Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    They never gave FACTION population information. So no, they didn't. If i had of known stalagg was 70% horde i probably wouldn't have rolled alliance here. The only reason we even kind of have that number is from census addons, which blizzard later broke because they didnt want information about how terrible the imbalance was out there i guess.
    It wasn't 70/30 at the start, more alliance left then horde during free transfers and MADE it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    And now you're gonna transfer off that server to a server that is alliance heavy?

Now you understand why they don't release that info.
    Thank god there are still sane voices on here amongst all the whining ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It wasn't 70/30 at the start, more alliance left then horde during free transfers and MADE it that way.
    the biggest problem is, is that when you look at all PVP server s combined its something between 60-40 and 65-35% H-A accros the board per region. Which means that you never really a lot of balanced pop servers.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    the biggest problem is, is that when you look at all PVP server s combined its something between 60-40 and 65-35% H-A accros the board per region. Which means that you never really a lot of balanced pop servers.
    Yea, there's just more horde who want to pvp overall.

This is no different then Retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I think it’s funny that people are mad that blizz wont fix server inbalance yet here we are and now people are mad bc it costs money after they allowed everyone on a server that matters to leave etc.. blizz cant just make you happy.. you need to be happy with yourself first fam

Time to gtfo to pve server, if i had more time to play, sure id stay on pvp but with limited time to do stuff its better to pve it. Can always pvp in bgs anyway.

The problem of faction imbalance will never get solved and can never be solved because the fundamental concept of factions in WoW is flawed. It was flawed 15 years ago, it is still flawed in Retail and it is flawed again in Classic.

As long as factions work the way they do, Blizzard can come up with any tools - free or paid - it will not fix the problem.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-12-17 at 08:12 PM.

"Paid server transfers to possibly be enabled some time in the future"

"One Week Later"

"Give us your money now!"

Christ, I need to start selling some bridges

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    If you take the logic fully to the end it's clear to me that most of the people bitching about this would be perfectly OK with being assigned a server and faction when they create a character. Ha ha ha. No, that wasn't serious even if it really is the only way to have any control over it.

Even that wouldn't work: people quit and factions will slide out of balance on their own when there's more of that than people signing up. It comes down to people aren't thinking.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    "We allowed massive faction imbalances, and now you can pay us to fix it!"
    “We also gave you like three months to go to another server for free.”

Players complain about faction balance but every time they are given the choice they chose to band together in a server where their faction outnumbers the other.
    Every, single, time.

Server imbalance exists because players want it to exist and therefor the only fix is for Blizzard to force people to play the specific faction on a specific server. And boy that would be a funny forum shitstorm to see.

*Insert you think you do but you dont meme here*

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    "Allowed" lol. They gave everyone all the information they needed to make an informed decision.

Would you have preferred they forcibly moved your character to a different server?
    I would prefer they had pretended it was 2019 and used this crazy thing called "math" to disallow the creation of characters from a specific faction once the balance was too widely skewed.

That said, this doesn't affect me personally - I play horde on a pve server that has a healthy enough population to support an active raiding scene. Doesn't change the fact that it's scummy to sell a solution to a problem they could have prevented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The problem of faction imbalance will never get solved and can never be solved because the fundamental concept of factions in WoW is flawed. It was flawed 15 years ago, it is still flawed in Retail and it is flawed again in Classic.

As long as factions work the way they do, Blizzard can come up with any tools - free or paid - it will not fix the problem.
    Well the concept of factions work like this: everyone wants to be on the winning side and nobody wants to be on the underdog side. If Blizzard puts any incentives to play on the "losing" side to even in out (see: warmode bonus on retail) people will just bitch and cry about unfair treatment and favouritisms, while still sticking to the "winning side" anyway.

It ends up with the smaller faction leaving though various possible ways:
    - swapping to pve server
    - rerolling to a character of dominant faction
    - quitting altogether
    - faction changing / turning wm off (retail options)

Nice. Now I can go to a pve realm.
    Last edited by anveena; 2019-12-17 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Players complain about faction balance but every time they are given the choice they chose to band together in a server where their faction outnumbers the other.
    Every, single, time.

Server imbalance exists because players want it to exist and therefor the only fix is for Blizzard to force people to play the specific faction on a specific server. And boy that would be a funny forum shitstorm to see.

*Insert you think you do but you dont meme here*
    The only way to fix it is to abolish "factions" and just assign people randomly to each side of "conflict" be it battleground, world objective, zone, etc. so you can dynamically balance numbers of each side of participants.

Or change warmode to ffa pvp mode.

Ofc Classic has to stay the way Classic was, but you'd hope they'd have more balls with retail and shake up the system, because the old one clearly doesn't work well.

I'm also wondering why everybody bum rushed to Classic pvp servers to the point Blizzard had to open triple the amount of pvp servers than pve, and now they're upset they have to deal with ganking, griefing, and wolves banding against the sheep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I'm also wondering why everybody bum rushed to Classic pvp servers to the point Blizzard had to open triple the amount of pvp servers than pve, and now they're upset they have to deal with ganking, griefing, and wolves banding against the sheep.
    Basically friends made the choice for me. I knew it wouldn't end well but they didn't believe me.
    Will be interesting to see if they are interested in throwing money at the problem or whether they just quit the game for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The only way to fix it is to abolish "factions" and just assign people randomly to each side of "conflict" be it battleground, world objective, zone, etc. so you can dynamically balance numbers of each side of participants.

Or change warmode to ffa pvp mode.

Ofc Classic has to stay the way Classic was, but you'd hope they'd have more balls with retail and shake up the system, because the old one clearly doesn't work well.

I know, I had high hopes for the end of the faction conflict for Shadowlands. Sigh

As for PvP servers. We're used to battleground and Arena keeping the PvP players contained. Without instances for them to farm honor in and with more on the line then ever before (in a way) with PvP ranks being a huge prestige thing the PvP players ran roughshot over the rest of the population.

People had a rose tinted view of Vanilla. Of 1-on-1 fights in EPL, of the Hillsbrad Southshore tug of war. Those of us still around that actually played back then know better. For every 1 good experience you had you spend 20 getting bumrushed by a group of the other side.

We were all utterly ignorant back then, with present day knowledge and the ease with which to access it on the internet everything was always going to get dialed up to 11.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Basically friends made the choice for me. I knew it wouldn't end well but they didn't believe me.
    Will be interesting to see if they are interested in throwing money at the problem or whether they just quit the game for good.
    Had the same issue, all my friends decided to roll on a pvp server, so I just gave Classic a hard pass, I played on pve servers on retail since forever and my current server used to be pve before warmode, and not that many people in my guild played in warmode, so it baffles me that every single one of them chose pvp servers on Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I know, I had high hopes for the end of the faction conflict for Shadowlands. Sigh

As for PvP servers. We're used to battleground and Arena keeping the PvP players contained. Without instances for them to farm honor in and with more on the line then ever before (in a way) with PvP ranks being a huge prestige thing the PvP players ran roughshot over the rest of the population.

People had a rose tinted view of Vanilla. Of 1-on-1 fights in EPL, of the Hillsbrad Southshore tug of war. Those of us still around that actually played back then know better. For every 1 good experience you had you spend 20 getting bumrushed by a group of the other side.

We were all utterly ignorant back then, with present day knowledge and the ease with which to access it on the internet everything was always going to get dialed up to 11.
    Most fights back then were skirmishes. They had 3000 people to a server, tops. Most servers didn't even hit that cap. Now you're going to tell me servers with 30,000 to 50,000 players will give you the same effect? Nah man, your memory is wrong. There was a handful of servers in Vanilla that handled world PvP on that kind of scale, everyone else, it was skirmishes and small scrappy fights.

Well, there goes classic down the drain. We just had a few short weeks without sharding and without character transfers for the true classic experience and this is already over again.
    Very sad, was hoping I would be able to finish playing classic.