Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    There is really no incentive for the elves to actually take troll lovers is the issue with it. Unless the horde starts bringing some eugenics policy with forced interbreeding in attempt to fiddle with soldierly assets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i do expect to see Nightborne X Blood Elves, i just hope their children don't become a weird Half-thing or a new thing, i hope they just have the chance to be born as one or the other with some minor details of the other (like eye colors) nothing more. (Do not want more random elves races for no apparent reason)

Trolls X Elves, unsure, i don't see it happening for a while, Nightborne are quite new to the Horde and they are quite likely to interact mainly with BEs and nothing else, the BE X Troll, is unlikely as it seem that the BE still see the Troll as... primitive, in Suramar the BE use Trolls as an insult for Night Elves and in this expansion, we do see some BE in Zandalar, talking like turist and talking shit about the Troll city, so yeah, i don't think they will be... interested in each other for quite some time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Muts tend to live longer because they haven't been subject to hundreds of years of selective breeding to enforce certain visual traits that lead to poor health. Generally speaking pure bred dogs would have the same life spans if not for human interference. If you want to be specific about it, pure bred dogs are just the muts of 500 years ago.
    Fair enough, I just have a massive hate on for the kennel club what it's done to many dog breeds.

As for the thread, sadly we're probably never see more mixed races in wow, not because races can't genetically mix, but just because it would be a nightmare for the devs to make happen. This is why they make halfbreed characters rare, and don't even always make unique models for them.
    It's like lantresor of the blade, this is how he should look:

Instead here's how he looks in-game:
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-12-23 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Why is that gross? The Horde is not supposed to be racist.
    Are you attracted to literal Apes? Because I bet we're closer to Apes than many of the WoW races are to each other. That's why.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Trolls may be more fertile but I doubt half trolls would choose troll culture over comfortable elf culture.
    You know I use to think that , but I'm not sure cos other explanations exist.

for xample, elves are very healathy and live near eprfect lives, when yyou consider their nature love and arcane augmentation, they'd be 100% fertile and perefectly so, they also have another reason than poor fertility for their low birth rates - nightborne had limited space and resources so likely kept their numbers low, Darnassians night elves were so fixated on their long vigil, with the males sleeping for thousands of years at atime and the females roaming in hunting parties endlessly, - time wouldn't have been made to breed. The shen'dralar started killing their own populace to reduce the magic consumption Also when you consider high class elven life as would be amongst the high elves and night elves at other times, with a long or immortal life span, there would be no hurry to breed, no fear of death, and plenty of time to get the perfect timing for relationships and plan for children.

Furthermore, elves are obsessively schoralry and dedicated, across the board.. all the classes of night elves and thalassian elves, have a penchant for knowledge, study,perfection and mastering their art, highly focused lives, treacherous missions and tasks like the long vigil as well as studying whether nature, the emerald dream, the race, the light, Elune, the void or whatever can be obsessive - when people dedicate themselves to their work or have such high work ethic, they don't tend to breed that much or sex that much.

When people also have well rounded lives, whole and healthy, they don't need to compensate for misery and suffering with sex, which motivates a lot of breeding. Also the psychological problems and emotional instabilities are far less common in elves, these factors also commonly lead humans to have much more sex and obviously more children.

I think these are the main factors that cause the elves to have smaller numbers, rather than infertility.

However as this has never been revealed, we could be wrong. elven numbers are low because of the genocides they have all experienced.. The elves' first genocide was in the sundering, then the Thalassians had an event in the scourge invasion, the night elves also lost many in the WC3 Legion invasion, took the biggest losses from the combined effect of the CAtaclysm Darkshore, cultists, naga, Garrosh's horde and Firelands, by Legion they were so low in numbers, you barely saw them in numbers. Nightborne lost a lot taking Moonguard Stronghold and then again from the legion and then the invasion to take the Nighthold. Then the Kaldorei had a second genocide in the war of thorns.

This explains why their numbers are so low, we haven't really seen or had elves described in "normal life" conditions when they are portrayed in books or the game. The nightborne remain the clearest picture given for any elven group, and they are pre-sundering Kaldorei society, and even that had the demons amongst them disrupting things.

The history of the night elves given in WC3, didn't make it sound like they had large number increases, they weren't busy doing civilization and family, trade and normal life, it was duty, duty, duty all the way - like they were doing a self penance, with druids (the bulk of males) devoted to hard work in the dream, and most of the femlaes in the patrolling hunting parties - the small village of nighthaven was their capital and main centre for nearly 10,000 years, which indicates what type of life they ahd, I don't think I recall any reference to major settlements older than WC3 apart from Nighthaven - what would have constituted a village may have been maybe a lodge from before the sundering in remote areas like Winterspring, or houses like the ones we see in Asehnvale.

But we don't really know for certain, this is my guestimate based on the knowledge I have.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You know I use to think that , but I'm not sure cos other explanations exist.

for xample, elves are very healathy and live near eprfect lives, when yyou consider their nature love and arcane augmentation, they'd be 100% fertile and perefectly so, they also have another reason than poor fertility for their low birth rates - nightborne had limited space and resources so likely kept their numbers low, Darnassians night elves were so fixated on their long vigil, with the males sleeping for thousands of years at atime and the females roaming in hunting parties endlessly, - time wouldn't have been made to breed. The shen'dralar started killing their own populace to reduce the magic consumption Also when you consider high class elven life as would be amongst the high elves and night elves at other times, with a long or immortal life span, there would be no hurry to breed, no fear of death, and plenty of time to get the perfect timing for relationships and plan for children.

Furthermore, elves are obsessively schoralry and dedicated, across the board.. all the classes of night elves and thalassian elves, have a penchant for knowledge, study,perfection and mastering their art, highly focused lives, treacherous missions and tasks like the long vigil as well as studying whether nature, the emerald dream, the race, the light, Elune, the void or whatever can be obsessive - when people dedicate themselves to their work or have such high work ethic, they don't tend to breed that much or sex that much.

When people also have well rounded lives, whole and healthy, they don't need to compensate for misery and suffering with sex, which motivates a lot of breeding. Also the psychological problems and emotional instabilities are far less common in elves, these factors also commonly lead humans to have much more sex and obviously more children.

I think these are the main factors that cause the elves to have smaller numbers, rather than infertility.

However as this has never been revealed, we could be wrong. elven numbers are low because of the genocides they have all experienced.. The elves' first genocide was in the sundering, then the Thalassians had an event in the scourge invasion, the night elves also lost many in the WC3 Legion invasion, took the biggest losses from the combined effect of the CAtaclysm Darkshore, cultists, naga, Garrosh's horde and Firelands, by Legion they were so low in numbers, you barely saw them in numbers. Nightborne lost a lot taking Moonguard Stronghold and then again from the legion and then the invasion to take the Nighthold. Then the Kaldorei had a second genocide in the war of thorns.

This explains why their numbers are so low, we haven't really seen or had elves described in "normal life" conditions when they are portrayed in books or the game. The nightborne remain the clearest picture given for any elven group, and they are pre-sundering Kaldorei society, and even that had the demons amongst them disrupting things.

The history of the night elves given in WC3, didn't make it sound like they had large number increases, they weren't busy doing civilization and family, trade and normal life, it was duty, duty, duty all the way - like they were doing a self penance, with druids (the bulk of males) devoted to hard work in the dream, and most of the femlaes in the patrolling hunting parties - the small village of nighthaven was their capital and main centre for nearly 10,000 years, which indicates what type of life they ahd, I don't think I recall any reference to major settlements older than WC3 apart from Nighthaven - what would have constituted a village may have been maybe a lodge from before the sundering in remote areas like Winterspring, or houses like the ones we see in Asehnvale.

But we don't really know for certain, this is my guestimate based on the knowledge I have.
    Oh, yes. Higher culture is also a reason. As I somewhere heard "love is the cheapest entertainment".

We don't know their fertility but we know that trolls are super fertile. I admit I made assumption without enough of data. Witcher gave me headcanon.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Are you attracted to literal Apes? Because I bet we're closer to Apes than many of the WoW races are to each other. That's why.
    Because apes aren't sentient on a level humans are. An orc and a draenei is on the same level of sentience as a human being in the real world.

Long lived races are much, much less likely to produce children. It is just down to biology. While a menstrual cycle for a human happens monthly, any elven race is likely to see it occur more along the lines of a Vulcan Pon Farr (the need to mate every seven years).

