Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are We Getting Back Tier Sets in Shadowlands?

Seeing as BfA removed Tier sets to fit in the Azerite armour I would like to know if with that feature gone in Shadowlands will we be reverting back to Tier Sets. Nothing against the armor sets but I preferred the more unique appearances of having every class looking uniquely distinguishable.

They said nope. At least not at the start, but I doubt they are going to put them back in halfway through an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated that they got rid of tier sets. It’s one of the things I like the most about leveling a new class, seeing the xmogs I can collect.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Hopefully not. Visual class sets ok, tier sets nope. It's garbage.

Lets discern difference between tier set and visual set.

So far, it's a no.

It sucks, too, but as kaminaris said in:
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

There's a lot of conflation. A lot of people want tier sets back for the visual aspect of a class-based set with each raid tier, but it's currently being combined with "do you want tier set bonuses back?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So far, it's a no.

There's a lot of conflation. A lot of people want tier sets back for the visual aspect of a class-based set with each raid tier, but it's currently being combined with "do you want tier set bonuses back?"
    Hard to say, trying new playstyles can be fun and help you learn the class better but if its making you play a style you just dont enjoy I see that being a problem. So for now having visual sets would be good enough.

Actually tier sets and the bonuses were likely the very best thing in WoW. A huge nail in the coffin of WoW for me.

Nope, not garbage. Your opinion of them, however, is a garbage one.

Tier sets are awesome and need to return.

So far, it's a no.

I know when I got instacast aimed shot on my MM hunter back in WoD, it felt great. I dont mean the ability itself, but completing something like that after doing run after run was an awesome feeling.
    Last edited by G3 Ghost; 2019-12-19 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Brain farts

So far, it's a no.

Welp blame the removing x will fix this problem people. We've been allowing them to remove customization in the past only for class balance to get worse or not change.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    I know when I got instacast aimed shot on my MM hunter back in WoD, it felt great. I dont mean the ability itself, but completing something like that after doing run after run was an awesome feeling.
    Awesome feelings are not allow in WoW anymore. It was not fair to other people when you got yours and they didn't have their set. Especially not fair to those who are anti-social, did not play with other players, but still wanted to play an MMO and get the same rewards as those that were social playing a social game.

Yeah... awesome feelings were banned form the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Awesome feelings are not allow in WoW anymore. It was not fair to other people when you got yours and they didn't have their set. Especially not fair to those who are anti-social, did not play with other players, but still wanted to play an MMO and get the same rewards as those that were social playing a social game.

Yeah... awesome feelings were banned form the game.
    Nah tier sets are boring and Azerite armor in theory is a better system blizzard just sucks at implementation. We can debate about it if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Nah tier sets are boring and Azerite armor in theory is a better system blizzard just sucks at implementation. We can debate about it if you want.
    To debate it helps if you start off by making an argument with logic or evidence. What you wrote is just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    To debate it helps if you start off by making an argument with logic or evidence. What you wrote is just an opinion.
    Not at all azerite armor is a better version of tier set bonuses. It can be swapped and allows for more customization. It's not my fault all blizzard wants to do is throw passive effects on them. You have a combination of what 12 different bonus that can be stacked or swapped out. Tier sets were not flexible and allowed for very small if not non-existence customization. They were either mandatory or garbage their was no in-between. Azerite armor can fix those problems but blizzard just doesn't understand why tier sets sucked in the first place.

The weren't flexible and they're either good or mandatory. You only got a limited amount of attempts at them per week as well but at the same time they were such a big part of your class. To the point of having to relearn your rotation after receiving them. So each week you didn't get a tier piece. Your were failing behind on dps, and practice. Tier sets were more deterministic in nature but that an implementation problem entirely not something exclusive to azerite.

The execution is the problem. Just like corrupted gear we'll probably fail not cause its a bad idea. It's because the developers are honestly out of touch with the community and the game. They have been for a while.

Ill do a whole analysis thing later gotta go.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-12-19 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    No need to debate. You are wrong. Learn from it and move on.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Hard to say, trying new playstyles can be fun and help you learn the class better but if its making you play a style you just dont enjoy I see that being a problem. So for now having visual sets would be good enough.
    Yeah, they never made more than 1 set at a time, tier sets never came with a choice and it always felt extremely bad when you were forced to move to a set with a gameplay you don't enjoy just because it's stronger.

If they revamped the system to offer different bonuses, or keep every set relevant, even from previous xpack, through an upgrade feature and let people choose what they want or mix and match things for bonus of different sets at once, I think there's something cool to do in there. But just forcing everyone into the same thing with zero choice is so much worse than the azerite armor concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    They said nope. At least not at the start, but I doubt they are going to put them back in halfway through an expansion.
    Idk. The first raid tier usually seems like a wash anyway. I could see them bringing them back as a big feature of 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Yeah, they never made more than 1 set at a time, tier sets never came with a choice and it always felt extremely bad when you were forced to move to a set with a gameplay you don't enjoy just because it's stronger.

If they revamped the system to offer different bonuses, or keep every set relevant, even from previous xpack, through an upgrade feature and let people choose what they want or mix and match things for bonus of different sets at once, I think there's something cool to do in there. But just forcing everyone into the same thing with zero choice is so much worse than the azerite armor concept.
    I always found changing my gameplay to be interesting... not forced. Doing it with tier sets that motivated me to play differently in order to "git gud" was exciting.. and if it was something I didn't enjoy as much, I knew it was only a few months until the next tier came along with a new set to aim for.

What I hate is them changing the classes every single expansion so you are forced to play one spec or another the ENTIRE expansion.

Nah... I'll take tier gear any day over RNG gear any day. Give me set goals to achieve and allow me to bask in the glory of satisfaction and uberness until the next tier comes along. Stair stepping achievements is so much better than a gradual line you cannot ever feel like a milestone is achieved.

Instead they now chnage each

No need to debate. You are wrong. Learn from it and move on.
    Why were tier sets better. Azerite is more flexible and allows for more customization. It also rewards players baaed on skill level. All of the problems with the system are fixables. It's the implementation not the idea that's bad in the case of azerite.

3+ Year Old Account
    I always found changing my gameplay to be interesting... not forced. Doing it with tier sets that motivated me to play differently in order to "git gud" was exciting.. and if it was something I didn't enjoy as much, I knew it was only a few months until the next tier came along with a new set to aim for.

What I hate is them changing the classes every single expansion so you are forced to play one spec or another the ENTIRE expansion.

Nah... I'll take tier gear any day over RNG gear any day. Give me set goals to achieve and allow me to bask in the glory of satisfaction and uberness until the next tier comes along. Stair stepping achievements is so much better than a gradual line you cannot ever feel like a milestone is achieved.

Instead they now chnage each
    That's funny cuz I'm totally the opposite lol, I enjoy the class changes between xpacks, sure sometimes it's for the worse but I use this as an opportunity to play something else entirely and it really makes the game feel fresh again.

I really never enjoyed getting a set piece and being forced to not use it because it would break my previous set bonus, effectively nerfing me, that concept is some next level idiocy IMO. And then the next week you don't get a second piece so you're stuck a minimum of 14 days without being allowed to use the new item you got a very long time ago, I mean wtf kind of bullshit is that?