Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Rumble is talking about coming back. This time at heavyweight.
    Yes, I found out in August 2019.Tentatively first battle June-July 2020

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    Yes, I found out in August 2019.Tentatively first battle June-July 2020
    How did you find out in August, if he didn't tell ANYONE until late late last year. Like Oct/November?

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH (Hometown: Philadelphia, PA)
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    Shogun and Wanderlei lost to Henderson.
    So? Overeem was ktfo by a few fighters you didn't list but he's still on there.
    “Populists (and 'national socialists') look at the supposedly secret deals that run the world 'behind the scenes'. Child's play. Except that childishness is sinister in adults.”
    - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    How did you find out in August, if he didn't tell ANYONE until late late last year. Like Oct/November?
    One of the articles is dated August 28:
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/2...nt-misdemeanor

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    So? Overeem was ktfo by a few fighters you didn't list but he's still on there.
    Overeem knocked out Lesnar, Dos Santos, Hunt, Orlovsky, Belfort by the decision of the judges.
    There are only those "badass guys" who are already legends of striking technique in MMA in fact.
    These guys have already left a legacy.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    1. Brock Lesnar
    2. "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock
    3. Matt Riddle
    4. Bobby Lashley
    5. Jake Hager
    6. Ronda Rousey
    7. New Jack w/ a gun when referee isn't looking
    8. Kurt Angle
    9. Shayna Baszler
    10. CM Punk

    Honorable mention: Cain Valesquez (sp?)
    BROCK LESNAR on ONE?

    WHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

    He shouldn't even be on this list. Neither should Ronda.

    Seriously though, I'd say;

    1. Mirko Filipovic
    2. Jon Jones
    3. Anderson Silva
    3. Jose Aldo
    4. Bas Rutten
    5. Conor McGregor
    6. Mauricio Rua/Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    7. Vitor Belfort/Fedor Emelianenko
    8. Chuck Lidell
    9. Lyoto Machida/Israel Adesanya
    10. Wanderlei Silva

    Something in that order.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-01-08 at 10:46 AM.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    BROCK LESNAR on ONE?

    WHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

    He shouldn't even be on this list. Neither should Ronda.

    Seriously though, I'd say;

    1. Mirko Filipovic
    2. Jon Jones
    3. Anderson Silva
    3. Jose Aldo
    4. Bas Rutten
    5. Conor McGregor
    6. Mauricio Rua/Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    7. Vitor Belfort/Fedor Emelianenko
    8. Chuck Lidell
    9. Lyoto Machida
    10. Wanderlei Silva

    Something in that order.
    I think that McGregor and Aldo will be killed by such giants as Fedor, Rumble, Ngannou, Overeem, Hunt, Cigano.))

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    I think that McGregor and Aldo will be killed by such giants as Fedor, Rumble, Ngannou, Overeem, Hunt, Cigano.))
    You don't say, captain obvious. When was the last time you saw a light weight fight a heavy weight?
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    You don't say, captain obvious. When was the last time you saw a light weight fight a heavy weight?
    I guess I just didn’t understand your top, because I built my top regardless of the weight category. Your top reflects the skill of the fighting technique of the fighter, but not its strength in all MMA among all the fighters. And MacGregor should be higher than Aldo, I won’t even become explain why.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    I guess I just didn’t understand your top, because I built my top regardless of the weight category. Your top reflects the skill of the fighting technique of the fighter, but not its strength in all MMA among all the fighters. And MacGregor should be higher than Aldo, I won’t even become explain why.
    That assumption is just stupid. I don't give two fucks about your willingness to explain anything, you've already shown your lack of expertise which directly undermines any explanation you'd attempt to give.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That assumption is just stupid. I don't give two fucks about your willingness to explain anything, you've already shown your lack of expertise which directly undermines any explanation you'd attempt to give.
    Why is there so much aggression? What happened?))

