Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    I mean if its real or not.. they probably are concerned.. they are looking at their white board and all the ideas are "what we have done before a half dozen times, and how can we make it appear different to milk a few months of subs from the masses before we fall back to the old dependables that will die on any hill for us to make it to the next expansion where we hopefully repeat".

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Jesus crist he is not talking about that. It ia just classic team is clearly more passionate and understands far more what makes mmorpg game true mmo which is something what retail devs clearly lack.
    Did you know that Ion is game director of both games?

  3. #123
    Pit Lord msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Ayyy this will be a good thread

    You'r right OP, Classic is dominating the Retail and it's not even a competition anymore - BfA is really bad. When they demote Ion Hazzaquestions and let the Super Classic Bros. Team launch World of WoW 2 we'll see the second golden age of MMORPGs.
    Epic rap battle of the century, Ion vs Tom Chilton.

  4. #124
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,627
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    activision don't view a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER game success is measured by how many players play it, only and purely by how much profit it makes
    as long some idiots spend lot of cash on cash shop they are making more profit for less work than older times
    Because wow players - and every other game they produce player - isn't their target consumer, their target is only the shareholders, we are from Bobby pov only a tool to improve his look in front of shareholders eyes so he can fire more employees and increase his already most overpayed american ceo salary in gaming industry

    It is why they refuse to release sub numbers, an info that should be our right to know, since u know, in a MULTIPLAYER game, u need to know how many actually play it
    No, you dont have a 'right to know'. You have a desire to know, which is quite different. You dont 'need to know', again its a desire to know.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Jesus crist he is not talking about that. It ia just classic team is clearly more passionate and understands far more what makes mmorpg game true mmo which is something what retail devs clearly lack.
    They don't "understands far more". They literally just recreated Vanilla WoW, no understanding or passion needed. It's also completely inapplicable to retail, because the classic team has no content devs. Put the Classic team on retail and you get no expansion because they don't have the ability to actually make one and not remotely enough manpower to get it done in a reasonable timeframe, either.

  6. #126
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,195
    We need to call a septic truck for this topic.

    And I don't know which is worse: the fact people have enough time on their hands to post nonsense like this, or the people who buy into it.

  7. #127
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,627
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    but activision flat out stated that they don't measure a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER game success by how many play it but by how many idiots pay for cash shop)
    I wanna see this.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  8. #128
    Once again, since this thread has somehow reached 7 pages without anybody mentioning it: If there were ANY possibility Classic was going to have a major effect on the trajectory of WoW moving forward we would have heard about it at BlizzCon. Yet, Classic didn't even get a panel. Retail is still where Blizzard is focusing its resources, despite what angry, delusional reaction YouTubers want people to think.

    The sad thing is, imo, some people are dense enough to believe this drivel.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Jesus crist he is not talking about that. It ia just classic team is clearly more passionate and understands far more what makes mmorpg game true mmo which is something what retail devs clearly lack.
    The Classic team IS THE RETAIL TEAM. This was a PASSION project:

    "A passion project is an activity or enterprise that you decide to take on—usually in your spare time"

    Login to Classic, look at the credits and google those names. The Classic devs ARE the FUCKING retail devs.

  10. #130
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Jesus crist he is not talking about that. It ia just classic team is clearly more passionate and understands far more what makes mmorpg game true mmo which is something what retail devs clearly lack. Since very beggining most wow devs and blizz itself had classic as side project for few players. It turned out to be biggest launch in wow history and it shows no sings of stoping.
    So Ion Classic knows more than Ion Retail? Even though they are the same person? What EXACTLY was 'developed'? The super secret cut and paste to make classic work on the current game framework?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  11. #131
    One of the posts says Diablo 4 is going to be a first person shooter in the Overwatch engine, with classes having Overwatch ultimates. None of that has happened. We haven't had a legit leak in ages now. Next.

  12. #132
    classic has proven to me that vanilla wasnt so great because it was good, but because it was the best we had 15 years ago.
    it has a endless list of design flaws and the gameplay is very inferior to modern games.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    As someone who quit Classic and now plays BfA lightly, what a stupid ass argument. That's like saying "do you really think the western world is safer these days, my uncle was followed by a hobo last month?"
    None of what you have said makes any sense.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    WoD peaked at 10 mil. Try again.
    my bad i said reached instead of fell

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's not the point. The point is that the game they made is garbage when a reashed 15 year old product warranted more attention and apparently success
    ha ha lol.

