Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefort90 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if I run AV 8hours/day, is it possible to reach the rank 14 or would I need to spend more time on it? Thanks.
    Yes if every other player only plays 7:50 every day.

Sadly there is always a bigger fish and some of them are even sharing accounts.

If you want to get to rank 14 then stop everything in your life for 3 months because that is what is required.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Blows my mind how someone can not grasp the simple fact that if anyone died playing to much wow,one of the reasons is most likely because of the one activity that requires them to play the most BY FAR,and yeah the game has addictive qualities,but nothing even comes close to r14,its the only thing in wow that if you want to get you have to play all day everyday non stop
    Again, I did the grind. I was rank 14 in vanilla and NOBODY I knew that did the grind died either. I was looking for a link to a story (mostly to satisfy my curiosity), but so far all you have done is come up with conjecture. You haven't provided any solid proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Rank fuckin 8 is now impossible with 8hrs per day. Honestly its disgusting
    we asked for #NoChanges. we got #NoChanges
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Again, I did the grind. I was rank 14 in vanilla and NOBODY I knew that did the grind died either. I was looking for a link to a story (mostly to satisfy my curiosity), but so far all you have done is come up with conjecture. You haven't provided any solid proof.
    me and my mate got grand marshal and never even give any thought to anything like that tbh,i played about 12/14 hours a day with breaks ofc.i was 35 at the time and just got out of hospital after having a serious back op,so it cant have been that grueling tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    me and my mate got grand marshal and never even give any thought to anything like that tbh,i played about 12/14 hours a day with breaks ofc.i was 35 at the time and just got out of hospital after having a serious back op,so it cant have been that grueling tbh.
    Yeah, if anybody was going to die from the r14 grind, they would have likely already started the grind not being in perfect health. 16h per day, as bad as it sounds, isn't going to kill a human being that still eats and gets his/her 8 hour sleep.

I dont personaly know people that comited suicide,therefore suicide doesnt exist,flawless logic,and a quick google search pops up plenty of wow related deaths,and no other activity in wow forces you to play every day all day for months in order to obtain said thing 1+1 is hard math

3+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance.

Not for one of the first rank 14s.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I dont personaly know people that comited suicide,therefore suicide doesnt exist,flawless logic,and a quick google search pops up plenty of wow related deaths,and no other activity in wow forces you to play every day all day for months in order to obtain said thing 1+1 is hard math
    So by your logic driving a car is bad too, because people die in car accidents? Of course there are people who are taking things way too far and killing theirselfs or (in some recorded stories) even others because of video games. But concluding that grinding to rank14 does kill people is a bit exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefort90 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if I run AV 8hours/day, is it possible to reach the rank 14 or would I need to spend more time on it? Thanks.
    Not even close

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people who got rank 14 back in the day had to utilise account sharing simply because it was impossible to actually play the amount of hours needed in a day to reach it without forgoing sleep which, of course, you can't do for very long.

If you're on a dead server, you might be able to get 10-11, but I would be surprised if there was any server where 14 was possible in that amount of time.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think most people who got rank 14 back in the day had to utilise account sharing simply because it was impossible to actually play the amount of hours needed in a day to reach it without forgoing sleep which, of course, you can't do for very long.

If you're on a dead server, you might be able to get 10-11, but I would be surprised if there was any server where 14 was possible in that amount of time.
    Managed Rank 14 playing 16h a day, no account sharing.

Was on Executus EU, a high population PvP server with several competing PvP teams.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Rank fuckin 8 is now impossible with 8hrs per day. Honestly its disgusting
    Honestly I wouldn't stress about it too much, bgs have just come out and people are hard farming, once they see how hard it is to rank a lot of people will drop off and you will be able to rank up to 9/10 fairly easily, also a lot of PVE players are hard farming AV and WSG for the Rep rewards as well so hopefully that should drop off in the next couple of weeks as well.

Be patient my sons.

OP - No unfortunately not, I would say you would need to farm about 20 hours a day to stand a chance and even then you might struggle for 14
    Last edited by Rustaclut0; 2019-12-18 at 12:26 PM.

Not anytime soon. Bots and account share is pretty out of control right now. Our top 22 players last week apparently didn't sleep, eat, or shit last week on our realm. Seriously at least 2 of them have hard evidence of not 1 second offline in a week. Very human behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Not anytime soon. Bots and account share is pretty out of control right now. Our top 22 players last week apparently didn't sleep, eat, or shit last week on our realm. Seriously at least 2 of them have hard evidence of not 1 second offline in a week. Very human behavior.
    It's weird people are committing so much to such an old game. I can understand doing this grind back in vanilla, cause playing this game was like being a kid on a Christmas morning, but now? Jeeze. This is a really old game. Its sheen wore off a long time ago.

It's weird people are committing so much to such an old game. I can understand doing this grind back in vanilla, cause playing this game was like being a kid on a Christmas morning, but now? Jeeze. This is a really old game. Its sheen wore off a long time ago.
    I mean.. if they are.. maybe the sheen is there but it's just not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    So by your logic driving a car is bad too, because people die in car accidents? Of course there are people who are taking things way too far and killing theirselfs or (in some recorded stories) even others because of video games. But concluding that grinding to rank14 does kill people is a bit exaggerated.
    the car comparison is rly bad,we need cars,society would collapse day 1 if cars stoped

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the R14-dream on low pop server is over.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...-Now-Available

Classic really got some vanilla vibes, I hope you enjoy the experience.
    -