Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally, I stepped aside as a mythic mt during BoD because the mythic raids didn’t offer enough rewards over the other difficulties.

There’s no mythic only bosses, mythic only gear drops, etc... mounts are hardly the reward they once were when there are thousands in game.

Give mythic legendary drops that can only drop off mythic difficulty. Give an incentive beyond a silly ilvl that means nothing because the heroic crowd isn’t far behind, and gear loses value when there’s 10 different variations of it

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Personally, I stepped aside as a mythic mt during BoD because the mythic raids didn’t offer enough rewards over the other difficulties.

There’s no mythic only bosses, mythic only gear drops, etc... mounts are hardly the reward they once were when there are thousands in game.

Give mythic legendary drops that can only drop off mythic difficulty. Give an incentive beyond a silly ilvl that means nothing because the heroic crowd isn’t far behind, and gear loses value when there’s 10 different variations of it
    Why do people like you care about that elitist nonsense? Do you only play video games that reward you with something cosmetic in game at the end? You never play games just for the challenge or completions sake? Play every game on easy mode cause hard doesn't reward anything it's just harder.

I could care less if heroic/mythic dropped the same item level gear, I do it for the personal achievement and completion of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonoxx View Post
    Why do people like you care about that elitist nonsense? Do you only play video games that reward you with something cosmetic in game at the end? You never play games just for the challenge or completions sake? Play every game on easy mode cause hard doesn't reward anything it's just harder.
    WoW is a game that has character progression at its core.

I mean, i'm not doing a +15 Key every week because i enjoy M+ so much or stop raiding after N'zoth Mythic is dead.
    After all, when i finish a challenging game, i also don't repeat it once per week for the sake of it.

If other people draw their fun out of challenge alone, that's fair, but if you put in more effort (in this case, tackling a greater challenge) it's rather natural to also expect greater rewards in a game that's essentially built upon rewarding the player with more power.

10+ Year Old Account

I could care less if heroic/mythic dropped the same item level gear, I do it for the personal achievement and completion of the game.
    You can name call them all you want, but there is nothing wrong with this attitude. I don't raid Mythic anymore either. I haven't in ages. Hell I probably wouldn't be as good as I used to be and would get my ass kicked. But I still agree they deserve more. They should get special things like unique gear or fights. WoW is a social game, and it is cool to be seen as one of the best players in said social game. Don't hate cause they play a different way.

How many weeks after the release of a new raid should the last boss be killed by 50% of guilds so that the difficulty is considered appropriate?

Considering the first guilds that cleared mythic n'zoth where using less gear then the majority of guilds that are trying to get a kill now, what would be the reason for this gap?

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    How many weeks after the release of a new raid should the last boss be killed by 50% of guilds so that the difficulty is considered appropriate?

Considering the first guilds that cleared mythic n'zoth where using less gear then the majority of guilds that are trying to get a kill now, what would be the reason for this gap?
    A lot of the gap is just class stacking flexibility. A lot of class stacks are just vastly superior at dealing with certain encounter types than others. That difference is far more significant than gear or even corruptions.

Haves and have nots is at the very essence of mmorpgs. If mmorpgs are meant to mimic real life in some ways and generate a real world, it doesn’t make sense for everyone to be a winner.

And yes, if I’m willing to play at a higher level and play mythic raids I expect to be compensated more than just a few higher stats on the same exact gear as other difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdaddy View Post
    I agree there was mechanics bloat, but and I feel like non-end bosses should only have a few core mechanics, but they should have added additional mechanics/phases to N'Zoth.

Example: Nightwell, which should be the template for all raid design IMO
    - First few bosses are very straightforward, mechanics hinted at in dungeons
    - Some mid bosses have a core mechanic that's challenging but after a couple nights, most people will "get it" (Star Augur, Ellisande)
    - End boss has a few different phases with vastly different mechanics (Gul'dan)
    lol did you ever tryed pre nerf Star Augur? i had around ~750 puls on him till he died thats 2 months of raid time for non-progress guilds
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    lol did you ever tryed pre nerf Star Augur? i had around ~750 puls on him till he died thats 2 months of raid time for non-progress guilds
    Not trying to be a dick, but why raid mythic then if you need 750 wipes on a boss?

