Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Someone should tell him that this new trilogy seems to be giving people a new appreciation for the prequels!
    That’s true but another 3 movies down the line and a broken Lucas would likely be hearing that his new movies are giving a new appreciation to these ones.

Though it could be a kind of game, Lucas keeps selling to different movie company’s for them to make a new episode 7-9 only for Lucas to keep getting it back and making his own multi episode 7-9

A whole show based on that guy? Uggg.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

5+ Year Old Account
    From the other thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Something something, obi-wan kenobi show script re-writes..
    Recently
    I don't know what to say anymore...

Star Wars: Cassian Andor Show To Undergo Script Rewrites Before Filming
    Plz kill me now..

Rogue One Disney+ Show Was Planned Before Movie’s 2016 Release

BY REBECCA VANACKER
    FEB 20, 2020

Diego Luna, star of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, has revealed that the upcoming Disney+ show starring his character Cassian Andor has actually been in the works for awhile. Rogue One is a standalone offshoot of the Star Wars Skywalker saga. Released in 2016, it focused on the characters who stole the plans for the Death Star and takes place prior to all three main trilogies. In addition to Luna, the movie starred Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso and Ben Mendelsohn as Orson Krennic. Rogue One is notable for sacrificing all of its main characters in the end, though a happier alternate ending was also considered.

Disney first announced the Cassian Andor spinoff series in late 2018, explaining that it would be a prequel due to Cassian's death in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Since then, details about the show have slowly trickled out, with the reshoot director on Rogue One coming on board to write and direct. Earlier this month, Luna revealed that the Cassian Andor series would film at some point this year. However, soon after it came out that the show would need rewrites before filming could begin.

In an interview with IMDb, Luna discussed when he found out about the Cassian Andor spinoff show. Luna explained, "We said it as a joke many times, then it wasn't a joke anymore. I think when we were close to releasing the film the idea came up." He also expressed his doubt at the story actually coming to fruition, saying, "But I thought this is never gonna happen. I really prepared myself to enjoy the ride and then get off and become part of the audience again."

Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Diego Luna as Cassian Andor and Pedro Pascal as Din Djarin in Star Wars Rogue One Mandalorian
    The Cassian Andor show is one of the many original series in the works for Disney+. On the Star Wars side, the new streamer found massive success with The Mandalorian, which introduced the world to Baby Yoda. They're hoping to replicate that with Luna's show, as well as one featuring Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi. However, like with the Cassian Andor show, that series has also undergone rewrites. It's not necessarily a bad sign for either show, but rather an indicator that Disney wants to do both stories justice.

Luna's remarks may be surprising to some, as it shows just how far ahead the studio was planning the launch of Disney+. Since the new streamer just debuted in November 2019, this means Disney was thinking of show ideas three years in advance. However, considering the sheer number of studios Disney now owns, it makes sense that planning has to be done so far ahead of time. In addition to its Star Wars series, Disney+ is also launching several shows set in the MCU. The release of the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story spinoff is likely awhile away, but at least now fans know just how long Disney and Lucasfilm have been working on it.

Who the hell is Cassian Andor?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Who the hell is Cassian Andor?
    The guy whose show they had more than four f00kin years to complete a script for...jesus christ, kennedy is the corona virus of hollywood...

The guy whose show they had more than four f00kin years to complete a script for...jesus christ, kennedy is the corona virus of hollywood...
    It took them four years to find out that no one knows who this guy is?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It took them four years to find out that no one knows who this guy is?
    Nobody knew who Din Djarin was before the show either, don't matter, it's no excuse to not have a script. K.Kennedy's time has been a disaster...

5+ Year Old Account
    Kyle Soller? Who? What should Skarsgard be? A Moff?

Disney Plus ‘Rogue One’ Spinoff Adds Stellan Skarsgard, Kyle Soller (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ste...ne-1234582265/
    By Justin Kroll, Joe Otterson Apr 16, 2020 11:15am PT

Stellan Skarsgard and Kyle Soller are set to join Diego Luna in Disney Plus’ “Star Wars” series based on the Cassian Andor character Luna played in “Rogue One.”

