Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seuchentiffy View Post
    Also i didnt even mention BiS in any sentence till now...... and who doesnt want to have BiS? Why would i choose to gimp my performance because "oh look so many option but only 1-2 are really good and the rest is trash"
    Quote Originally Posted by Seuchentiffy View Post
    since the Start of BFA how often did you change your traits after you knew which is BiS for you? oh look same old Traits still BiS with 1 Addition you want in 1 Slot, man what great Choices i have holy cow.
    Hmm odd... you said you never used it in any sentence till now... yet you used it twice in your post right before this to me.
    Also lots of people choose not to have BIS, because they prefer a different playstyle.
    IDK about you, but a majority of players dont give a single fuck about BIS.
    they will play whatever profession they want, whatever race they want, whatever talents they want, all just because they enjoy those things, not because they are "BIS"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Hmm odd... you said you never used it in any sentence till now... yet you used it twice in your post right before this to me.
    Also lots of people choose not to have BIS, because they prefer a different playstyle.
    IDK about you, but a majority of players dont give a single fuck about BIS.
    they will play whatever profession they want, whatever race they want, whatever talents they want, all just because they enjoy those things, not because they are "BIS"
    I really did mention BiS, i think im getting Old sorry for that.......

I would prob avoid calling it the "majority of Players" as there is so much information out there in that regard that it is highly unlikely that people dont give a rats ass about the Traits they use.

Maybe i raided to long and im still stuck in the Min/Max mindset, but i think the Moment Players want to improve their Gameplay they will automatically Start to look such thinks up and the choice is gone.

Those that dont care, prob also dont care what they want to do in this Game, maybe i should try that seems like a more relaxing way to play xD

I was thinking a kind of mix of azerite/essence/tier gear. Every new raid has a new class set aesthetically. No "tier bonuses" for sets though. The head chest and shoulders will have the azerite trait "rings" but you pick what trait you want from a list of unlocked traits kind of like how essences are unlocked. And with each patch new traits are released which you can work on to unlock for your rings. They would be class specific traits though not these general traits which outshine class traits like we have now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would enjoy it very much if sets come back. And on top of them, also give a rare dungeon set for every spec. Those could be tokens MOP style, and can drop from any end boss of a dungeon.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

As far as we know, no there won't be class-specific sets, which does suck since it has been an appealing staple of WoW. For some people it gives a collect-them-all feeling of self-accomplishment, for others it allows diversity in builds. I'm assuming that we will be seeing class-specific sets in 9.1, but we might be seeing them in 9.0 if they take some extra time with this expansion.

Ion confirmed in an interview there are currently no plans for tier sets in Shadowlands
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durff123 View Post
    As far as we know, no there won't be class-specific sets, which does suck since it has been an appealing staple of WoW. For some people it gives a collect-them-all feeling of self-accomplishment, for others it allows diversity in builds. I'm assuming that we will be seeing class-specific sets in 9.1, but we might be seeing them in 9.0 if they take some extra time with this expansion.
    How in god's name do tier sets allow "diversity in builds"? That's literally the opposite of what they've done, historically, in WoW. Tier sets have always pushed people, sometimes very hard, towards specific specs/builds. I'm not saying Azerite is much better on this (slightly but not much), but that is absolutely bizarre as a claim.

I think one thing people aren't really considering here, too, is that as soon as Transmog became a thing, the number of people actually, visually, wearing the tier sets they earned went down massively. And Blizzard know this. Prior to transmog, sure, people liked to parade around in Tier sets - it was literally the only way you could have a cool/consistent appearance.

But as soon as it went in, most people who were wearing the current tier set (and I do mean most) immediately mogged it into something else, whether it was hookerplate, a much older Tier set they liked, or a PvP set, or just some strangely-cool-looking combo they cooked up. And that continued - how many people did you actually see in WoD wearing their actual, just-earned Tier sets? Not many. Then it got easier in Legion, and worked better, and it got even lower. Only a handful of classes with exceptional Tier sets actually tended to wear them in Legion. Many people who liked them still didn't wear them because they didn't get all the bits before the next raid tier hit. And even where you did see people in Legion Tier sets, it was usually them transmogging the current Tier into the previous Tier or the Tier before that.

Them not wanting to do Tier sets almost undoubtedly springs from YOU not wearing them. Well that combined with the relatively tiny number of players who actually earned all of any given set in a particular expansion's lifetime.