amount of AP. There's islands. Another invasion. AP world quests. Killing rares for even more AP. Mythic+. Horrific visions. It all adds up to a far larger amount than merely half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Now that's a total lie. It might be 30 minutes for people who get 75 in few weeks, but not for those who did it in week one. 30 minutes might be enough to do dailes in one invasion zone + minor vision, but that's a miniscule amount of AP. There's islands. Another invasion. AP world quests. Killing rares for even more AP. Mythic+. Horrific visions. It all adds up to a far larger amount than merely half an hour.
    You don't need any of that. Just do the daily small invasion and big invasion once a week and maybe 3xM islands.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You don't need any of that. Just do the daily small invasion and big invasion once a week and maybe 3xM islands.
    You are not getting decent neck level doing just that. Neither invasion gives AP. Islands weekly + 3 islands will be, what, 4000? I mean, I get that 8.3 AP grind has been greatly reduced compared to previous patches, but let's not lie to ourselves.

Realistically, by "invasion" you mean "kill dozen rares, probably realm hopping to do it quickly", since that's a sizeable chunk of AP.