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    Why is there so much aggression? What happened?))
    Because I called that assumption stupid and used the word "fuck"? There's no aggression here bud, don't worry.

    Dangerous strikers aren't defined by their weight, but by their striking skills. Fighting skill is defined pound-for-pound, which means that Demetrious Johnson would probably be mauled by Mark Hunt, even though he's a much better fighter.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-01-08 at 11:02 AM.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Because I called that assumption stupid and used the word "fuck"? There's no aggression here bud, don't worry.

    Dangerous strikers aren't defined by their weight, but by their striking skills. Fighting skill is defined pound-for-pound, which means that Demetrious Johnson would probably be mauled by Mark Hunt, even though he's a much better fighter.
    What the hell is "Mighty Mouse". Is he striker?))

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Because I called that assumption stupid and used the word "fuck"? There's no aggression here bud, don't worry.

    Dangerous strikers aren't defined by their weight, but by their striking skills. Fighting skill is defined pound-for-pound, which means that Demetrious Johnson would probably be mauled by Mark Hunt, even though he's a much better fighter.
    I’m repeating specifically for you Caps-lock: TOP NOT THE BEST FIGHTER, TOP MOST DANGEROUS STRIKERS IN MMA REGARDLESS OF WEIGHT CATEGORY.

  13. #33
    Actually the most dangerous is prolly Rousimar Palhares for really trying to damage people by holding hooks and submission for too long.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnowItAll View Post
    Actually the most dangerous is prolly Rousimar Palhares for really trying to damage people by holding hooks and submission for too long.
    Keep your feet away from him)))

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    What the hell is "Mighty Mouse". Is he striker?))

    - - - Updated - - -



    I’m repeating specifically for you Caps-lock: TOP NOT THE BEST FIGHTER, TOP MOST DANGEROUS STRIKERS IN MMA REGARDLESS OF WEIGHT CATEGORY.
    Okay, it seems you're just not there yet, cognitively.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnowItAll View Post
    Actually the most dangerous is prolly Rousimar Palhares for really trying to damage people by holding hooks and submission for too long.
    Title explicitly states strikers though. But considering OP's reply history, it's quite a challenge to comprehend what's actually going on in his mind; it seems he doesn't even know.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Okay, it seems you're just not there yet, cognitively.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Title explicitly states strikers though. But considering OP's reply history, it's quite a challenge to comprehend what's actually going on in his mind; it seems he doesn't even know.
    You know what irony is?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Interesting list.

    Anthony Johnson never really beat anyone good in their prime, outside of that, he was fun to watch.

    Fedor in his prime, not sure we've seen anyone better.

    Nganu is still too early to tell. He's lost to a couple of chumps, with his kinda power, that's unacceptable.

    With the juice, Overeem was barely a B level fighter. While he was on it, my gosh. Now? Well, he's just a gatekeeper for new guys.

    The rest of the list is okay I guess. It's missing Chuck Liddell though. That's a pretty big miss. Even Chris Leben should be on this list above a few guys.

    Wanderlei and Vitor in their heyday were by far the scariest strikers I've seen in MMA. Even to this day. The speed and power of that berzerker rush style were great. Shogun had a little bit of that, but never quite like those guys. But again, while in Japan, they were fully juiced to the gills, so it made them seem better than they really were. As we saw when they were in the UFC.
    Quite excellent assessment, though we have to admit a few things: Most fighters professional athletes - if not all - are juiced to the gills. Overeem was the 'horse meat' poster-boy though and at one point he was ranked 1 on the pound-for-pound best MMA fighter list. I've rolled with him once or twice, the guy wasn't 'B level' in his prime, man; he was as legit as they come. Now? Ai, ai, ai.

    Anthony Johnson isn't even worth mentioning, I agree and the only fighter that has the chance to reach Fedor's level of epicness is Khabib.