Not trying to be a dick, but why raid mythic then if you need 750 wipes on a boss?
    you say i shouldn't raid a mythic because i have a world rank 46 Star Augur kill, are you trolling me?? i hope so at least for you.

If not ill explain it, pre nerf star auger had an overlap in p2 felnova combined with Grand Conjunction this shit insagibed the wohle raid if only 1 person fucked up the slightest (this overlap alone caused alot rng wipes 200+) and you didnt had the dmg to brun him so he dont cast the overlap nova, you could after blizz nefed 10% hp and you got better gear.
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-02-20 at 11:11 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

His group did. Many of those shit tier guilds have some exceptional players in there, but for some reason they don't want to go up the chain, they remain in their cesspool because they like the people there or because they don't want extra grinding, like maintaining an alt or two that comes with a higher ranked guild.

Tbh Method had 700+ wipes on Uunat in Crucible, I don't know how is that an argument.
    Pretty sure they had similar number on Kil'jaeden because he was overtuned af and nerfed after 3 days.

Star Augur was tuned around max artifact rank (that gave you 10% extra dps) before 8.2 so not surprised a lot of guilds were banging heads against a wall if they came to the boss early on, and people didn't farm their asses off in Maw of Souls.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-02-21 at 01:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

These is no “lesser gear” this tier, especially when their gbank had tabs and tabs of boes

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    These is no “lesser gear” this tier, especially when their gbank had tabs and tabs of boes
    If anything they cleared last boss with better gear because they stacked echoing void corrupted items that since has been nerfed by 50%.

I'm liking this raid on Mythic, as a non-CE player.
    3/12M atm, pulled Shadhar for an hour and I love the "Feed angry dog before dog eats you" kind of theme, it feels organic and in character.

In my original realm there where some very decent guilds, but instead of the players concentrating in those, they started splitting cause most dont like tk warm the bench which resulted in one decent guild that is 9/12 atm and a shittload guilds at 3/12; the gap is huge!

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    His group did. Many of those shit tier guilds have some exceptional players in there, but for some reason they don't want to go up the chain, they remain in their cesspool because they like the people there or because they don't want extra grinding, like maintaining an alt or two that comes with a higher ranked guild.
    I don't think this is accurate. Our guild does not require alts and does not do splits on 3 nights. We are nothing special typically ranking between US 92-US250 depending on the state of the roster and the tier. We didn't even have anywhere near 750 wipes on Azhsara much less Star Augur... and nothing current this tier would need anywhere near that many wipes.

If you want to climb the chain to top 50 US you will probably need to maintain an alt but there is a pretty big range up to the top 500 that will not require that. With all the added grinds I think asking for 1-2 alts is a bigger and bigger ask for normal mythic caliber players. Those are not the 'cesspool' guilds that are miles away from CE when the tier is almost over.

In my original realm there where some very decent guilds, but instead of the players concentrating in those, they started splitting cause most dont like tk warm the bench which resulted in one decent guild that is 9/12 atm and a shittload guilds at 3/12; the gap is huge!
    It makes little sense for 1 raiding team to have more than 25-30 players on its roster so I don't see how players that are enough to form 3 guilds or more "should concentrate in one" instead.

And a player that can't get past 4th boss on mythic is not very likely to fit into 9/12 guild unless he's that much better than everyone around him, then guess what, apply somewhere else and transfer? That's the only option we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this raid is plenty easy really.

We're 2 nights 3 hour guild and already 7/12M. There are some real throwaway bosses there like Maut, Shadhar and Skitra (lol). Skitra we literally killed in one pull. That's already pretty chill 4/12 there and Vexiona/Hivemind are not that much harder either. I'd say the only bullshit frustrating boss so far is (obviously) Xanesh which is basically Maiden of Vigilance 2.0 - 1 mistake in the core mechanic and it's a wipe.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're vastly underestimating Shad'har for a low level mythic guild. It's a massive healing check that's way harder than any of the first three - unless people are being retarded on Maut damage reflect phase. Hivemind is a huge step in mechanics lethality (even if they are quite simple on their own) and burst dps check and Xanesh is just weird fight that is both 'easy' and frustrating as hell.

The main advantage is having a choice, instead of being stonewalled by Ashvane with no other option. If people are good at interrupts and aiming the orb, even Xanesh could be a pushover. (until you look at healing meters and realize that there's actually a fuckton of damage there, even if it doesn't feel like it)