Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Do you smoke too?
    Oh god cause tobacco is a plant too! Fuck, this world isn't getting scary.
    (No, I don't smoke. Never been a smoker. Thank god, considering the pain I would have caused to those poor tobacco leaves.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Are people really this stupid? By a few of the reply's here it looks like the answer is actually yes.
    Beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    I think meat eaters know - deep down below the surface - that eating animals is wrong, but they mask these feelings by dissing vegans to feel better about themselves. How do I know this? Just ask any meat eater if they would consider an alien species coming to Earth and starting to eat humans wrong or not. The truth hurts!
    This does not make a lot of sense.

I do not think it is wrong that I eat meat... literally we evolved this way. I don’t think evolution is “wrong”. Furthermore I literally have serious issues with a lot of plants just fucking me over so yeah no... I’m cool. I love lamb and I think they’re cute. I think pigs could make cool pets and I will eat the shit out of of pernil.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This does not make a lot of sense.

I do not think it is wrong that I eat meat... literally we evolved this way. I don’t think evolution is “wrong”. Furthermore I literally have serious issues with a lot of plants just fucking me over so yeah no... I’m cool. I love lamb and I think they’re cute. I think pigs could make cool pets and I will eat the shit out of of pernil.
    It makes perfect sense, you just choose not to see the logic because doing so would leave you feeling like a hypocrite. 99% of meat eaters would oppose (most violently) a higher intelligence replacing humans at the top of the food chain if it meant human meat could become an industry. You know this to be true, why deny it?

It makes perfect sense, you just choose not to see the logic because doing so would leave you feeling like a hypocrite. 99% of meat eaters would oppose (most violently) a higher intelligence replacing humans at the top of the food chain if it meant human meat could become an industry. You know this to be true, why deny it?
    We would oppose it because of self preservation what kind of non sense logic is that.

Vegens are fucking monsters!! Eat rocks and dirt you savages!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think meat eaters know - deep down below the surface - that eating animals is wrong!
    Er, no. We're animals, whom are omnivores, that eat meat (and plants) just like any other carnivore. It's natural, unlike this delusional thought that "it's wrong". The only difference is we got empathy, but don't confuse that for morality... there's nothing wrong with eating meat...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Take that vegans! :P

How long before we'll be licking stones?
    Next up are insects and kelp/seaweed based products. Ultimately we end up with Soylent Green and our own waste reprocessed in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely oppose a higher intelligence eating me.

Off topic: dam this cold roast beef sandwich is fucking delicious.

Edit Note:
    I left the lettuce and tomato off the sandwich. Only so much guilt I can handle when eating. Still, dammed delicious.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2019-12-21 at 01:19 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can not relate things plants do the same way us humans react to some stimuli in many aspects. In some ways they do, such as they will respond to some stimulants such as cut off a branch and it will do a process of healing the cut. They thrive better under certain circumstances versus others, etc.

Plants are a part of the life force which is within all living things in the universe. Mankind has dominion over all living things on the earth and we are at the top rein of the food chain. I have no issues with being there.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm a level 5 vegan -- I won't eat anything that casts a shadow."
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    "I'm a level 5 vegan -- I won't eat anything that casts a shadow."
    Free buffet at noon! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I would definitely oppose a higher intelligence eating me.

Off topic: dam this cold roast beef sandwich is fucking delicious.

Edit Note:
    I left the lettuce and tomato off the sandwich. Only so much guilt I can handle when eating. Still, dammed delicious.
    You eat meat because of flavor. You're ok with death, simply because it tastes good.

If someone offered you two different bowls of ice cream/cake/pastry/whatever, one with your favorite flavor and one with a flavor you're just ok with, and said you can choose either, but if you choose your favorite flavor, this puppy will be killed....most people would choose the other flavor. However, when offered a real burger versus an impossible burger, they will choose the real burger knowing full well a cow was slaughtered to provide that.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You eat meat because of flavor. You're ok with death, simply because it tastes good.

If someone offered you two different bowls of ice cream/cake/pastry/whatever, one with your favorite flavor and one with a flavor you're just ok with, and said you can choose either, but if you choose your favorite flavor, this puppy will be killed....most people would choose the other flavor. However, when offered a real burger versus an impossible burger, they will choose the real burger knowing full well a cow was slaughtered to provide that.
    That's a really nice non-interesting response that won't affect my enjoyment of meat at all.

... or produce.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    That's a really nice non-interesting response that won't affect my enjoyment of meat at all.

... or produce.
    Why would it, you have your mind made up and you couldn’t give less of a shit of something dies for your enjoyment.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Why would it, you have your mind made up and you couldn’t give less of a shit of something dies for your enjoyment.
    Go preach to all the animals out there that eat meat too. We ain't changing for your lil faux morality guilt trip...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Go preach to all the animals out there that eat meat too. We ain't changing for your lil faux morality guilt trip...
    It is true, lots of animals eat meat, lots also eat their young.

Its funny, but when you guys want to justify eating meat, you'll talk about how we have dominion over the animals and are above them but you'll also use the "animals eat animals" excuse when it suits you as well. I don't suppose you see how those are contradictory, no?

I hate to break it to you, but plants are alive too. This study may be bogus (we'll have to wait until it has actually been peer-reviewed), but "something dying" is a pretty stupid standard to use considering nearly all animal life relies on death to sustain itself.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but plants are alive too. This study may be bogus (we'll have to wait until it has actually been peer-reviewed), but "something dying" is a pretty stupid standard to use considering nearly all animal life relies on death to sustain itself.
    Considering the topic of the thread, and my other posts, I am obviously talking about living things with a central nervous system. Are you really requiring me to put a disclaimer in every one of my posts in this thread on the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    When a doctor cuts off a necrotic body part from an animal or a human they still use anesthetic so they don't feel pain.
    Right. So I’m going to apply some anesthesic topicals to the stem area and give him something in his water to make him go to sleep. Thanks.!!

(Just for fun dont take it seriously)
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Says the preachy guy.

Edit:
    What I should have said was something akin to - your posts, the equivalent of thoughts and prayers, are really swaying me.

-----

Enjoying some bacon, eggs and an English muffin right now. MMMM mmmmm mmmmm delicious!
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2019-12-21 at 04:58 PM.