Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    No, they don't have the technology anymore.

  2. #102
    Considering the sets we got BfA were shit and we did not get those extra fancy sets as promised, I'd say Blizzard is making a grieve mistake by not giving them back at the start. Raid atmosphere based sets could be good if they weren't as bland looking as they did in BfA. Perhaps the only sets who were acceptable are some Battle for Dazar'alor sets, some Warfronts sets and one or two of Visions of N'zoth.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So? What is that childish point you are trying to make? You try to push your opinion as facts and now, you try to draw the conclusion that BFA is bad because there is no tier set? God, kids these days.
    Interesting reply, Blizzard had a winning formula, Tier sets were a part of that whether you like that or not. BFA has been arguably the 2nd worst expansion and Tier sets are not in the expansion. It certainly isn't THE reason why BFA sucks but it can be attributed to it most definitely. I know it's hard to understand that the game used to be good and during the good periods Tier sets were in the game, it's just one of the many things Blizzard has changed because of reasons. You cannot argue against that fact.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Until they put in a better system and they have not, Azerite sucks and this expansion we still have 4 locked pieces of gear. I do not need to create an argument on what is better, Tier sets are better than our current Azerite system. Maybe if the Azerite traits were more interesting and you didn't require any AP it might have been better but it just flat out isn't. The most successful periods of the game had tier sets, the most unsuccessful(BFA) has none.
    They did, azerite gear without azerite requirement is 1000000000000000000000x better system.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I hated that they got rid of tier sets. It’s one of the things I like the most about leveling a new class, seeing the xmogs I can collect.
    Yep, they went too far with removing tier sets. I love having tier sets. I don't give a fuck if it "locks" a slot until the next raid comes out. Set bonuses are fun and help change playstyles.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Interesting reply, Blizzard had a winning formula, Tier sets were a part of that whether you like that or not. BFA has been arguably the 2nd worst expansion and Tier sets are not in the expansion. It certainly isn't THE reason why BFA sucks but it can be attributed to it most definitely. I know it's hard to understand that the game used to be good and during the good periods Tier sets were in the game, it's just one of the many things Blizzard has changed because of reasons. You cannot argue against that fact.
    Do not argue. Prove. You say BFA is one of the worst xpac, prove it. Bring up some facts.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Do not argue. Prove. You say BFA is one of the worst xpac, prove it. Bring up some facts.
    If I have to prove that to you, you clearly do not play BFA, infact, who does lmao?

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    If I have to prove that to you, you clearly do not play BFA, infact, who does lmao?
    Since I am playing it right now and enjoying it, and SW on my server is packed with players, I guess you are living in your own desillusion (and that maybe you have not even played modern wow for years). That and the fact, that like most modern wow haters, as soon as you are asked for facts, you can't provide one or more. Kids these days.

  9. #109
    The covenant armor will be everything we will get this time.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Seeing as BfA removed Tier sets to fit in the Azerite armour I would like to know if with that feature gone in Shadowlands will we be reverting back to Tier Sets. Nothing against the armor sets but I preferred the more unique appearances of having every class looking uniquely distinguishable.
    Not exactly true when every warrior looks like a DK and every Monk and DH looks like a rogue. I prefer raid themed tier sets. Especially since the leather sets in Legion were missing appearences on some pieces due to limited allocation of loot tables.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why the f8ck are they playing a MMO game then? Do they understand that MMO refers to MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE? It is like ppl who complain wow doesn't have enough solo content, while fact is wow has way too much solo content for a MMO game, so much that it is starting to dwarf the actual MMO part of the game

    - - - Updated - - -


    anyone who play wow and have a friend who used to play and stopped, one of things they still follow until well BFA came was tier sets
    i used to have 12 rl friends to play with in wrath, all of them even after stop wow for many different reasons still liked to check tier sets, it was that much core part of wow
    some of them who even traveled and left the WORST country on earth since years had to ask to check why no more 'tier sets' in latest exp

    - - - Updated - - -


    i think he will invent new shape to replace the wheel, it will have 90 and 180 degree angels in it and will walk and run and crawl too XD
    Tell me any problems the azerite system can't solve that tier sets provided. It's not azerite that the problem it's the development team not understanding why people wanted tier set to change.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    So rng with tier sets is good and makes you a patient player. But otherwise you hate rng?
    I never said I hated rng, but even if I did I am allowed to like one form of rng and dislike a different implementation of rng.