Both actors are still in final negotiations for their roles. A Disney spokesperson declined to comment.
    Tony Gilroy, who co-wrote “Rogue One,” is set to write the pilot for the series in addition to directing multiple episodes. He will work alongside series showrunner Stephen Schiff. Disney had previously indicated the show would debut in 2021, but it is unknown if the recent industry-wide shutdown caused but he COVID-19 pandemic will alter the premiere. Same goes for a production start date, which is still unknown due to the pandemic.

The untitled show focuses on Rebel agent Andor prior to the events of “Rogue One” in the early days of the Rebellion against the Empire. The show had been described as a “spy thriller” when plans for it were first revealed last year. It was also previously announced that Diego Luna would return as Andor, while Alan Tudyk is set to reprise his role as K-2SO, Andor’s droid sidekick.

Following the huge success of “The Mandalorian,” Disney Plus has ramped its development on other “Star Wars” series which include this series, a second season of “The Mandalorian” and a series focused on young Obi Wan-Kenobi with Ewan McGregor reprising the role. Variety exclusively announced that Joby Harold would take over writing duties on the “Obi Wan” series.

Skarsgard is coming off his critically acclaimed role in “Chernobyl,” which earned him an Emmy nomination and can be seen next in Legendary’s “Dune” adaptation. He is repped by CAA and Curtis Brown Group.

The role is one of Soller biggest jobs in his career after years of cutting his teeth on British TV shows like “101 Dalmation Street” and “Poldark.” He was recently seen in the HBO movie “Brexit” opposite Benedict Cumberbatch. He is repped by Hamilton Hoddel, Hhush and Gersh.`

5+ Year Old Account
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/cas...or-1234779462/

Cassian Andor Disney Plus Series Taps ‘Black Mirror’ Alum Toby Haynes to Direct.

By Will Thorne
    Sep 22, 2020 12:43pm PT

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1595284/

There’s been another change behind the scenes at one of the Disney Plus “Star Wars” shows.

“Black Mirror” alumnus Toby Haynes has been tapped to direct the first three episodes of the “Rogue One” spinoff series centered around Cassian Andor, Variety has confirmed. Tony Gilroy, who helmed the original film, had previously been in line to direct.

The untitled show focuses on Rebel agent Andor prior to the events of “Rogue One” in the early days of the Rebellion against the Empire. The show has been described as a “spy thriller” when plans for it were first revealed last year. It was also previously announced that Diego Luna would return as Andor, while Alan Tudyk is set to reprise his role as K-2SO, Andor’s droid sidekick.

Gilroy was brought in to write the pilot and direct multiples episodes, as Variety exclusively reported in Oct. last year, however, according to sources he was forced to step down from his directorial duties due to COVID-19 travel issues. The series is set to be shot in the U.K., and Gilroy will remain on board as showrunner and executive producer. Gilroy was originally supposed to showrun alongside Stephen Schiff, but the latter is no longer in that position.

Back in April, it was also confirmed that Denise Gough and Genevieve O’Reilly were joining the series. Details of Gough’s character are still being kept closely guarded, while O’Reilly will reprise her “Rogue One” role of Mon Mothma.

Haynes is best known for helming the “USS Callister” episode of “Black Mirror” from 2017. His other credits include “Sherlock,” “Doctor Who” and the upcoming Gillian Flynn Amazon series “Utopia.”

Deadline first reported the Haynes news.

5+ Year Old Account
    This makes so little sense, considering how in the movie the General was the one pulling the strings so many times n how different he was from Mon Mothma n his influence on Cassian..

Star Wars: Rogue One Actor Confirms They Won't Appear in Cassian Andor Series.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...-andor-return/
    By PATRICK CAVANAUGH - November 6, 2020 03:42 pm EST

One of the more unexpected Star Wars announcements to come from Lucasfilm in recent years was that Rogue One: A Star Wars Story would be getting a prequel TV series, but while that opens up a number of storytelling possibilities of the exploration of the events that led up to the film, actor Alistair Petrie confirms that we won't be seeing his General Davits Draven in the upcoming series. He also made sure to note that he wasn't merely playing coy or ambiguous about such an opportunity, as he went on to note how enthusiastic he would be to return to the Diego Luna-led series for potential upcoming episodes.

