Does “road to 70” fall off the entire character at first 70?

So I realize that some folks might purposely lie in this discussion just to troll me, but if I can reach a consensus of multiple answers in the same direction, that might help!

I have the “road to 70” buff. The current plan is to use it to treat the level cap like it’s 68-69 for as long as the buff persists (a max of 90 days apparently), which I don’t really mind doing. I like the crafting and gathering systems after all and wouldn’t begrudge a full compliment of DoH/DoL’s just below 70 before heading further...

But is that needed, limiting myself like this, to keep the buff? Does the buff fall off my character entirely the moment any class dings 70? The shadowbringers storyline beckons, after all. Must I resist it for that sweet-sweet XP buff?

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful replies!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-12-17 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    So I realize that some folks might purposely lie in this discussion just to troll me, but if I can reach a consensus of multiple answers in the same direction, that might help!

I have the “road to 70” buff. The current plan is to use it to treat the level cap like it’s 68-69 for as long as the buff persists (a max of 90 days apparently), which I don’t really mind doing. I like the crafting and gathering systems after all and wouldn’t begrudge a full compliment of DoH/DoL’s just below 70 before heading further...

But is that needed, limiting myself like this, to keep the buff? Does the buff fall off my character entirely the moment any class dings 70? The shadowbringers storyline beckons, after all. Must I resist it for that sweet-sweet XP buff?

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful replies!
    It's a server wide buff and goes into effect on any character made within the time period where it's active. If you made a character while the server buff was active, the buff lasts for 90 days, period, no other restriction applies as far as I know. Even if "preferred" status of the server goes away and new character won't get the buff anymore, any character made during the time period the buff was active will still have it last the 90 days from whenever their character was created.

Once a job hits 70 it falls off. But if you switch to a job below 70 it will be back on. And it last for 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's a server wide buff and goes into effect on any character made within the time period where it's active. If you made a character while the server buff was active, the buff lasts for 90 days, period, no other restriction applies as far as I know. Even if "preferred" status of the server goes away and new character won't get the buff anymore, any character made during the time period the buff was active will still have it last the 90 days from whenever their character was created.
    Ahh i was wondering this myself as it fell off my lvl 60 the other day but hitting 90 days old makes sense
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Just a small correction to the others who have responded. It lasts for 90 days or when the server leaves preferred, whatever comes second. In theory it could last beyond 90 days if you're on a small server, but from a cursory glace that is pretty rare.

I used to have the Road to 60 buff and it stays on your character for the full duration (either 90 days or as long as the server is preferred). When I hit 60 on my Summoner the buff would “fall off” but anytime I switched to a lower level class it would reappear.