Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

suramar - atlantis

Has anyone thought of suramar as an atlantis? Its pretty similar in concept
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Have you ever thought of feet as leg hands?

5+ Year Old Account
    I thought that WoW's Atlantis was Nazjatar. Suramar never sank beneath the sea iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I thought that WoW's Atlantis was Nazjatar. Suramar never sank beneath the sea iirc.
    Its still unknown if Atlantis actually sunk.
    There is good indication that "Richat Structure" aka "Eye of Africa" is Atlantis.
    It went dry from sea level dropping.

Also, not to mention, it fits Atlantis description and its "rings" perfectly.

wait, what? didnt Guldan raise broken isles from the sea? or he raised just the broken shore? im a bit confused now

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    wait, what? didnt Guldan raise broken isles from the sea? or he raised just the broken shore? im a bit confused now
    Broken isles have always been there.

Would be kind of weird, as that would kind of imply that the Moon Guard would outclass Azshara in city-saving feats, which is all kinds of inconsistent with what we know of Illidan's power being greater than the Moon Guard and how much Illidan feared and respected Azshara during the War of the Ancients.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Broken isles have always been there.
    well, in frozen throne it was said they were lifted from the seafloor
    so maybe it was retconed to just broken shore

Citations by Dave Kossak on Twitter and Alex Afrasiabi via Wowpedia on the Broken Shore say Gul'dan only raised the Broken Shore (Thal'dranath) AKA the Tomb of Sargeras - not the entire set of islands.

I believe they retconned it to be that he just raised the Broken Shore and the Tomb of Sargeras. That way they could say the Vykrul and Highmountain tribe were always there.

I guess we will see in Reforged because its suppose to "fix" the continuity between WC3 and modern WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Would be kind of weird, as that would kind of imply that the Moon Guard would outclass Azshara in city-saving feats, which is all kinds of inconsistent with what we know of Illidan's power being greater than the Moon Guard and how much Illidan feared and respected Azshara during the War of the Ancients.
    Suramar was shielded by a large group of mages drawing on the Nightwell's power, of course that's more powerful than a panicking Azshara, running through the streets after her plan fell apart spectacularly.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I believe they retconned it to be that he just raised the Broken Shore and the Tomb of Sargeras. That way they could say the Vykrul and Highmountain tribe were always there.

I guess we will see in Reforged because its suppose to "fix" the continuity between WC3 and modern WoW
    afaik the "fix" in reforged was canceled, someone mentioned it in reforged post, but i dunno, hopefuly they will fix it a bit

but yeah, already read it on gamepedia, they retconed it, fuck that

In warcraft 3, Maiev said that.. the ruins around the tomb of Sargeras were part of Suramar and how the kingdom sank in the bottom of the sea... or something. There are even libraries and other buildings far away from the tomb. In WoW lore, they said just the tomb sank and the city didn't.

I still like the Warcraft 3 version of the lore a bit more lol, but I guess they really wanted us to see Suramar in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Suramar was shielded by a large group of mages drawing on the Font of Night's power, of course that's more powerful than a panicking Azshara, running through the streets after her plan fell apart spectacularly.
    Putting aside which is more powerful (Azshara having clout with Sargeras, N'zoth, and Kil'jaeden besides), Wowpedia cites Chronicle as stating that much of Suramar survived. It was only partial Suramar, Azshara's portion, that was directly assaulted by the Sundering. The forces that the Nightborne shielded then, were residual or consequential forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

not anymore, reforged is just wc3 with weird graphics now, because they were too afraid of fan backlash if fans discovered that they paid money for any sort of new content on top of the new graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    not anymore, reforged is just wc3 with weird graphics now, because they were too afraid of fan backlash if fans discovered that they paid money for any sort of new content on top of the new graphics.
    Really? That's such a weird decision to make so late in development.

I had looked forward to a few of the things getting updated like seeing Dath'remar, but whatever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    I still like the Warcraft 3 version of the lore a bit more lol, but I guess they really wanted us to see Suramar in game.
    Indeed. As much as I loved Suramar in Legion, it was still one hell of a retcon, since Suramar in WC3 was supposed to be just ruins. I mean... How could possibly Maiev have NOT seen such a huge city on her trip to the Broken Shore.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Similar to the Stargate version since it had a shield. Other than that you are reaching pretty hard.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It's more like Venice with all the gondolas. Nazjatar was supposed to be like Atlantis but Blizzard FUCKED that up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Have you ever thought of feet as leg hands?
    I've thought of hands as arm feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile