Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So one person complained. And one person responded to that complaint and said they'd do what was asked. Seems like nothing was "forced" on anyone.
    One person complaining about an icon they aren't being "forced" to use means nobody should be allowed to use it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Capitalism is the religion of America, it just has some Christian elements
    Well fuck I wonder what most people's religion are in this country and why this is then?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It's not religious, despite the origins of santa being that of st. Nicholas, the symbol and image of Santa's become its own thing apart from the Christian side of the season.
    Go further back and he is a modern version of Odin from the old Norse religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    1. Santa isn't a religious symbol. Last I checked the modern iteration with that particular hat was invented by Coca-cola, which is not a religion (yet).

2. When did Christmas cost millions of jews their lives? o_O
    Not millions... but several thousands in the first crusade in Germany, and several prognoms here and there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Not millions... but several thousands in the first crusade in Germany, and several prognoms here and there.
    First crusades? The Christians had barely had time to steal the celebration of Jôl from the Scandinavians, and rename it Christ mass when the first crusade was held.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rymr View Post
    Go further back and he is a modern version of Odin from the old Norse religions.
    I know, infact a lot of Christmas traditions come from other cultures and religious, like paganism or Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    straightface.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Nevermind. I read bad sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    When the elves went on strike and Santa outsourced his labor to Germany in the 1940s.
    Someone had to build those V2 rockets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I know, infact a lot of Christmas traditions come from other cultures and religious, like paganism or Roman.
    Modern Christmas = Basically a Coca-Cola ad from the 1920's mixed with hyper-capitalism to create what is basically just another Hallmark holiday like Valentines day. Just a way to sell a lot of junk to give corps a way to massively boost sales a few days a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post

Modern Christmas = Basically a Coca-Cola ad from the 1920's mixed with hyper-capitalism to create what is basically just another Hallmark holiday like Valentines day. Just a way to sell a lot of junk to give corps a way to massively boost sales a few days a year.
    and as much as you might hate the idea of it, that kind of capital gives wealth and growth for countries that embrace it to become richer as a result. It also promotes more charity work because of its association, and in general lets people have an excuse to spend time with family they might otherwise find not other time of the year to see or spend time with. So regardless how it started it still has its worth in something.

Think it's time we as a people started to evolve from believing in Gods, the amount of harm that came from religion is far too much, even to this day you have batshit insane Christians, Catholics or Muslims (and many others, there will be no mercy) still out there pushing their beliefs on to others

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Trolls like that are why Faux News is convinced there's a War on Christmas
    Exactly. There is no war on Christmas, its fake news meant to fuel up hate and divide... I been celebrating Christmas the same way for the last 37 years and nothing is different I go outside and its the same stuff in the street and the same decorations, same horrible Chistimas music, and same horrible weather.

This is the same as the trollish far right spreading rumours on 4chan about the okay symbol of the thumbs up signs being racist and the left being so gullible to believe it.... stop, just stop this BS. Yet here I am doing all of it and no one has blinked an eye. Remember when people said secret Santa was offensive a few years back, oh look people are still doing it, remember when that Christmas song (Baby It;s Cold Outside) on the radio was offensive becuase it encouraged harassment last year and yet I have heard it twice on the radio this year around Christmas. Remember the (x) person who wanted to ban Christmas Trees? Or make Santa a non-binary gender? Every fucking year yet none of it happens because none of it was true and if it was true then it was faux outrage that people knew was shit and we forgot about it.

This shit has been going on for 5 years, people are banning this, people will ban this, people are getting offending by this, every Christmas. Yet after Christmas is over and none of it happened or gets forgot about by next Christmas because by then fake news outlets and outrage influences give us something else to be offended by, when no one is actually offended. (or maybe a small pocket of vocal twitter users are)

I generally think our lives are so good now we have gotten to the point where we are making up stuff to be offended by just so we can be offended. It's like we're bored and need something to complain about. This is why humanity will never find world peace, because humanity is stupid as fuck. Judgement day cannot come soon enough
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-12-26 at 03:58 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, since jewish symbols are symbols of oppression to palestinians n muslims, I vote we ban jewish symbols, mention of hanukah, etc.

only fair

5+ Year Old Account
    Lets close this thread. Any non-forbidden contributions have been exhausted.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."