"No. It's possible, of course it's possible because of the role I play in the film," Petrie confirmed with The Geeknd on YouTube. "I'm respecting the filmmakers actually, I'm not trying to be clever in terms of, 'Oh, I would love to say something but I can't, I've signed an NDA or whatever.' It's nothing to do with any of that. If the storytelling allows me to appear in it then I would in a heartbeat because I love the personal and the possibilities of the stories they can tell around Diego's character, so we'll see."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccssasYx5tY

Star Wars: Diego Luna Preparing To Start Filming Rogue One Spinoff Show.

BY MOLLY FESER NOV 12, 2020

Diego Luna is preparing to film his Rogue One spin-off series about his character Cassian Andor. Disney first announced just a little over two years ago that Luna would return as Cassian in a new live-action solo series for Disney+. The series is set to serve as a prequel to 2016's Rogue One, focusing on Cassian's days fighting in the Rebellion. The series is one of a few Star Wars shows to come out of the streaming service, along with the massively successful The Mandalorian and the long-delayed Obi-Wan Kenobi series starring Ewan McGregor, which McGregor recently announced will start filming in the spring.

The series was initially supposed to start filming in June of this year, but script rewrites pushed production back and the coronavirus pandemic only delayed filming further. While it was recently reported that the series was aiming to start production in October, Luna reveals that he is about to start shooting soon.

Twitter user POED4MERON shared a video of Luna announcing that he is preparing to start filming the Rogue One spin-off show. Luna appears to be filming from inside a gym as he tells fans in Spanish that he is in London to film the series. You can watch the video below:

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rog...-show-filming/

The tweet was met with excitement from fans, who clearly have been eager for the series to start production. Other cast members have been announced this year, including Stellan Skarsgård, Kyle Soller, and 6 Underground's Adria Arjona in mystery roles. The series has gone through some production changes since pushing filming back, with Black Mirror's Toby Haynes replacing showrunner Tony Gilroy as the director of the first three episodes due to Gilroy not being able to travel to England for the shoot.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-01-21 at 05:39 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Disney+’s Cassian Andor Series Is Currently Filming.

https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-cass...eries-filming/
    BY SAM STONE 20 HOURS AGO

After months of delays and rescheduling, principal photography has officially commenced on the untitled Cassian Andor miniseries, the Disney+ prequel to 2016's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

While appearing on a virtual interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, star Diego Luna confirmed he is currently in London filming the upcoming Disney+ series as he reprises his role as the war-weary Rebel Alliance soldier and spy.

Luna and Kimmel joked that, as a prequel to Rogue One, audiences would already know Cassian's final fate beyond the events of the upcoming miniseries. Luna remained tight-lipped about details over the show, joking that it was simply "a short film with some friends."

The series saw a change behind the camera, with showrunner and executive producer Tony Gilroy handing the reins to director Toby Haynes to helm the miniseries' first three episodes over concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Gilroy joined the production as its showrunner after rewriting the pilot episode in October 2019, replacing original series showrunner Stephen Schiff.

Disney+'s untitled Cassian Andor series stars Diego Luna, Alan Tudyk, Adria Arjona, Genevieve O'Reilly, Stellan Skarsgård, Denise Gough and Kyle Soller. The series has yet to receive a premiere date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjApD1utCIk
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-01-21 at 05:36 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    K.K. said they are building 4, 5? stage crafts, those surround screens they used for the Mandalorian, dunno it they'll be done for any of the new shows..

Sizzle Reel | Andor | Disney+

Star Wars
    Dec 10, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSW-pARyP-M

“Everything I did, I did for the Rebellion.” Andor, an Original Series set in the Star Wars universe, is streaming in 2022 on Disney+.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-01-21 at 05:37 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    There goes my main reason for wanting to watch the show, it may still be good, but...

'Rogue One' Disney+ Series Won't Include K-2SO, Alan Tudyk Confirms — At Least At First.

Well that explains that.

https://collider.com/rogue-one-cassi...dyk-interview/
    BY DREW TAYLOR 8 HOURS AGO

Back in 2019 at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy formally announced a Rogue One spin-off show. This was a prequel series since, you know, and would focus on Diego Luna’s somewhat morally ambiguous Rebel Cassian Andor and his sidekick, a reprogrammed Imperial droid named K-2SO (performed and voiced by Alan Tudyk). Kennedy then brought both actors out on stage, and they addressed the audience of rabid Disney fans. Luna made a joke about the two sharing a “Telenovela moment” at some point in the series. But in the months since that announcement, we haven’t heard much about Tudyk’s involvement, which you think would be a major selling point for the new series. Back in December at the heavily Disney+-focused Disney Investor Day, behind-the-scenes footage was shown of the production, but there were no images of Tudyk in a funny mo-cap suit. Now, Tudyk has confirmed to us that everyone’s favorite sarcastic droid will not be returning for Andor … at least not yet.