  13. #113
    My only memories of Tiers Sets are "those fucking pieces that I had to keep despite being 20+ ilvl weaker than my current ones because the set bonus was just that strong that it still simmed positive". In a way, it made mixing and matching complicated because you had to figure out if the theoretical upgrade with more stats was worth losing a tier set bonus for.

    Azerite Armor had the advantage of everything in that slot having traits, so the only thing you had to look for there were the right trait combinations without really having to worry about the piece's ilvl or esoteric stat weights. I agree with omen - the system itself was an improvement, its implementation however completely missed the mark. In case of certain classes, there are even multiple different azerite trait combos that change the way the spec is played(Enhancement has 3 different ones as far as I know, for example). With tier sets, you are forced to play the way the devs decided your spec will play this raid tier. I remember switching from fury warrior to bm hunter because tier set from Tomb of Sargeras forced you to drop Inner Rage to get full benefits, and that turned me off.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Hopefully not. Visual class sets ok, tier sets nope. It's garbage.

    Lets discern difference between tier set and visual set.
    sure, over the years tier-sets have proved themselves to not be the perfect solution, but its A solution and despite having tried different things we have yet to see a BETTER solution than tier sets.

    armor-sets with set-bonuses have been a thing in RPGs for decades and thats not without reason. the pros far outweighs the cons and even more so if we compare with other ideas that we have seen both in WoW but also in other games..
    working towards a gear-set is just a classic RPG thing that increase your characters power, give you a goal to aim for and reach and to kinda show off to other ppl aswell.
    imo every set bonus doesnt have to reinvent the wheel turn your characters gameplay upside down. it just needs to translate to a 5-10% dmg increase.
    KISS should be implemented alot more. things have gotten out of fucking hand.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by blahdiblah View Post
    sure, over the years tier-sets have proved themselves to not be the perfect solution, but its A solution and despite having tried different things we have yet to see a BETTER solution than tier sets.
    Aside from the way they were initially acquired, Legion legendaries were better than tier sets. They introduced a number of ways to customize how you play, and because they were only in a few slots and swapped around, they didn't taint the gearing process with as many locked slots as tier sets did.

    Having 4 slots in your armor be effectively removed from choice is not a good thing.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Seeing as BfA removed Tier sets to fit in the Azerite armour I would like to know if with that feature gone in Shadowlands will we be reverting back to Tier Sets. Nothing against the armor sets but I preferred the more unique appearances of having every class looking uniquely distinguishable.
    No. Blizzard's developers have been determined to make their life easier in lieu of making the game dull and uninspired for several expansions now. It's why there are no real glyphs, gems are ridiculously minor in the grand scope of things, and talents are in the shape they are. You really think they're ever going to go back to making unique armor sets that no only are custom built for each class and spec, but also look good? You out your damned mind.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post

    how did it feel when you replaced it and lost the bonus?
    Wouldnt know, I swapped to maining a warrior in Legion.

    However, I will say that as a person who has gone through every single expansion, it felt normal every other time I did it.

    That has always been WoWs cycle and it felt less bad than not accumulating the set bonuses in the first place.

  18. #118
    Tier set back for visuals for me please. I think the raid sets from BfA looks generally bad, details are great and all that but there is like no good color themes in any of the raid-sets. PvP sets however look a lot better for me. And this is the first expansion I think this way. Both season 1 and 2 had great PvP-sets. Season 3 and 4 though, not so much.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Wrath of The Bolvar too big for this forum. 10.0 confirmed?

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Having 4 slots in your armor be effectively removed from choice is not a good thing.
    okay. thats fair, unless.... are you also one of the people that says "i want my bis list back"?

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

    Ever get a drop that had a trait you didn't want?
    yes, yes i did, even when it had higher ilvl so i scrapped it for residuum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •