Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    You are trying to argue that something that was extremely popular in it's hayday, doesn't draw from that when it comes back around. It's the same shit Disney used to do with it's "vault". It's old, it's popular, and prior to the launch of classic, it was hard to find for the majority of people who might be interested in it. I never said BFA was good, just that it's quality likely wouldn't have made a difference against classic since classic brought back people who lost interest post vanilla, which is largely based on nostalgia.

    People need to realize that stating people are interested due to nostalgia doesn't mean the product is bad, just that the thing that sparked the initial interest is typically backed by strong happy memories, like watching an old favorite movie, doesn't make the movie bad, just means your drive to watch it was pushed by "man, I loved this movie as a kid!".
    So what's the disagreement here? Are you saying Classic popularity is all about nostalgia? Because I never said there isn't nostalgia involved, obviously there is. But it isn't nostalgia that keeps people playing neither was nostalgia that made vanilla WoW a popular game back in the day.

    Even if it is, if nostalgia is enough to make BFA look bad then BFA as the current WoW iteration failed hard.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    They sold over 200k fucking toys on the cash shop in a few months.
    BfA is well over 1m players.
    citation needed,i highly doubt they sold almost as much as the legion pet this fast,first off we know for a fact legion had more players,and secondly the pets arent even close to being worth the same,one is a awsome fel cat

  3. #163
    Banned Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,743
    im pretty sure the retail team is pissed off because the expansion was shit, poor received and classic had much more success and attention

    but i have to say i don't believe your sources pal, 233%? come on

  4. #164
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    Whether it's the BFA-Classic Survey that was just leaked (See 1), or the leaks from a disgruntled employee that came out in the Summer (See 2), two things have become quite clear:
    BFA is a Catastrophe, and the Retail team is SCARED!

    Sources:

    1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7SKM5HAFsA (Leaked Blizzard survey about BFA/Classic)
    2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufOxzM3e8Ho (Summer 2019 Leaks from Disgruntled Employee)
    3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct51GNS7Epw (First BFA survey)

    According to the internal leaks (2), BFA was a catastrophe that the Retail team refused to acknowledge, even though subscriber numbers dipped below 1 Million.

    Now apparently the Retail team was becoming afraid that the Classic team was going to replace them, and when you compound that with the fact subscriber numbers went up a reported 233% when Classic came out, had over a Million viewers on Twitch, and won the PC Game of the Year 2019 at the Golden Joystick awards; something BFA did NOT win, you can see why the Retail team is scared about keeping their jobs.

    Remember, this is the SECOND BFA survey Blizzard has sent out in a year. Because it looks like they're desperate to get people to play this dumpster-fire of an expansion.

    They even had a question in the survey (1) to see if you even knew the name of the next expansion...pre-orders must be really low.

    I wonder why.

    I wonder why people don't want to buy re-hashed garbage expansions...it's a real mystery to me.

    I thought people liked doing World quests, Mission tables, collecting mounts, pets, and achievements.

    Classic is dominating the game right now, and the Retail team are scared their jobs might be on the chopping block next.
    oh that leak that only guessed things we already knew about, but got 90% of everything wrong?
    Yeah that is totally legit.
    alright next?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    citation needed,i highly doubt they sold almost as much as the legion pet this fast,first off we know for a fact legion had more players,and secondly the pets arent even close to being worth the same,one is a awsome fel cat
    actually he is right, remember the whole drama about the mythic invitional was because of how many toys were sold.


    hes not talking about the BFA dottie pet, hes talking the toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  5. #165
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,627
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    their own statement on why they stopped reporting sub numbers, stating there are 'other ways' from their pov
    back then i didn't understand it, but now i understand, we aren't the target audience in first place, just a cog in the wheel to please shareholders
    And NO WHERE in the link was cash shop mentioned... THAT is what I wanted you to back up... Care to explain why you yanked that out of your ass?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so how to measure an online MULTIPLAYER game success, if not by how many actually play it, like every other online game does ? Even FF14 does that (also they do that in sh8tty way, like check how many total numbers we have yay... blizz had over 100 million account by wrath era, beat that)

    - - - Updated - - -


    i hate the idea of 'twitch streamer' and see it nothing than an online beggars (if they just play and wait viewers 'donations' to get their income), but Asmon is probably most famous wow streamer, and he has massive influence on wow
    which isn't a good sign imo for current society... but that's another topic
    You can measure it by how long you wait to log in, or how many things on the AH, I really dont care... you still dont have a RIGHT to the information.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  6. #166
    I guess it's more like the ClassiCuck-OP is paranoid because all people running away from his 17 year old patch from the real game, so he has to made some shit up with his ClassiCuck-Friends.

  7. #167
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,894
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's not the point. The point is that the game they made is garbage when a reashed 15 year old product warranted more attention and apparently success
    It very clearly the point when OP is claiming that "retail team is afraid of being replaced by classic team".
    Which is obviously total BS as "classic team" isn't a thing. They aren't a complete dev team of a full Blizzard game. They just ported vanilla on retail engine. Period.
    There is a small core watching that everything runs smooth and patch things that needs to be. But there is no designer, no artist, nothing. It's just not a "team".

