Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I also did notice, but didn't mention, how the guy that Andor killed, betrayed one of guys, he said "cover me" and he actually didn't, shot once and stopped. He was trying to do his thing for a while. Nice bit that the show did.

And i think its a bit unrealistic how the doctor was not able to save the kid, seems like at that time technology can doa lot of shit, maybe he didn't had all the materials, but anyway.

Was wondering, when Skeen says "I don't have a brother", does he mean "I made the story up", or like "my brother's gone, so what anyone else thinks of me doesn't matter anymore"?

Also, really liking some of the smaller details that they put into this series. It was more the previous episode, but one thing that stood out for me was the stormtrooper drilling the rest of the team, and voicing the mindset of stormtroopers: "we're following orders, we're locked in, we're ready to adapt".

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I think that would've seemed a little contrived. I did find myself thinking either Cinta or Vel would die, mostly from the fact that they're in a relationship with one another.
    and get called out with "bury your gays" all over social media, losing more of good will?

The moment we got some indication that Cinta and Vel are in a relationship, I knew they would survive it.

also, is it just me, or did they try to do Finn 2.0 with Taramyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    and get called out with "bury your gays" all over social media, losing more of good will?

The moment we got some indication that Cinta and Vel are in a relationship, I knew they would survive it.

also, is it just me, or did they try to do Finn 2.0 with Taramyn?
    I don't think so. He seems to be just a really military/sporty kind of guy who'd portray 'who could realistically be a stormtrooper' in a believable way.

I don't think so. He seems to be just a really military/sporty kind of guy who'd portray 'who could realistically be a stormtrooper' in a believable way.
    its just a vibe I got. "we screwed up Finn, how about we do black former stormtrooper that joins the rebellion, but right this time"

Was wondering, when Skeen says "I don't have a brother", does he mean "I made the story up", or like "my brother's gone, so what anyone else thinks of me doesn't matter anymore"?

Also, really liking some of the smaller details that they put into this series. It was more the previous episode, but one thing that stood out for me was the stormtrooper drilling the rest of the team, and voicing the mindset of stormtroopers: "we're following orders, we're locked in, we're ready to adapt".
    I believe he was implying he made the story up. That's what I took it as.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I believe he was implying he made the story up. That's what I took it as.
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Maybe I was reading more into his use of present tense than I should.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The slow build does work.

Right now it feels the Episodes are in "sets" to me. You had the first three which set up the story. And then you had the three for the Robbery.

I wonder what the next mini-story is going to be.
    From what I saw in the trailer, my hopes is Saw Gerrera, but maybe that is best saved for last..

OMG I'm so exited about Thrawn show, that one of my favorite characters

5+ Year Old Account
    Mon Mothma is so beautiful... damn Stellan is a rebellion bad guy.. no wonder he talks to saw gerrera in the trailer..

Lol dumbass, uh..."tropical tourist beach-trooper"? Arrest a guy for standing around.. so much imperial over reach, ironic that Andor gets arrested as a result of the robbery he caused..
    With such a massive empire, they need to fill lots of positions, so the empire must have really low standards on recruitment, will hire any moronic human they can find that can hold a blaster n can march in a straight line..

interesting that Stellan showed what is true about many rebel groups or extremists amongst them in our world, they want to provoke an enemy so that enemy strikes back hard, just to get more recruits for the rebellion..

Stellan = Luthen, I first wrote Luthien but that is a Tolkien character..

Looking at those cubicles, made me think of office space, trust the empire to suck your soul out just by looking at those work stations..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-10-19 at 11:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Interesting episode. But set up for the next arc in this series.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Surely I exhausted all my shitty predictions with Rings of Power, so when I predict that the blonde rebel is the daughter of Skarsgard's character, the universe won't immediately prove me wrong...right?

I still have no idea where they're going with the disgraced security officer's story. So far, all I can tell is that his situation mirror's Andor's in that they're both frustrated with their mother figure, and trapped (literally and figuratively) in a situation that's almost completely out of their control. But right now, I'm struggling to see the relevance of his character beyond that.

