Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    If you were to draw parallels, is it better than Biba Fett or ObikenWabi shows?
    Yes, buuuut most people expect sw to be starwarish, n this has been like a hybrid sw/thriller/blade runner, have to see more episodes to judge it on the sw-chart...

But on its own merit, a good well-crafted show, since there's much action in the trailers, n got rash radical figures like saw gerrera, I wouldn't be able to judge the whole show with just its beginning n stuff

Its supposed to be spy thriller with action n stuff, but he hasn't become the spy yet, so...

Can't wait to get home n download ep.4 n see where it goes (no, it's not stealing when i got disney+, I have already paid for the season, I just get to see it earlier..
    Not trying to justify anything, but i have been suspicious why they let some people get to see 4th episode more than a week before it's supposed to come out. I think they are counting on it becoming a torrent, cuz they need a buzz out of fear many would be turned off by the 'slow' pace of ep.1-3
    I would have been happy with just ep 1..

They aren't going to say it publically n they won't flex their dick like HBO who were open proud they had most downloaded show ever, old GoT

I know some people are supposed to see shows early, but come on! Movies n shows usually same week as something comes out to create buzz, but more than a week vefore? I think they want people talking n youtube videos being made that the star wars stuff is coming, don't loose hope?

Personally I only want a good show, how star warish it becomes, less important..

First episode suggested that it will be more futuristic/advanced/cyberpunk'ish theme with fast and witty dialogues. Even music was really attracting attention (was that a remix of Kavinsky's Drive?)

But second and third quickly tuned it back to classic and cheap StarWars scheme: sandy environment, some CGI with blasters, characters wearing rags, good guys overly smart and ghost level stealthy/invincible, bad guys uber stupid even if previous image suggested otherwise...

On the plus side, its not aggresively woke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Yes, buuuut most people expect sw to be starwarish, n this has been like a hybrid sw/thriller/blade runner, have to see more episodes to judge it on the sw-chart...

But on its own merit, a good well-crafted show, since there's much action in the trailers, n got rash radical figures like saw gerrera, I wouldn't be able to judge the whole show with just its beginning n stuff

Its supposed to be spy thriller with action n stuff, but he hasn't become the spy yet, so...

Can't wait to get home n download ep.4 n see where it goes (no, it's not stealing when i got disney+, I have already paid for the season, I just get to see it earlier..
    Not trying to justify anything, but i have been suspicious why they let some people get to see 4th episode more than a week before it's supposed to come out. I think they are counting on it becoming a torrent, cuz they need a buzz out of fear many would be turned off by the 'slow' pace of ep.1-3
    I would have been happy with just ep 1..

They aren't going to say it publically n they won't flex their dick like HBO who were open proud they had most downloaded show ever, old GoT

I know some people are supposed to see shows early, but come on! Movies n shows usually same week as something comes out to create buzz, but more than a week vefore? I think they want people talking n youtube videos being made that the star wars stuff is coming, don't loose hope?

Personally I only want a good show, how star warish it becomes, less important..
    Thanks!

I'm okay with SW being less about Jedi and all the jazz, I still fondly remember the times spent playing Republic Commando, and I've really much liked The Mandalorian series.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thanks!

I'm okay with SW being less about Jedi and all the jazz, I still fondly remember the times spent playing Republic Commando, and I've really much liked The Mandalorian series.
    Well, have u seen SW Rebels animated series?
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels
    There's a rebel cell called the Spectres, two of them are force users like kanan jarrus n ezra bridger, they interacted with mon motha n saw gerrera, would be strange if Andor would never come across them, but on the other hand they operated mosly on Lothal, had bunch of missions elsewhere too.

Well, have u seen SW Rebels animated series?
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels
    There's a rebel cell called the Spectres, two of them are force users like kanan jarrus n ezra bridger, they interacted with mon motha n saw gerrera, would be strange if Andor would never come across them, but on the other hand they operated mosly on Lothal, had bunch of missions elsewhere too.
    Sadly, I never got to watch it.
    Just saw a few bits, namely Maul's plight with Ahsoka.
    It was brilliantly voice acted.

But I saw Sad Batch the other year.
    Pity it didn't actually keep or build an actual pace, though I still liked watching the gang minus Omega, she was like a fifth wheel to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, I never got to watch it.
    Just saw a few bits, namely Maul's plight with Ahsoka.
    It was brilliantly voice acted.

But I saw Sad Batch the other year.
    Pity it didn't actually keep or build an actual pace, though I still liked watching the gang minus Omega, she was like a fifth wheel to me.
    I think that was the clone wars show, last season, where ahsoka fought maul...

I doubt we'll see any sw rebels characters in andor, but in the Mandalorian instead (Sabine Wren), but one never knows...director has spoken out against cameos, but his exact wording was cameos that don't belong in the story, n the Spectres do make sense..

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if most people don't actually give a shit that there's not an action scene every 10 minutes (which is all these "the pacing is too slow" complaints amount to when people are talking about tv shows). Especially in this case, since these first 3 episodes were all released at once, and it can be expected that people will watch them all at the same time.

If you want Nonstop Star Wars Action™ you can always go watch reruns of the Clone Wars or something...
    My issue is it felt like the 3 episodes could have been cut down to 2 and kept most of the important bits. So, it felt like an additional 30 minutes of set up that could have been streamlined more. So, it felt slow to me. It isn't bad, just the episode pacing felt off to me.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I'm a bit confused about Kanari. Did the people regress to barbarism after a mining accident? I find it odd they call it imperial, when presumably it would have been the republic that had the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    My issue is it felt like the 3 episodes could have been cut down to 2 and kept most of the important bits. So, it felt like an additional 30 minutes of set up that could have been streamlined more. So, it felt slow to me. It isn't bad, just the episode pacing felt off to me.
    Yeah. Tbh I think they could have just cut the Kanari bits. I get what they were going for, but it just didn't feel necessary.

I guess his 'mom' and droid will come back later, but there was a probably better way to hanle this than slowing the intro more than it needed to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I'm a bit confused about Kanari. Did the people regress to barbarism after a mining accident? I find it odd they call it imperial, when presumably it would have been the republic that had the issue.

Yeah. Tbh I think they could have just cut the Kanari bits. I get what they were going for, but it just didn't feel necessary.

I guess his 'mom' and droid will come back later, but there was a probably better way to hanle this than slowing the intro more than it needed to be.
    It is kind of a trope in the Star Wars Universe under Disney. The people are so tied to their technology, that when that connection is completely severed, they regress all the way to basic hunter and gatherer society. Phasma's originally from a work similar to it where they completely lack the technology.

It is actually a pretty standard trope for science fiction.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is kind of a trope in the Star Wars Universe under Disney. The people are so tied to their technology, that when that connection is completely severed, they regress all the way to basic hunter and gatherer society. Phasma's originally from a work similar to it where they completely lack the technology.

It is actually a pretty standard trope for science fiction.
    I can somwhat get the tech reversion, but they also developed an entirely different language, or at the very least, dropped Basic as their common tongue.

5+ Year Old Account
    Notice all the humans were kids, they were prob refugees. It was a seperatist home world, they might have had cities that got devestated in the war against the republic..

The empire is really ex Republic people n they weren't all good guys...

In Mandalorian season 2 when we were introduced to Ahsoka, the main bad guy (lady) was an ex-republic, that fanatically hated the separatists, she stripped the planet clean, that ahsoka was on, of resources, leaving it a wasteland...

The republic must have been full of unsavory characters like that, that wanted to win at any price.

I wonder what the republic would be like if mace windy had killed palpatine, it would probably have been very militaristic n fascist, n be empire-light? Or at least very corrupt

Cassian's planet seemed to have been a mining planet, metal prob to build the republic's fleets n later inheritated by the republic.
    In the show Cassian is a teen, in Rogue One he says he has been in the fight since he was 6 years old..that's probably when their struggles began against the republic, to Cassian there's prob no difference between republic n empire, two sides of same coin.

I wonder if luke skywalker would have despised the republic in an alternative reality..

"Imperial mining incident" prob meant some atrocity empire did after it took out all the metal n the natives had enough, so imps prob bombarded them n released some toxic shit as a result..mining incident sounds like a propaganda line..

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, guy must have been confused, there is no ep.4 torrent..

When I saw this my thought was that the mining accident was the cover-up for them going in and wiping out the Kenari. Mom says when she's rescuing Cassian that when the cruiser touches down they would kill all the Kenari because they killed a soldier.

- - - Updated - - -

You can ask Disney+ to see content earlier if u got a youtube account with a following, where u do reviews n stuff (doesn't have to be pro-Disney+), so your review vids are prepared to be uploaded once content is available to general audience. You don't need a supermassive following, but have to upload reguarly n sign a NDA.
    Oh, that's pretty neat. I didn't know that.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Yeah that was not bad really. It is a bit slow and i could have done with knowing that the feck the Kenari were rabbiting on about. It is odd as i was not even gonna bother with this when they announced it. That guy is getting a show? lolz Then when they dropped some trailers i liked the look of it and the cast was looking good. Quietly optimistic this will turn out to be a gem. After the utter dog shit that was Boba Fett and the first couple Obi Wan's this is a nice change.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know what, i liked it, even slow paced at it was, i think it was ok, first part of the first episode reminds me of bladerunner and im biased about it

100% forgot this dude was in Rogue one, so its kinda sad we already know his fate

To me it felt like a cross between Jedi Fallen Order and Bioware/Obsidian Star Wars games and I'm HERE for it, honestly. So far I'm very much enjoying it

I think people are missing that the Rebellion doesn't even exist yet n expect Cassian to operate like some highly functioning Rebel operative, when the Rebels...don't exist
    Depends on what you mean by "the Rebellion". The official declaration of an "Alliance to Restore the Republic" was in 2 BBY, but by 5 BBY (which is when this show is set) we already have plenty of rebel cells around operating subversively against the Empire. Forms of resistance began while the Clone Wars were still going on, and secret rebellion was clearly fomenting long before the Rebel Alliance made itself known officially; we see some of this in the Kenobi show. And as for "highly functioning Rebel operative"... isn't that what Luthen Rael is, pretty much exactly? He literally gives lessons on it to Cassian in Ep3, like quoting from a training manual.

Of course Cassian is a green ne'er-do-well and not a spy. That's absolutely accurate. But it's not like the Rebellion in some form or another doesn't exist yet at that point. It very much does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "the Rebellion". The official declaration of an "Alliance to Restore the Republic" was in 2 BBY, but by 5 BBY (which is when this show is set) we already have plenty of rebel cells around operating subversively against the Empire. Forms of resistance began while the Clone Wars were still going on, and secret rebellion was clearly fomenting long before the Rebel Alliance made itself known officially; we see some of this in the Kenobi show. And as for "highly functioning Rebel operative"... isn't that what Luthen Rael is, pretty much exactly? He literally gives lessons on it to Cassian in Ep3, like quoting from a training manual.

Of course Cassian is a green ne'er-do-well and not a spy. That's absolutely accurate. But it's not like the Rebellion in some form or another doesn't exist yet at that point. It very much does.
    And it is considered in Canon that the Rebellion started shortly or not as Palpatine declared himself Emperor. Bail, Mon, and others worked with several cells independently.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    To me it felt like a cross between Jedi Fallen Order and Bioware/Obsidian Star Wars games and I'm HERE for it, honestly. So far I'm very much enjoying it
    i too got some Jedi Fallen Order vibes out of it. probably because from what i remember it had similar visuals in the beginning.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i too got some Jedi Fallen Order vibes out of it. probably because from what i remember it had similar visuals in the beginning.
    Its pretty much the same era. I think people forget that there was a time where the Empire actually had its boot to the neck of everyone and not a bunch of bucket heads getting beat by teddy bears.

Every story between the end of Episode 3 (the movie) and Episode 4 is dark. There was effectively no hope in the galaxy until the Death Star blew up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Its pretty much the same era. I think people forget that there was a time where the Empire actually had its boot to the neck of everyone and not a bunch of bucket heads getting beat by teddy bears.

Every story between the end of Episode 3 (the movie) and Episode 4 is dark. There was effectively no hope in the galaxy until the Death Star blew up.
    i'm just glad to see they're willing to show more of what i consider a pretty cool universe.
    extra points for trying to do something for adults.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.