I dont know what sort of weird fetish the originator of this thread is looking for justification on, but Trolls - who are numerous, but who live short lives as a result of their Nature - are more likely than not Totally incompatible with Elves at this point, even though they are a related species in the Warcraft universe.

Na... I mean, if some blood elf decides that will be just a one time only or something.

I see blood elves breeding with Nightborne or High Elves instead, as in a "forbidden love" for High Elves, and for example Thalyssra and Lor'themar are getting somewhere, and one is Blood elf leader and other is Nightborne Leader. Maybe some blood elves can get out of the human fascination and start breeding with other kind of Elves. Tbh Elves always had more tendency (in a story way) to breed with other Elves, so their race keeps untouched and doesn't go in extinction.

- - - Updated - - -

Lor'themar: Thank you again for leading our forces in Nazjatar alongside me, Thalyssra. Your insight and courage were key to our victory.
    First Arcanist: It was an honor, Lor'themar. I am relieved the war is finally over. Now you have no excuse to refuse my invitation to visit Suramar.
    Lor'themar: Well, uh... I have been away from Silvermoon for some time. No doubt my people require--
    First Arcanist: Halduron has assured me that Quel'Thalas is quite secure. And Rommath said that if you put up a fuss, he will teleport you to the Nighthold himself.
    Lor'themar: It seems my closest allies are conspiring against me!
    First Arcanist: Would it really take a conspiracy for you to spend time alone with me?
    Lor'themar: No, my lady. It would be my pleasure.
    First Arcanist: A suitably chivalrous answer, Regent Lord. There may be hope for you yet! Perhaps I can even teach you to relish the... simpler joys of life.
    Lor'themar: Perhaps you can, First Arcanist. Perhaps you can.
    First Arcanist: I will accept, if you will stand by my side, as counselor... and friend.

I don't want to put an image directly here but this is so funny

I hate to yuck the op's weird fetish yum but... Yeah no.

Trolls and Blood Elves have a long very negative history and I frankly don't expect the elves to get on with trolls, even if they are another tribe. Trolls are the enemy and have been for thousands of years. If anything they're probably barely tolerated by the elves if only because the horde.

Culturally they are fairly incompatible and frankly we have enough half-elf things going on with the windrunner sisters liking that human potential.

We see players in game do these weird male troll having a female blood elf thing from time to time in RP but it seems very fetish driven involving power play and domination with an unhealthy dose of misogyny. It's all about putting her in her place if not outright assaulty. Truthfully it's more than little gross. To each their own if all parties are giving enthusiastic ooc consent but I personally avoid it.

Hard no to this as official lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Because apes aren't sentient on a level humans are. An orc and a draenei is on the same level of sentience as a human being in the real world.
    Still makes you kind of a furry though.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    This is a weird argument when human/elf hybrids already exist, and the relative intelligence of apes/humans isn't really comparable to, say trolls/elves. I don't see Apes working 9-5s or going to med school, but I do see troll mages and priests...

As far as I'm aware, the current belief is that neanderthals and denisovans interbred, which is probably a more apt comparison. Even just the existence of mules seems to indicate that nature will tend to fuck whatever it wants.

To be clear, I'm not arguing it would be at all common, but it would certainly happen. So I disagree with the OP (I don't think elves are going to ever be close enough in any reasonable timeframe to not feel "above" trolls as a society - there will be more tolerant individuals, however).
    Last edited by yamix; 2019-12-24 at 08:04 PM. Reason: clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    This is a weird argument when human/elf hybrids already exist, and the relative intelligence of apes/humans isn't really comparable to, say trolls/elves. I don't see Apes working 9-5s or going to med school, but I do see troll mages and priests...

As far as I'm aware, the current belief is that neanderthals and denisovans interbred, which is probably a more apt comparison. Even just the existence of mules seems to indicate that nature will tend to fuck whatever it wants.

To be clear, I'm not arguing it would be at all common, but it would certainly happen. So I disagree with the OP (I don't think elves are going to ever be close enough in any reasonable timeframe to not feel "above" trolls as a society - there will be more tolerant individuals, however).
    I completely agree with you.
    -Darsithis