5+ Year Old Account
    A bit confusing, apparently Mon Mothma didn't talk to Chancellor Valorum, why they made a character that looks like he could be Valorum's brother..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sishkady View Post
    OMG I'm so exited about Thrawn show, that one of my favorite characters
    we saw Admiral Yularen this episode, so that's a step closer to Thrawn, who didn't appear until season 2 of sw rebels, dunno what he did prior to that..would be great to see him, all we got in mando season two was a name drop, i think Thrawn would fit into Andor show like a glove, since it's so dark so Thrawn's voice by Mikkelsen would suit it very nicely..that voice is really unsettling..

Maybe next episode they show that Palpatine speech that is coming n Thrawn may stand beside him, or something

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I also did notice, but didn't mention, how the guy that Andor killed, betrayed one of guys, he said "cover me" and he actually didn't, shot once and stopped. He was trying to do his thing for a while. Nice bit that the show did.

And i think its a bit unrealistic how the doctor was not able to save the kid, seems like at that time technology can doa lot of shit, maybe he didn't had all the materials, but anyway.
    Well, outside of plot armor (or perhaps, the lack of plot armor) for his character - I didn't find it "unrealistic" as you did, but more the reflection that without a bacta tank/actual med bay - there isn't too much even a doctor (without that equipment) can do to be able to do to save someone's life. And given what would have been very EXTENSIVE crushed internal organs/spinal cord injury, would not be survivable in most situations.

Now if the ship had a med bay/bacta tank or more advanced equipment then I would have given that character some hope. But as it was presented, I was actually thinking "this is bullshit if he lives through this" when they pulled him still alive from behind the pallet. It was refreshing (to me) to see that no, not every injury is survivable in Star Wars. Or at least, isn't always survivable without the miracle bacta-tank!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    But surely he would have survived a light sabre stabbing from Vader through his torso cooking his insides without a bacta-tank

- - - Updated - - -

interesting...

State of the Galaxy in 5BBY | ANDOR

Generation Tech
    Sep 29, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    But surely he would have survived a light sabre stabbing from Vader through his torso cooking his insides without a bacta-tank

- - - Updated - - -
    I thought lightsabers were highly precise lasers so they don't cook anything, but rather cauterize with extreme.... precision?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I still have no idea where they're going with the disgraced security officer's story. So far, all I can tell is that his situation mirror's Andor's in that they're both frustrated with their mother figure, and trapped (literally and figuratively) in a situation that's almost completely out of their control. But right now, I'm struggling to see the relevance of his character beyond that.
    You're not the only one. I really could not care less about this character they keep forcing on us but giving us NOTHING to even care for, about him. We don't know motivations, we don't know thoughts, we have little to no insights about anything about HIM other than he's very reserved (I guess). I realize he surely (we hope..) has some other importance in things to come, and that he's some "big import" to be included in all these scenes telling us about him. But its beyond boring to be half way through the first season and still have no relevance or context to WHY he's still around.

And I find I'm making that assumption about more characters and plot-aspects of this show than I expected - "waiting around for this to mean something bigger/important reason we should care" and the show isn't giving it out. I never expected a show about the early days of the Star Wars rebellion to be so... slow and dry and...without relevant context. (I guess is the best way I can come up with to describe what this is.)

If it wasn't for knowing why Cassian Andor is relevant later, this show gives no rudder to move under its own plot/power. This is all probably suppose to 'stand alone' as a show, but if it were truly standing alone without the greater Brand around it, I wonder how many of us would still be giving it the benefit of the doubt.

And that observation is, again, coming from a fan who likes good chunks of this show and wants to see how it plays out - but then finding the 'not so good chunks' to be just a bore and pointless (as I'm still waiting to be told 'why/what is important). *shrugs*
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I thought lightsabers were highly precise lasers so they don't cook anything, but rather cauterize with extreme.... precision?
    Don't bother, it is hate from the Kenobi series spilling over into this topic.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, to put into the body, n keep it there for how long? Sure does add heat...

see

So yeah, glad to see a series show death due to injuries..

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Don't bother, it is hate from the Kenobi series spilling over into this topic.
    ah, I haven't caught up on that yet, but one would think that there is a difference between force user getting stabbed for a second or so (so his organs are CAUTERIZED, meaning he doesn't bleed out and please folks, look up what Cauterization actualy means - I never said there was no heat, but its a highly localized heat) and regular dude getting crushed by literal tons of solid cargo.