Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    A.) So you therefore ignore everything else I said?

B.) Follow your own logic: Blizzard isn't selling the gear or consumables someone would buy with gold, that's a 3rd party selling it.
    Yes but they are selling you the gold you use to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If Blizzard was selling a full current Mythic raid set for $19.99, then it wouldn't be P2W either, because technically you aren't winning anything by wearing a 450 set. You've just paid to progress slightly faster than the folks who actually kill Mythic bosses
    kinda is....I mean the top guilds with the talent would likely kill to skip the entire gearing/split raid portion and already have a gear advantage going into the raid

yeah the VAST MAJORITY of players aren't going to be one shotting Azshara with the entire set of gear and since BGs are normalized it means nothing in PVP ...but this is definitely a pay to win thing for a decent chunk of players

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Lolz just wondering with every one stating that they are forcing use to buy tokens. That this is a money grab. If this is true whats next and when.
    Token is the P2W

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You can just buy tokens to get mythic gear as well as carries. It's already pay to win without Blizzard directly providing it. Blizz gets an additional $5 arbitrage for each token exchange.
    Depends on how you define "winning". Personally, I don't consider having a good gear set or a list of achievements you didn't earn as a "win".

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Depends on how you define "winning". Personally, I don't consider having a good gear set or a list of achievements you didn't earn as a "win".
    What about beating the end boss of the current raid, getting the mount, getting the gear, and getting the achievement by getting carried? Although I guess that is just being the girlfriend of the guild leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It already is and was ever since gold and level buying was introduced. There's always someone who cannot grasp that inserting money and obtaining advantage in-game is a P2W mechanic, even if it's just to skip something is a P2W mechanic.
    sooo... vanila?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Selling gear and materials for real money would completely destroy the games economy, so hopefully never.
    Agreed, unless they shut down servers, the only other way to kill wow is to make it F2P.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    I'm confused. I was always under the impression that pay to win meant getting powerful items with money that are otherwise nor obtainable in game, that give you an edge over other players. Giving some pleb mythic gear isn't going to make them a better player or give them an advantage over anyone else in game, especially with systems like HoA, where you have to level up the item.

Now, with that said. If they brought out an option to buy current mythic gear with money from the blizzard store, I would leave the game. It's not a practice I personally condone, but it definitely wouldn't be pay to win.
    You aren't confused at all... but, we have far too many that dont understand the concept at all and would rather just throw the buzzword around instead.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Yes but they are selling you the gold you use to buy them.
    well technically you get he gold from other players when selling the token...

but lets say you could buy gold straight from their shop, what advantage it gives you? if you farm the gold, you can buy the same gear in AH that someone who bought token can, and if nobody is selling the gear you can have billions and its useless... so that "advantage" comes from other players, only thing that can be describe as "paid advantage" is you save couple hours of gold farming...

What about beating the end boss of the current raid, getting the mount, getting the gear, and getting the achievement by getting carried? Although I guess that is just being the girlfriend of the guild leader.
    There are two reasons I don't consider that winning ... and you touched on one of them in that social connections can be more important than skill and/or effort. I've seen absolutely terrible 8/8M players. Did they win the game? I don't think so.

The other thing is that there is no winning the game. It keeps going on and whatever you have done in the past becomes largely irrelevant.

well that would be p2w, but blizz is not selling that, and as far as i know they were never too really happy about boosters...

I remember seeing this post like 15 years ago... and then 14.... and then 13... and then........

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post

but lets say you could buy gold straight from their shop, what advantage it gives you? if you farm the gold, you can buy the same gear in AH that someone who bought token can, and if nobody is selling the gear you can have billions and its useless... so that "advantage" comes from other players, only thing that can be describe as "paid advantage" is you save couple hours of gold farming...
    Do you want to have an auction house wherever you go? That will be $500 or spend the next year+ every day farming herbs.

7+ Year Old Account

Doesn't matter how small the advantage is, if you can buy said advantage with real money then it's p2w.

Erhm...pay to win is already a thing.

Buy gold to buy boosts in raid for all drops or buy arena carries. etc etc
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

People have been doomsaying it from the moment the store opened.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Erhm...pay to win is already a thing.

Buy gold to buy boosts in raid for all drops or buy arena carries. etc etc
    just a little note: are there really people who buy token, sell it for gold and then buy the carry with gold, instead of buying carry straight for money?
    i mean, seems stupid, and i assume it would be cheaper right?

5+ Year Old Account
    sooo... vanila?
    Vanilla didn't have tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Do you want to have an auction house wherever you go? That will be $500 or spend the next year+ every day farming herbs.
    having auction with you whenever you go is only useful to people who already make craploads of money in auction...
    not to mention, without that mount it takes you WHOLE 30seconds to go to auction!
    so that mount is not advantage, but more of a show off

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Vanilla didn't have tokens.
    but selling boosts and gold was thing already... tokens didnt change a shit in this regard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Doesn't matter how small the advantage is, if you can buy said advantage with real money then it's p2w.
    well then better internet connection is p2w too, it saves you loading time...

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    As stated in Title. How long now until they offer official Box gear boost or the likes? "For 19.99 Get 450 Raid ready items" You need flask? For 5.99 get 200!

I for one hope it does not but if it does how far out do you think we are from this reality.
    Couple years. For now profiting via tokens off of third party services is better for the image.