While talking with editor-in-chief Steve Weintraub for his new Syfy series Resident Alien, Tudyk let it slip that he isn’t a part of Andor, at least initially, but could return later.

“They're shooting it right now, I'm not in it. But, if it stays on the air, stories keep getting told, I'll end up in there,” Tudyk told us.

He also acknowledged that he has been brought out for all of the corporate dog-and-pony shows regardless of his actual involvement: “I'm all these announcements for the show, and I had suggested at D23 when we announced in the show, that it be called K2 Fast K2 Furious: The Cassian Andor Series and, um, that's not happening, it's called Andor!”

One of his only concerns, as he gets holder, is performing in the elaborate mo-cap suit. “I do know this: I have to be on stilts for it, because the character is 7'1", and I'm not one of those guys that says, ‘somebody else do the motion capture, and I'll voice it later’. I'll have to do the motion capture, and I turn 50 in March,” Tudyk explained. “So I hope they get to it soon, because I'm not going to be on stilts in, like, five years. I'm not doing it!”

Still, he’s resolute that he will be on Andor at some point and that series creator (and Rogue One co-writer) Tony Gilroy has a plan for his character in mind, which is pretty exciting. “I'm going to be in the show. It's just that the story that Tony [Gilroy] is telling doesn't involve K-2SO until later on... I can't be too specific, but I can definitely say that I'm not going to be in the first season.” So there you have it: K-2SO will return but not yet.

What’s also interesting about Tudyk’s comments is that it seems to confirm that Andor will be an ongoing series, like The Mandalorian and not a “limited series” like the upcoming, highly anticipated Obi-Wan Kenobi (which is set to return Ewan McGregor to the titular role). Kennedy referred to Andor as merely a “series” in December, leaving room open for continued speculation. Also, the fact that Gilroy will also seemingly be steering the ship beyond Season 1 is pretty exciting (he was supposed to direct a portion of the inaugural season but declined due to travel restrictions related to COVID-19). By all accounts it was Gilroy that helped steer Rogue One towards success during its particularly fraught post-production process.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they shot themselves in the foot for not including K-2S0...but was there a lot of people who wanted to see this show in the first place? Seems like there would be more interest in a Jar Jar show than Cassian

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That’s true but another 3 movies down the line and a broken Lucas would likely be hearing that his new movies are giving a new appreciation to these ones.

Though it could be a kind of game, Lucas keeps selling to different movie company’s for them to make a new episode 7-9 only for Lucas to keep getting it back and making his own multi episode 7-9
    He'd have to intentionally make them bad for people to love the Disney Trilogy

5+ Year Old Account
    missed this news, btw doesn't this may 4th have an actual event??

Stellan Skarsgård wanted to join the Andor Disney+ series because of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story's tone and the involvement of Tony Gilroy.

https://screenrant.com/stellan-skars...-wars-details/
    BY COOPER HOOD - APR 16, 2021

"As you know, they’ll shoot me if I say anything! I can’t even get a proper script. It’s printed on red paper so I can’t make any copies of it, it’s ridiculous!… But when I saw ‘Rogue One,’ it had much more atmosphere and seemed a little more mature—and that was Tony Gilroy, who’s the showrunner on this one. So, hopefully this one will be a little more than little plastic people falling over."

5+ Year Old Account
    ‘Star Wars’ New Live-Action Series Reaches Major Milestone

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/08/s...-filming-rwb1/
    August 25, 2021 by Rebekah Barton

In recent weeks, two major Star Wars live-action series have wrapped filming. Both Robert Rodriguez’s The Book of Boba Fett — the first The Mandalorian spinoff series — and Deborah Chow’s Obi-Wan Kenobi are heading to post-production.

Now, a third series, Andor, has joined the ranks of Star Wars shows that have wrapped filming and are preparing to debut on the Disney+ streaming platform.

Per a new report:

…apparently series star Diego Luna did not actually wrap his part of the series until sometime this weekend (he was still shooting as of August 20). Now, though, there have been several cast and crew wrap parties, suggesting that the series really is in the can, according to the Bespin Bulletin.

The prequel has had a troubled road to completion. Originally set to film in late 2019 or early 2020, it was delayed first by a rewrite (sound familiar, Rogue One fans?) and then as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stellan Skarsgard Seems To Confirm A Second Season Of Star Wars Series Andor Is Already In The Works.

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-andor...sgard-comment/
    BY DAVID SHERREN - 2 HOURS AGO

Talking to the Swedish news site Dagens Nyheter, Skarsgård said, “We start with ‘Dune 2’ in July. And then in the autumn, it’s time for the second season of the Star Wars series ‘Andor’.” While there has been no official confirmation of a second season from Disney or Lucasfilm, it's starting to look like Andor will not be a limited series as many originally thought. Andor is set several years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and will focus on the early days of rebel alliance spy Cassian Andor (Diego Luna). Luna will be reprising his role in Andor, along with several other actors from Rogue One, including Genevieve O'Reilly, who portrayed rebel leader Mon Mothim in the film, and Forrest Whitaker, who is rumored to be returning as the brutal resistance fighter Saw Gerrara.

Even though the first season hasn't even premiered yet, season 2 of Andor has been rumored for some time now. Not long ago actor Alan Tudyk, who voiced reprogrammed security droid K-2SO in the Rogue One, teased that while he may not be appearing in the first season of Andor, showrunner Tony Gilroy had plans for the character down the road. Disney Plus has seen a lot of success with its recent venture into live-action Star Wars TV, including the massively popular series The Mandalorian, which premiered on the platform back in 2019. The show's popularity has led to several spinoffs getting the green light, including The Book of Boba Fett and the upcoming Ahsoka series starring Rosario Dawson as the rogue Jedi.

While the first season of Andor has reportedly wrapped production, it appears that the next Star Wars series to premiere on Disney Plus will be Kenobi. The upcoming highly-anticipated limited series will see actors Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen reprise their prequel-era roles as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. While there's no official release date at the moment, Kenobi is reportedly eyeing a May 2022 release date, possibly in conjunction with "May the 4th." Disney Plus has previously used the unofficial Star Wars holiday to premiere the franchises TV shows, such as the animated spinoff series The Bad Batch.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nicholas Britell to Score Disney+’s ‘Rogue One’ Prequel Series ‘Andor’

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2022/0...-series-andor/
    February 16, 2022

Nicholas Britell (Succession, Moonlight, If Beale Street Could Talk, Don’t Look Up, Cruella, Vice, The Big Short, The Underground Railroad) has been tapped to score the upcoming Disney+ original series Andor. The show is developed by Tony Gilroy (Michael Clayton) and stars Diego Luna who will reprise his role of Cassian Andor from 2016’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma, as well as Stellan Skarsgard, Denise Gough, Fiona Shaw and Kyle Soller. The Lucasfilm production takes place five years before the events of Rogue One. No plot details have been announced yet. Gilroy also serves as the project’s showrunner and additional writers include Dan Gilroy (Nightcrawler), Beau Willimon (House of Cards) and Stephen Schiff (The Americans). Andor is set to premiere this year on Disney+.

Britell also has Benjamin Millepied’s feature Carmen (to premiere this year), Barry Jenkins’ The Lion King prequel and the HBO limited series Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dinasty (to premiere on March 10) coming up and will also return to score the fourth season of HBO’s Succession.

I watched Rogue One without any major expectations but was somehow still disappointed.

Compared to the sequel trilogy, everything else will seem like a Godsend I suppose, but I just don't understand the sentiment of the Star Wars subreddit that seems to uphold it as some holy grail.

Anyway, I've still no idea who Cassian Andor is, perhaps because I just didn't care enough to learn, but given the track record of previous Star Wars shows, it's at least earned a couple of episodes to try and grab my attention.

I'll still be going into this blind though. The period between RotS and ANH really doesn't interest me enough to warrant any actual research.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I really enjoyed Rogue One, but I can't say it's a Star Wars movie that I would watch repeatedly. Not really sure what I think about a Cassian series, he's not really on my radar of SW characters I really care about.