Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole sound thing is kind of a Nolan trademark. People said the same about interstellar, music drowning out dialogue.
    Hi

I liked this movie, very entertaining, but just like inception it breaks if you think too much about it. Plus great acting, Kenneth Branagh and Elizabeth Debicki really excel, Washington and Pattinson are great as well.

Wanted to see it in english, but due to 2 friends vetoing i saw it in german, and the mentioned problems are not present there.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2020-09-20 at 12:24 PM.

Im usually very picky about sound issues / muffeled sound / to loud music, BUT I did not have that problem. We were also in state of the art cinema, so good sound and so on.

Anyway typical Nolan film. If you like his films you will also like this one - 1 note: Its even more complicated than Inception from my POV.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Im usually very picky about sound issues / muffeled sound / to loud music, BUT I did not have that problem. We were also in state of the art cinema, so good sound and so on.

Anyway typical Nolan film. If you like his films you will also like this one - 1 note: Its even more complicated than Inception from my POV.
    Where did you see it? United States theater, if so what kind (IMAX, etc) or other country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The whole sound thing is kind of a Nolan trademark. People said the same about interstellar, music drowning out dialogue.
    I didn't find it as extreme in Interstellar, with this, I certainly did. One of my favourite directors as he takes on many interesting concepts of life. This was a great movie but the sound mix let it down.

7.8/10
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Definitely. In the end Inception is not that complex as everything is quite straightforward when you understand the concept of levels, but Tenet ? Will need other viewings to clearly know if I'm too dumb for these kind of movies or not. I enjoyed the Strask-12 scene even though I had no idea what happened most of the times and why this scene happened at all.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Wanted to see it in english, but due to 2 friends vetoing i saw it in german, and the mentioned problems are not present there.
    Lucky you, even in French it was barely understandable at times, but most of the inaudible dialogues were not very important for the understanding of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Where did you see it? United States theater, if so what kind (IMAX, etc) or other country?
    Just a new cinema with latest dolby atmos...or think its called like level...4?...5? sound in my country Denmark. The fucking cinema opened just as corona was starting...First film was gonna be James bond to open the cinema lol...rip.

Anyway Tenet will need a 2nd watch for me some-time for sure. Did not get it all.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Definitely. In the end Inception is not that complex as everything is quite straightforward when you understand the concept of levels, but Tenet ? Will need other viewings to clearly know if I'm too dumb for these kind of movies or not. I enjoyed the Strask-12 scene even though I had no idea what happened most of the times and why this scene happened at all.
    Both seem straight forward, for me, Tenet more so. There are two time streams, one goes forwards in time, the other inverted backwards but they both intersect at certain locations.

I believe there are few YouTube explanations anyway.

Really wanted to go BFI London to see it in 70mm BUT never had the time to go up. Maybe 2nd watching next Fri/Sat.
    -K

I've seen most of Nolan's movies and had no issues with the sound. The sound mixing of Tenet actually reduced my enjoyment of the movie. At first maybe I thought the theatre fucked up the sound a bit but after checking a few reviews it seems that its a common criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I've seen most of Nolan's movies and had no issues with the sound. The sound mixing of Tenet actually reduced my enjoyment of the movie. At first maybe I thought the theatre fucked up the sound a bit but after checking a few reviews it seems that its a common criticism.
    In Interstellar, when Murph finds the watch towards the end and runs outside and meets her brother there, when she's explaining shit to him the music is really loud and its hard to hear what they're saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtTk...b_channel=JayM at the 2:45 mark.

I think it was only once in Tenet I experienced the same "issue".
    Hi

In Interstellar, when Murph finds the watch towards the end and runs outside and meets her brother there, when she's explaining shit to him the music is really loud and its hard to hear what they're saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtTk...b_channel=JayM at the 2:45 mark.

I think it was only once in Tenet I experienced the same "issue".
    1. I can hear what she's saying even if its somewhat muffled.
    2. You don't need to understand what she's saying since the visuals adequately tell you what she's saying.
    3. Tenet used very little music and had a lot of industrial sounding noise. I didn't find this inappropriate but it was very loud at times. Tenet's plot isn't complicated (its a James Bond movie) but some of the details do require some thought and I feel I lost a few details here and there.
    4. Not all versions of Tenet have the same sound. The local theatreplex was different quality viewings. I went to the regular show. If I went to their more premium cinema I might've had a better experience but its showtimes were less convenient. I didn't want to stay up past 1:00 AM watching a movie.

I didn't really like the first hour and a half of the film because of the typical action movie, but the second half of the film turned out incredibly cool.