    And factually, you can look the classic realms. It's pretty much as dead as retail nowadays. There is nothing to be afraid of. Wow as a whole is not in peak shape retail or classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    you do realize that ion is the one who designed this game to hell right, he's the reason this game is garbage because he has no fucking clue what made this game great as he started to take over in 2010-2011 and it's been going downhill since then....

    i mean wake the fuck up lol
    you do realise it not an authoritarian dictatorship right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    I guess it's more like the ClassiCuck-OP is paranoid because all people running away from his 17 year old patch from the real game, so he has to made some shit up with his ClassiCuck-Friends.
    imagine being so invested in a game as your identity you need to use cuck as an insult, lol.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  9. #169
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    won the PC Game of the Year 2019 at the Golden Joystick awards
    A 2004 game won an award for games released in 2019? And I thought the VGAs were bad...
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

    "If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    I guess it's more like the ClassiCuck-OP
    And that’s where everyone stops reading your post lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  11. #171
    Login to classic wow clear mc with a complete random pug group for an hour and logout again. Do this once every week. Great game. Great design.

  12. #172
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    And NO WHERE in the link was cash shop mentioned... THAT is what I wanted you to back up... Care to explain why you yanked that out of your ass?

    You can measure it by how long you wait to log in, or how many things on the AH, I really dont care... you still dont have a RIGHT to the information.
    so u measure a game whose type is literally MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE success, IE needs a massive amount of players online,
    not by how many are online as literally the genre type describe, but by how crap is authentication server, or how much AH whales exist
    And here i thought that for a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game, u need to actually know if there is a massive playerbase online to play with or not
    go solo Kael for the 1502 time for that phoenix mount
    And what is the method to measure a MMO game from ur pov? how many furries it has?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so u measure a game whose type is literally MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE success, IE needs a massive amount of players online,
    not by how many are online as literally the genre type describe, but by how crap is authentication server, or how much AH whales exist
    And here i thought that for a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game, u need to actually know if there is a massive playerbase online to play with or not
    go solo Kael for the 1502 time for that phoenix mount
    And what is the method to measure a MMO game from ur pov? how many furries it has?
    because retail is no mmo game? It also got an insane playerbase - so that argument actually is true for both games? What's your point exactly?

  14. #174
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,983
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its extremly posible that it is under 1m,wod reached 3m was it?and i think we can all agree that bfa is far far worse than wod,wod wasnt bad it was just lacking in content,taking that in to consideration plus the people playing classic,its very posbile bfa is in the thausands now

    i know this is anecdotal but bfa is the first expansion i stoped playing,and the most friends i have seen stop playing,even in wod we all still played it
    no i don't agree...
    BFA doesn't have a 'major' patch that even blizz own employees weren't sure to call it a patch or not
    the selfie patch added to game selfie toy, ability to integrate ur twitter account to wow as new content, done, the raid was tested in wod beta so it was delayed not new content
    in entire wow history, no patch is as bad as selfie patch, i'm not saying that bfa is better, but unless blizz release an entire patch with only a toy as new content, nothing can beat the selfie patch

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    because retail is no mmo game? It also got an insane playerbase - so that argument actually is true for both games? What's your point exactly?
    i was answering his post -.-
    my point is easy, how u measure a MMO game success ? By how many copies sold then shelved, or due to nature of MMO that is sub-based the only way to measure its success is by how many play it only, since everything else (including token wow, cash shop mount and transfer services) are supposed to be tools to make gaming experience more pleasant, not be the game itself
    I'm asking, how to measure a MMO game success according to standards set by blizz themselves for over 10 years?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Login to classic wow clear mc with a complete random pug group for an hour and logout again. Do this once every week. Great game. Great design.
    Honestly this sounds great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  16. #176
    Yada yada bait page. Next.

  17. #177
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,627
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so u measure a game whose type is literally MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE success, IE needs a massive amount of players online,
    not by how many are online as literally the genre type describe, but by how crap is authentication server, or how much AH whales exist
    And here i thought that for a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game, u need to actually know if there is a massive playerbase online to play with or not
    go solo Kael for the 1502 time for that phoenix mount
    And what is the method to measure a MMO game from ur pov? how many furries it has?
    A successful game to me is one I enjoy playing... holy shit... you heard that right... a successful game to me is one I enjoy playing, because lets face it, if you aren't happy playing a game then does it really fucking matter how many others are playing it or how much money it makes?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So what's the disagreement here? Are you saying Classic popularity is all about nostalgia? Because I never said there isn't nostalgia involved, obviously there is. But it isn't nostalgia that keeps people playing neither was nostalgia that made vanilla WoW a popular game back in the day.

    Even if it is, if nostalgia is enough to make BFA look bad then BFA as the current WoW iteration failed hard.
    I am still playing because I have a couple friends that play. I still mainly play BFA because there is more to do, most people in classic are already raid logging(you know the complaint about BFA and most live). And Currently BFA plays very nicely, I enjoy the difficult bosses and creative mechanics they have.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Yes! You heard it here, retail is dead! Only classic remains, and will remain! VANILLA YESTERDAY! VANILLA TODAY! VANILLA FOREVER! Get wrecked you expansion whores, Burning Crusade ruined WoW! Now let us all sit here and enjoy this game frozen forever in time. Let the salt flow!
    A bunch of people say BC ruined WoW because of flying mounts, (but dont forget most classes felt complete in BC) but as we look at Classic/Vanilla that wouldnt be the case. In reality BGs killed wpvp look at it, the world is a desert now compared to a few weeks ago.. Now i know Vanilla and Classic are different but we are talking about Classic not Vanilla.

  20. #180
    seems more like some classic players is paranoid about retail, as he have to make (very poorly) fake survey...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •