Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question AV 8hours/day - rank 14 possible or not?

Hi,
    I'm wondering if I run AV 8hours/day, is it possible to reach the rank 14 or would I need to spend more time on it? Thanks.

maybe if you spend 16h

Quote Originally Posted by Trefort90 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if I run AV 8hours/day, is it possible to reach the rank 14 or would I need to spend more time on it? Thanks.
    Depends on how much honor is earned on your server faction ... Having said that, can almost guarantee it is not even enough for 13!

If you are able to earn 1.5 million at least every week, and commit to 1.5 months to 3 months of this .. Go for it!

Just ask yourself if more than 0.1% of players on your server play more than 8h per day in AV. Considering the amount of no-lifers that Classic attracted I would say yes, there are more players spending more time.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://old.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...week_6_update/

TLTR no even with 16 can be impossible depending on a server
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Remember to take a break every hour, stretching out them legs!

8h ? On a poop server maybe.

I'm rather interested on knowing how much honor other servers are farming. In mine the top bracket has farmed 1.8m honor so far

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    8h ? On a poop server maybe.

I'm rather interested on knowing how much honor other servers are farming. In mine the top bracket has farmed 1.8m honor so far

No maybe u can do it in the summer when everbody has it

my server top 1 ranker is 106kkk (1ml) and he spents 20 hours there
    I am now top 12 with 16 hours in av

I will get H14 after the first 5/6 people win it. Probably when they get it I will be starting my grind for it something liike this

Quote Originally Posted by wowgeek88 View Post
    No maybe u can do it in the summer when everbody has it

my server top 1 ranker is 106kkk (1ml) and he spents 20 hours there
    I am now top 12 with 16 hours in av

I will get H14 after the first 5/6 people win it. Probably when they get it I will be starting my grind for it something liike this
    It probably won't work in summer either because there will be other people waiting for this as well. People need to understand that the system doesn't care how much honor you individually earn. Its just comparing your number to other people. So as long there a bunch of people playing 8h1m a day (considering you get the same honor/h) you will never make R14.

And your statement about as soon as the first 5/6 people got it, only works in a premade setup where you are the only group going for the highest honor brackets. As soon as the first 5 people are done with their grind there will be new players stepping up or people going ham solo forcing you to commit your life to reach the highest rank.

Sure maybe it worked on your dead vanilla server but right now with the min/max mentality the people bring into classic there is no easy way to reach rank14 without commiting 16+hours a day (!) for a long period of time.

No chance. You won't get past rank 10

Wouldve been nice if they added an armory like TBC/Wotlk days and honor rankings, would make the system a lot more transparent per server.

Rank fuckin 8 is now impossible with 8hrs per day. Honestly its disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Trefort90 View Post
    Hi,
    Was never enough outside of private/cheat servers.

Even the hope on a low pop server dies as soon as payed character transfer is an option, just look at Retails Arena R1 server hopping for each season in the past, it was even more cruel in Retail, because the MMR inflation on high pop servers gated tranfered characters from native players on the server, so native players could never get R1 even if they played better/won more/played more, it was mathematical not possible.

The R14 honor system got no prevention against 24/7 playtime (shared accounts) advantage, so you will allways lose if you play legit even with unhealthy amounts of 8h+ daily grind and since skill is not a factor in the R14 system, you lose by default.
    -

It's not possible to get rank 14 on a decent server if you have a job or are studying. Any waking minute doing anything other than farming honor is a mistake that will cost you.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I suspect that in a year or two it might be possible to get rank 14 from 8 hours a day of AV (assuming it gives comparable honor/hour to premade bg stomp).

Currently thou, even 16hours a day is doubtful to be enough for rank 14 anytime soon. As an 8hour a day player myself i think the best solution is to not try to rank for the first halfyear and let the 16hour bg farm crowd reach their goals first.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-12-17 at 01:35 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Rank fuckin 8 is now impossible with 8hrs per day. Honestly its disgusting
    This is depressing. RIP to my rank 10 goal
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

While it is possible for a single human to do it, I'm sure most (by most I mean 99.99%) shared an account on the same PC/IP. As long as you have a friend or two to help you out while you can't play ON THE SAME IP/PC -can't stress same IP/PC enough- it can be done.

I'm just gonna take a break from pvp while you disgusting nerds spend 10 hours a day farming this repetitive shit.
    Rank 10 is going to be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    It's not possible to get rank 14 on a decent server if you have a job or are studying. Any waking minute doing anything other than farming honor is a mistake that will cost you.
    The worst thing about classic's R14 is that while its the same grind as in vanilla, you are prohibited to get the old prestige achievements out of it.
    Just like the Old School Ride / original epic mounts are not included for the first to level to 60 get 1000g in time, neither is the whole PVP grind worth anything.

I really have a hard time to understand the R14 weapon grind POST-weapon-normalisation (Patch 1.8). The only "OP" things are left in classic 1.12 are the high ilvl naxx weapons and silly enough the trash-drops (Servo Arms).
    -