Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seth'rak would've been a great candidate for something like this. Not genderless per say? But a different type of distinction between the sexes, through the use of colorization, size and markings etcetera. Basically sexual dimorphism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    13 years worth of playing and meeting other guys disguised as females. Statistics from other games are also a factor.

At the very least, it is a more reliable source than "I doubt".
    you are using your numbers and i using my, there is shit reliable here dude, my and your experience mean little, thats why i say i bet, im not making a factual statement

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I wouldn't mind it personally but is there even a genderless race in all of WoW?

Even elementals, naaru and etheraels have genders.
    You're right. Naaru are even the closest thing to genderless physically, but there's still male and female there. There's downright male and female Elementals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    lol okay so riddle me what this one is? Must be a male because it's not covering itself.

But uh oh, they think they're pretty either way with the eyelashes.. Hopefully you wouldn't label them as something they don't want to be labeled as, just because of that

Heck, as a guy myself IRL I've got Eyelashes like this guy. I also cover my chest in public. I must be a female Arakkoa right?

So here's a link of the other Arakkoas, go into WoWModelViewer too, because I sure am.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...le_to_play_as/

They all have eyelashes, THEY ALL cover themselves. It's laughable you looked at a bird person and said in so many words, "oh it's covering it's breasts."
    hahaha? what breasts?

tf when your high horse was a mule in disguise.
    I really do like the High Arakkoa model.
    I hope it becomes playable at some point.

Identity Politics and wokeness has done really well for a lot of franchises lately, why not?

Why would gender even be a reason to play something new? XD i play whatever looks good to me. A slime monster or a robot could meet your expectations if its a big deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Every WoW race has the stereotype gender: male and female with standard attributes (men taller, more muscles, female with breasts).
    Easy question: if Blizzard would add a race without gender, would you play it?
    this information here doesn't give anything about material I care about when selecting a race.

Also: just to point out. Kul tiran gender models break the norm mentioned in the OP because the females only have smaller guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    My biases lead me to think that such addition would be done out of some silly agenda, so no.
    Yes, this is pretty much what I thought when I first read it. If it was done for Lore reasons and not hurr durr gender is fluid BS then I would probably play it. But from a typical stand point I feel weird playing female characters so one that I identify with even less I doubt Id play.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Why would gender even be a reason to play something new? XD i play whatever looks good to me. A slime monster or a robot could meet your expectations if its a big deal though.
    Hell, I'd take a real robot race over amputee Gnomes any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It kind of is, if you play a Zandalari Troll Balance Druid, it has tusks though but I get it. I also want a full allied race version with customizable plumage and armor equips and classes.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    this information here doesn't give anything about material I care about when selecting a race.

Also: just to point out. Kul tiran gender models break the norm mentioned in the OP because the females only have smaller guts.
    They got those big asses though and that is pretty neat. And as a Fat guy myself if they wouldn't be behind some dumbass rep wall Id play one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It kind of is, if you play a Zandalari Troll Balance Druid, it has tusks though but I get it. I also want a full allied race version with customizable plumage and armor equips and classes.
    Oh yeah, I know. It's a cool model.
    I more so meant as a player model, being able to equip gear, etc.
    Hopefully one day, but they'd have to find a way to make Arakkoa relevant again.
    Alliance High Arakkoa and Horde Gorian Ogres would work well, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Every WoW race has the stereotype gender: male and female with standard attributes (men taller, more muscles, female with breasts).
    Easy question: if Blizzard would add a race without gender, would you play it?
    What is a "stereotype gender"? Male and female?

Those are literally all a human being can be. It's not choice, it's not opinion, it's not a debate, it's biology.
    The "standard attributes" you talk about is also just basic human biology.

Playable humanoids in WoW's world are based on real life humans to some degree so we can relate/immerse ourselves in them.

If we were fuckin snail people, we would have characters without legs cuz we wouldn't identify with having legs. We are not tho and the whole basis of this discussion is way off.

Hell, I'd take a real robot race over amputee Gnomes any day.
    Same, especially if they resembled Echo or maybe even looked like titand from titanfall.

You're right. Naaru are even the closest thing to genderless physically, but there's still male and female there. There's downright male and female Elementals.

- - - Updated - - -

Major 'tude aside, yes. I would love for these to be playable, and I don't feel actually having major separate Male/Female features would be necessary. Look at Vulpera..

One of the first movies I remember seeing and certainly my favorite was The Dark Crystal. The 'bird people' in that were regarded as Gender less and that was quite intriguingly clear as a kid.

Now the Arakkoa aren't in the same boat as the Skeksis, having to breed to survive, but their reproductive organs are just as easily hidden as a Humans with the exact same garb. One could say easier, considering birds don't have breasts and nipples for feeding.
    As well, most everyone is familiar with the commonality of Male birds being the brighter/more eccentric ones for mating reasons. So the idea that the one with eyelashes can't be a boy is just silly.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Same, especially if they resembled Echo or maybe even looked like titand from titanfall.
    Echo seems quite sci-fi, though.

But an aesthetic like that could work if it's a construct of an alien race. You know, like the Draenei have their own constructs. Maybe partial use of magics rather than just engineering.

Yes!
    With a voice like Satan: https://youtu.be/BpaRouocBes

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Major 'tude aside, yes. I would love for these to be playable, and I don't feel actually having major separate Male/Female features would be necessary. Look at Vulpera..

One of the first movies I remember seeing and certainly my favorite was The Dark Crystal. The 'bird people' in that were regarded as Gender less and that was quite intriguingly clear as a kid.

Now the Arakkoa aren't in the same boat as the Skeksis, having to breed to survive, but their reproductive organs are just as easily hidden as a Humans with the exact same garb. One could say easier, considering birds don't have breasts and nipples for feeding.
    As well, most everyone is familiar with the commonality of Male birds being the brighter/more eccentric ones for mating reasons. So the idea that the one with eyelashes can't be a boy is just silly.
    I'd say Vulpera still have male/female features, just not exaggerated.
    For Arakkoa, it could be in the feather colors as well as the overall shape, with males still being slender but retaining a v shape while female Arakkoa still have pronounced hips by comparison.
    No breasts, of course, for the reasons you mention.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already have a blood elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there ain't tits, I quits.

I'd say Vulpera still have male/female features, just not exaggerated.
    For Arakkoa, it could be in the feather colors as well as the overall shape, with males still being slender but retaining a v shape while female Arakkoa still have pronounced hips by comparison.
    No breasts, of course, for the reasons you mention.
    Let's not forget that the colourful ones should be the males.

Sethrak could make for an interesting case, with having basically no visible dimorphism. They have male and female voices, but all look the same, in the game.