Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    I must say I think the ridiculously large HP pools and damage / healing numbers of MoP and a few other expansions were very gimmicky. It just feels like one of those Chinese P2W MMORPG's where everything is just off. It's an icky feeling.

I'd much prefer to see a "final squish" bringing us down to low health pools again (like vanilla levels). Then I'd like to see expansion specific paragon item levels and expansion specific paragon levels.

Level 60 would be the last real level, and after that it's only expansion specific paragon stuff. Given that you have unlocked all the paragon levels of the "current" expansion (like 10 or so) you'd automatically unlock an account-wide "old content" buff for it when a new expansion is released. This buff would allow you to do the old PvE content easier and it would allow paragon item levels from all expansions to work in that content (so it might be wise to keep a paragon ilvl set from an old expansion around just for soloing old content).

This way we get an automatic gear reset for the new expansion (down to a certain baseline) and we never get these problems with re-occuring stat squishes, but we're still completely able to farm old content (the old content buff would grow stronger with each new expansion), all this while still being able to use our old gear, or our new gear if we'd prefer.

Rinse and repeat.
    I like this idea a lot.

Why waste development resources on such a non issue? I'll never understand this phobia of large numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I thought that squishing levels down meant a side effect of this would be that our stats would be what level 1-60 has right now, so a stat squish wouldn't be needed.
    The two aren't actually linked in any way. They're also deliberately not squishing stats so people don't feel like they actually lost power.

I thought they hadn't said anything one way or the other. Can you link where they said that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait theres no stat squish coming? Aren't they doing a level squish? They'd have to do stat squishing again I would hope and assume.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    No sadly it would not. With exponential growth we are back there in no time, no matter how far you dial back.
    The only way for a more or less permanent solution is to go back to linear scaling like in vanilla and tbc.
    The real secret is the game never had linear scaling. The scaling value may have been different, but it's always been exponential. The items just didn't spend their itemization points as consistently and had smaller numbers overall, so it was harder to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I thought they hadn't said anything one way or the other. Can you link where they said that?
    It's in the same panel they announced the level squish, right after the announcement even, since they're specificially not doing a stat squish because they're doing a level squish.

Vanilla to WotLK
    Trash damage : 1-99 damage (thorns and stuff)
    Normal damage : 100-999 damage (white dmg and filler abilities)
    Big D damage : 1000-2999 damage (spells that hurt)

Retail
    Trash damage : 1000-9999 damage (thorns and stuff)
    Normal damage : 10000-49999 damage (white dmg and filler abilities)
    Big D damage : 50000-99999 damage (spells that hurt)

When my screen looks like :
    34 954
    1225 34 346
    33 11

I see :
    34 954
    1225 34 346
    33 11

When my screen looks like :
    3444 95432
    12254 39994 34622
    33111 1131

I see :

Give me a stat squish equivalent to being a level 30 in Classic. I want to FEEL the numbers, not have to decipher them.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Wait theres no stat squish coming? Aren't they doing a level squish? They'd have to do stat squishing again I would hope and assume.
    not at the start of Shadowlands. we had one at the start of BfA. they could probably not do one for an expansion or two

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    not at the start of Shadowlands. we had one at the start of BfA. they could probably not do one for an expansion or two
    Sure but if they’re doing a level squish there’s no reason not to do a stat squish too. It’s going to feel weird going down levels as it is. May as well go full force. If we’re going to vanilla level cap and then TBC cap they should just model the ilvls and such off of that imo.

Butterland above said it better than I could.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    I must say I think the ridiculously large HP pools and damage / healing numbers of MoP and a few other expansions were very gimmicky. It just feels like one of those Chinese P2W MMORPG's where everything is just off. It's an icky feeling.

I'd much prefer to see a "final squish" bringing us down to low health pools again (like vanilla levels). Then I'd like to see expansion specific paragon item levels and expansion specific paragon levels.

Level 60 would be the last real level, and after that it's only expansion specific paragon stuff. Given that you have unlocked all the paragon levels of the "current" expansion (like 10 or so) you'd automatically unlock an account-wide "old content" buff for it when a new expansion is released. This buff would allow you to do the old PvE content easier and it would allow paragon item levels from all expansions to work in that content (so it might be wise to keep a paragon ilvl set from an old expansion around just for soloing old content).

This way we get an automatic gear reset for the new expansion (down to a certain baseline) and we never get these problems with re-occuring stat squishes, but we're still completely able to farm old content (the old content buff would grow stronger with each new expansion), all this while still being able to use our old gear, or our new gear if we'd prefer.

Rinse and repeat.
    So basically just squish every expansion except add an in-game system for it. Seems pointless.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The two aren't actually linked in any way. They're also deliberately not squishing stats so people don't feel like they actually lost power.
    If that's the case they wouldn't have already done two item lvl squishes on top of the level squish they are about to do. I would wager that lvl 50 in Shadowlands will be equivalent to about what lvl 50 or 80 is now stats wise. Current stats are very low all the way to about lvl 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    If that's the case they wouldn't have already done two item lvl squishes on top of the level squish they are about to do. I would wager that lvl 50 in Shadowlands will be equivalent to about what lvl 50 or 80 is now stats wise. Current stats are very low all the way to about lvl 110.
    Well, if you're so intent on losing a wager. I definitely wouldn't wager against both the devs saying there won't be one and the BlizzCon demo not having one.

I'd wager that numbers don't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    So basically just squish every expansion except add an in-game system for it. Seems pointless.
    Its all pointless regardless of what someone's opinion is on level caps, stat squishes and everything else.