    The chute boxe guys were impressive strikers indeed. I also liked Minotauro's striking skills; he was no joke. Paired with his legitimate jiu jitsu black belt he was a veritable monster.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  18. #38
    Bloodsail Admiral CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    We don’t know how good Ngannou is against fresh fighters like Rozenstruik (not veterans Orlovskiy,Velazquez and Cygano). We know that Ramble has in his arsenal the powerful left highkick aKa CroCop ( knocked out Burns and Brenneman), powerful overhand which he almost knocked Cormier out of octagon and nearly killed Manuwa, an uppercut capable of knocking out teeth (knocked out Teixeira). In addition, Ramble fought with light heavyweight tops when most of them were at the peak of their careers (Gusstafson, Bader who knocked out Fedor, Manuwa, Cormier, Glover, Phil Davis), while Ngannou won fighters already lost their peak condition - Overeem, Dos Santos,
    Velasquez.
    Rumble is more diverse in the rack compared to Ngannou, which has just good boxing, which is not fact that it is better than Anthony Johnson's boxing. Besides good boxing work with hands, Ngannu nothing more to show in the rack against Rumble.
    You're really picking points that only support your argument while purposefully pushing aside all the information that counters your argument. Your first point is 100% wrong when you dont "forget" that Ngannou beat Curtis Blaydes twice.

    BTW it's "Rumble" not "Ramble". And I'm not gonna correct every other name you wrote incorrectly cuz I wanna keep this post short.

    I don't know why you bring up Rozenstruik, a guy who needed a miracle to get through Overeem who was literally teaching him how to fight for 24 minutes and 55 seconds, after Ngannou used him as a highlight reel victim.

    Literally everybody at that weight has an overhand that can finish their opponent, that's nothing special, nothing that makes any of them scarier. What's really dangerous is facing a guy who can pop shots from seemingly ineffective angles and still shut your lights out, like Ngannou did several times. He's always dangerous. Rumble is not always dangerous in the same manner, he has his explosive moments but he requires more "setup" to really land his good shots since he has less reach and power than Ngannou.

    Speaking of power, you know Ngannou holds the world record for highest power punch recorded? I mean if that doesn't count, what does?

    This is not a pound for pound list or best fighters list. It's only about the level of risk in striking alone when facing these guys. I don't really see how someone with a shorter reach, less power and precision and requiring more setup to land strikes can be more dangerous than a guy who can shut your lights out from a weird angle punch coming out of nowhere that you can't see coming.

    EDIT: I just realized you're the thread starter. What's the point of the list? Most dangerous striker in MMA or a pound for pound list of achievements that only ranks primarily strikers? Like I thought it was ranking the level of danger when facing these strikers, like how likely you are to get floored. But from the points you bring up it seems like it's something entirely different cuz you bring up old unrelated fights instead of talking about their actual technique alone which is the only thing that should matter.
    I assume we're not taking time into account, otherwise most of that list would make no sense, yet you compare some fighters vs competition of a different age and how beating someone "out of their prime" means nothing.
    I mean if they all fought today, do you believe Fedor could even SURVIVE? On the other hand, if you take them all in their prime, Fedor could probably 1v2 some of these clowns. If we're talking about prime alone then you have to COMPLETELY IGNORE things like "Ngannou beat X out of his prime", you have to compared Ngannou's prime skills against someone else's prime skills and nothing else. Need to apply a standard of comparison across the board.
    Last edited by CrawlFromThePit; 2020-01-08 at 03:43 PM.
    Cure cancer, delete factions.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    SNIP
    You're 100% correct.

    Yeah, I stopped trying to talk with this guy once I noticed he was only giving the most extreme details to support why his list is better than anyone else.

    Ignoring who won fights, and just trying to use fighters based on their punching power alone. I mean, almost every heavyweight if someone lets them punch them, is going to be devastating. Too much size/power. It's the fighters that can strike, without being struck back that are the "best strikers", or "most dangerous". Because its a fight, not a contest where you just take turns hitting each other in the face.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •