Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Those that whine that flying ruins PvP are referring to exactly that. They are whining because they can't grief lowbies anymore and that is not PvP.
    except i didn't say a thing about flying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The actual intended purpose was to allow players that like wPvP the ability to toggle it on, and those that don’t to turn it off. So, for instance, a person raids with a guild on a PvP server and hates PvP they can turn it off and still play with their friends and guild mates. If a person on a PvE server wants to wPvP they have the same option.
    The bonus was just that, a bonus to make it feel rewarding to those that opt in to a more dangerous play experience. The issue with that is the players that do it for the bonus and then complain about PvP.
    This is the only post that people need to read tbh.

Its just an optional PVP server you can jump into and out whenever you feel like it. Sometimes I turn it off when I don't feel like pvping but leave it on for the most part.

The other galaxy brain explanations are completely fucking idiotic.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Sorry to shove that mirror into your face. Wpvp is not real pvp content. For most of the time it is ganking lowlevel players, solo players in a group or players who are not interested in engaging in pvp and actively try to avoid it while being coerced by Blizzard putting rather strong pve rewards into WM. Real pvp is instanced ranked pvp. Here you have skill-based pvp with an actual route to character progression. Wpvp doesn't offer you any such rewards, it is about people who don't or can't compete in ranked pvp feeling strong for defeating inferior opponents and getting joy out of ruining the game experience for others.

There is a reason why world pvp died when instanced bgs where introduced.

Listeen here you self-righteous elitest, it doesn't matter if you think somethings "real pvp" or not. Don't you get it? Some people like doing skill-based charracter progression and you have features that reflects thats, go do it. But no need to shame people that just like wpvp. I even agree with you. Ranked pvp is more challanging and the rewards reflect it. I can't understand your issue here? Are you sure you should'nt just turn off warmode now that it's borthering you so much?

WarMode has a toggle, these threads shouldn’t exist. :/

Would you prefer it if you were on a PvP realm? If that were so, you would’ve never been able to complete those incursions.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    This is the only post that people need to read tbh.

Its just an optional PVP server you can jump into and out whenever you feel like it. Sometimes I turn it off when I don't feel like pvping but leave it on for the most part.

The other galaxy brain explanations are completely fucking idiotic.
    If that was really all it was, then why is blizzard trying to coerce players into using war mode with PVE bonuses and extra abilities(some of which used to be PVE talents!)?

It's clearly not meant to be just a pvp mode to emulate PVP servers. Otherwise it would have nothing BUT the pvp flag.

To implore random world pvp. Not enough people enjoy it (Or chances are they'd be on a Wpvp server), so they crank up the bonuses to strengthen the carrot, which works for some I guess. I think I've used it once, by a misclick. Warmode is unneeded, it'd be plenty enough with the pvp tag. Blizzard just won't let it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    WarMode has a toggle, these threads shouldn’t exist. :/

Would you prefer it if you were on a PvP realm? If that were so, you would’ve never been able to complete those incursions.
    Sure, I'd prefer if I were on a PvP realm, because then I could just reroll on another realm and never be bothered by it again.

As it stands, a 25% bonus is just too significant to give up, even if I run into an easily avoided ganksquad maybe twice a week.

To contextualise this with an example, WQs aren't even the most effective source of gold, but I have made 400k gold since Blizzcon from WQs alone. 25% on top of that is no joke. Now imagine that for an entire expansion, now imagine that for the other rewards (AP and resources - might not be relevant anymore on my main, but are much needed on my alts).

The bonus is not negligible.
    Last edited by Ashiraya; 2019-12-22 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    Sure, I'd prefer if I were on a PvP realm, because then I could just reroll on another realm and never be bothered by it again.

As it stands, a 25% bonus is just too significant to give up, even if I run into an easily avoided ganksquad maybe twice a week.

To contextualise this with an example, WQs aren't even the most effective source of gold, but I have made 400k gold since Blizzcon from WQs alone. 25% on top of that is no joke. Now imagine that for an entire expansion, now imagine that for the other rewards (AP and resources - might not be relevant anymore on my main, but are much needed on my alts).

The bonus is not negligible.
    Yeah I get your point. 25% is pretty big, to the point where you turn it off and it literally hurts you.

But it's Blizzard, Blizzard nowadays is... Well... Lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only reason I've tried it is to check what those air drops give at the start of the expansion. Was disappointed, and didn't enter warmode since, except maybe once to do a quest.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    The purpose of Warmode is to make PvP opt-in on every realm. While you might say that it was always opt-in, that is true, but now people are free to roll on whichever realm they want (such as playing with friends), without worrying about PvP.

So what is the point of wPvP? Well, the point is that it's anything you can make of it. Do you just want to kill players all day long in open PvP? Do you just want to PvP while questing? Do you want to represent your faction pride and secure kills and rares for your faction? Do you want, mostly, free loot through airdrops? Do you the Warmode bonus?

World PvP is a blank canvas and you get to choose what you want to do in it. If you decide that everything is unappealing to you, you can turn it off. If you decide that everyone except the bonuses are unappealing, you can play and simply not fight back.