  16. #136
    The Classic team is what? A dozen people at most who more like archaeologists than architects?

    Shit theory, shit idea.

  17. #137
    "The Classic team did so much better. I bet the retail team is nervous about losing their jobs to the Classic team"

    The retail team that's also the classic team: ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ ° )
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  18. #138
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    18,874
    Heelsvsbabyface looooooool

    I don't disagree this expansion is a disgrace, but holy crap, get someone with just a dash of integrity.
    Currently playing Path of Exile: Mighty Metamorphing Power Rangers!
    i9-9900K | NH-D15 | eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid FTW3 Hybrid | 32GB DDR4 | 1.25TB NVMe | 1.5TB SSD |
    Z390 Aorus Master | 7TB HDD | SeaSonic 750w 80+ Titanium PRIME | Chassis TBD
    Samsung 34" 3440x1440 Curved | Schiit MODI 2 + ASGARD 2 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Presonus Eris E5*2 | KRK 10S | Shure BETA 58A

    Canon 5D Mark IV | Canon 7D Mark II | 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM | 70-200mm f/2.8 L II IS USM | 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM MACRO |
    Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art | Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Sport

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    It doesn't seem possible to me.

    Most of the people I know that were "excited" about Classic have already stopped playing due to various issues (some got bored, some didn't like no multi-tap (sitting around waiting for a mob to spawn is a little out dated, lack of tanks, iT got cleared in less than a week...).

    They all went back to retail and are still playing.

    What the OP has posted just hasn't been my experience with it.

    I think the last few expansions have been problematic for Blizz because they are relying on an old content model. They use raids to push the content. Group content is a little passe at this point (it was cool 10 years ago when it was new, gamers have moved on). Players now prefer "co-op" over "group finder," just look at what is coming out from the industry.

    If Blizz wants their "retail version" of WOW to have success again, they will have to dump the out dated conttent model and get with what is current. They are completely doing this to themselves.....

    I have hopes with some of the things I have heard from shadowlands that they are taking some steps away from raids being the "end all," I bet those steps will work out well while all the "old model" stuff they do will continue to fail as it has been.
    I completely diagree with ALL of that.

    My Retail guild was dead the moment Classic launched. It still is. There is absolutely no reason to ply Retail right now. What are you supposed to do there? Grind out your 4th lvl70 neck and do Nazjatar quests for the 400th time to unlock the same essence again? No thanks. I would not do that. I AM not doing it. And at least in my b.net contacts people seem to shae this mindset. There are always people online in my classic guild, though. MC group still gets full, and i play on one of the smallest Classic-Realms in the world.

    Will people come back for 8.3? Of course. But how long will that last? Raids without Tier-Sets are completely oblivious. Clear them one time, never come back. In Classic you can go and collect Tier-Set....and mindblowingly players actually seem to prefer that over Retail even though the quality of the content is absolute garbarge.

    And that Co-Op thing you mentioned...that would mean removing roles from the game and just have people run over the hills alongside each other all the time like in fucking warfronts. You know what my b.net contacts also agree on? That warfronts are one of the smelliest turds ever excreeted upon this game. It's true that most current games throw a co-op mode onto you IN ADDITION to a single-player-campaign. And that's fine. But WoW is crap as a single-player-experience. And always was. Group-Content is where it shines. And that RELIES on roles. I would argue Blizzard should go the complete opposite direction from what you said and RETURN to more group-based content instead of co-op BS like warfronts and Island-Expeditions.

    The sad truth is that Classic is a better version of WoW than BFA is. Not because of the content, not even because of the gameplay (BFA is worse than MoP, Cataclysm or Legion...but it's still way better than Classic)...no....Classic is better because it actually is an MMO. Something Retail stopped being some years ago and really has not found a new thing to be just yet. Blizzard tried to "innovate"...but failed miserably. They need to go back. They need to think hard. From what we know about SL so far (no changes to the fundamental class design, no removal of dead specs, no addition of new specs, no major changes to the gearing system, probably no Tier-Sets again) the expansion will only be slightly better than BFA just because it skips the faction-BS.

    Will Classic be successful forever? No way. But will players that leave classic actually return to retail as long as retail is what BFA is? I doubt it.

  20. #140
    I'm still searching for evidence refuting the claim that HeelvsBabyFace is a clone of Henry VIII.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •