Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy how the town kind of ignored B2 but if you touch him it's war. Like "no one gets to bully my siblings except me".

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Crazy how the town kind of ignored B2 but if you touch him it's war. Like "no one gets to bully my siblings except me".
    I didn't get the feeling he was ignored. Nor do I think it was because he was touched specifically. pretty sure at that point, anyone in that spot would have garnered the same reaction.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Town was in shit's going down mode already. They were allowed 30 people for the procession but everyone turned up anyway including carrying a bomb. They didn't necessarily expect to go full rebellion but something was gonna happen anyway.

It's not a knock on the guy, but it's a bit interesting to me that the "main" character ended up being weakest aspect of the show. He might as well have been a video game silent protagonist, since everyone else around him was crushing it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Andor is the Star Wars show I didn't know I wanted, but now I have had a taste I just want more of this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tony Gilroy Reveals The First Thing They Filmed for 'Andor' Season 2

https://collider.com/andor-season-2-...lroy-comments/
    BY MAGGIE LOVITT - 1 DAY AGO

Now that the final credits have rolled on the first season of Tony Gilroy's incomparable Star Wars series, anticipation has already begun to mount for Season 2 of Andor, and we can exclusively reveal who was on set this Monday filming the very first shot of Episode 13. Earlier this month we shared that filming was set to begin this week, with production set to stretch into late next summer, and during an interview with Collider's own Steve Weintraub ahead of the finale, Gilroy revealed that Kyle Soller was the first one on camera this week. Gilroy didn't reveal any details, however, opting instead to simply share, "I'll just say we're shooting Syril first, Kyle's working first."

In the finale, Syril Karn (Soller) descended upon Ferrix for Maarva Andor's (Fiona Shaw) funeral, in hopes of finally catching Cassian Andor (Diego Luna) and making him pay for what happened on Preox-Morlana. Of course, things descended into violent chaos as tensions flared between the residents of Ferrix and the Imperial occupiers, leading to no one capturing Cassian as they had planned. While Syril's plans fell apart, he did manage to rescue Dedra Meero (Denise Gough) from the dangerous fray, and he finally won her attention in a wholly uncomfortable and weirdly charged scene. In addition to revealing that Soller would be filming the first take of the season, Gilroy also revealed that when Andor returns, a decent chunk of time will have passed since the riot on Ferrix.

During an earlier part of the conversation, Gilroy shared that "it'll be one year later. So, a great deal has happened in the interim." It's not surprising that the show will jump ahead when it returns, given that Season 2 will be on a collision course with the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, utilizing its clearly defined blocks of story arcs to cover a spawn of five years that puts audiences right on the cusp Cassian's final act for the rebellion.

For those who aren't familiar with how filming works, just because Soller was the first to film this week it doesn't necessarily mean Syril Karn is the first character on screen when the episode premieres sometime in 2024. Episodes are shot out of sequence, with schedules being set based on location availability, cast availability, and production timelines for larger set pieces or more complicated sequences.

Looking Ahead at Andor Season 2

With the final act of the Season 1 finale, it's safe to assume that we haven't seen the last of Denise Gough, Adria Arjona, Joplin Sibtain, Elizabeth Dulau, Faye Marsay, or Varada Sethu though their returns have not yet been confirmed. In addition to Diego Luna, Duncan Pow and Genevieve O'Reilly are also guaranteed to return, given their involvement in Rogue One, with the opportunity to see Forest Whitaker reprise his role as Saw Gerrera as well. Stellan Skarsgård will likely return, as he was the first to reveal that the series would return for a second season and the finale teased that he and Cassian will be working together, at least in some capacity when the series returns. Season 2 will also see Ariel Kleiman, Janus Metz, and Alonso Ruizpalacios joining the rebellion to direct blocks of episodes, with Dan Gilroy and Beau Willimon returning to write alongside newcomer Tom Bissell.

The entire first season of Andor is streaming now on Disney+. Check out our interview with Soller and Gough from the start of the season below:

- - - Updated - - -

'Andor': Tony Gilroy Says Including K-2 Is One of the "Responsibilities" of Season 2

https://collider.com/andor-season-2-...lroy-comments/
    BY MAGGIE LOVITT - 1 DAY AGO

When Andor was first announced four years ago, fans of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story set their expectations high and anticipated that the series would explore not only Cassian Andor's (Diego Luna) introduction to the rebellion but also how he came to have K-2SO (Alan Tudyk) at his side. Unfortunately, before the first season even premiered, Tudyk dashed hopes when he revealed that he wasn't involved in the series—at least not yet. While K-2SO wasn't present in Season 1, Cassian did have a droid companion by the name of B2EMO (voiced by Dave Chapman) back home on Ferrix, and when he ran into trouble on Niamos, he was taken into custody by a KX-series security droids, who instantly made fans think of K-2.

Before the finale aired, Collider's Steve Weintraub had the chance to chat with Andor's creator Tony Gilroy about his plans for Season 2, including whether or not K-2SO was part of those plans. While he only offered a short answer, it's more than enough confirmation that Rogue One fans will get to see another familiar face when the series returns sometime in 2024. When asked about whether the fan-favorite and snarky droid would be making an appearance, Gilroy shared, "Well, I think that's one of the responsibilities of Part 2. Obviously, if we're going to walk into Rogue, we have to deal with that."

Earlier this week, Andor began filming Season 2, and Gilroy revealed that Episode 13 won't start right on the heels of the season finale. Now that Cassian Andor is fully invested in joining the rebellion, the new season will open one year ahead of the events we just witnessed on Ferrix, and Gilroy teased that "a great deal has happened in the interim."

Andor Season 2 will be on a much more fast-paced timeline, with 3-episode blocks planned to span a year of time each as it careens towards the events of Rogue One. The first season has already featured a handful of allusions to Cassian's unfortunate fate at the end of the stand-alone film, and with the expedited timeline for Season 2, the sense of foreboding will likely only increase. Hopefully the inclusion of K-2SO, at some point, will help cut some of that tension.

What Do We Know About Andor Season 2?

Like with the first season, the 3-episode episode blocks will be written and directed by the same team, though Season 2 will see a few new faces on the production side of things. Ariel Kleiman, Janus Metz, and Alonso Ruizpalacios are set to direct scripts penned by Dan Gilroy and Beau Willimon who are returning alongside newcomer Tom Bissell. With the events of Rogue One on the horizon, it's safe to assume that Season 2 will see the return of Diego Luna, Genevieve O'Reilly, and Duncan Pow. Forest Whitaker, whose character is an active and dangerous part of the rebellion, could easily reprise his role for the second season as well. Stellan Skarsgård was the first to reveal that the series would return for a second season, so he's likely to return, in addition to Kyle Soller, who was on set filming this week. Denise Gough, Adria Arjona, Joplin Sibtain, Elizabeth Dulau, Faye Marsay, or Varada Sethu also seem likely to return.

The entire first season of Andor is streaming now on Disney+. For more on Andor, watch our exclusive interview with Andy Serkis below.

- - - Updated - - -

Just me or did the Rebel manifesto from that dead nerd guy sound like some Libertarian mumbo jumbo? "Authority is evil" type stuff n "freedom"

Not that this makes or breaks the show for me, it's just a bunch of generic manifesto put together that i'll quickly forget because it sounded so empty of anything meaningful to say for society..

Extraordinary first season.

Loved it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's not a knock on the guy, but it's a bit interesting to me that the "main" character ended up being weakest aspect of the show. He might as well have been a video game silent protagonist, since everyone else around him was crushing it.
    Here's one opinion,

1:19

OF so much disappointment over Star Wars and a serious display of ignorance of their own brand or rather the naïveté or arrogance to completely change it - ruining a franchise almost irreparable to it's core fan base and mass appeal - Disney's Star wars has been one disappointment after another, however every now and then it produces something good

Rogue One,
    Solo
    The Mandalorian
    and now, Cassian Andor

I haven't enjoyed Star Wars like this since the prequels - it feels like Star Wars for adults, while the Clone Wars brought traditional star wars for younger fans.

Very enjoyable, very well shot, and very clever.

You have to watch Andor in the right mood, no point rushing to watch it if you're not ready.
    It is also best viewed in a binge - even though I watched it largely episodic, i missed enough weeks to have several episodes to binge on every time i tuned in. [so their greed, to spread it over weeks might actually have worked against them - it reminded me of Daredevil, that would have fel t so much slower if they had held that back to a weekly release.
    Finally, you're best leaving your prejudice at the door. Don't judge it because it's Disney and KK has largely fucked up the vast majority of what Star Wars is now - which she has, but that attitude would just kill your enjoyment of what is a good show, and expose that you truly have developed a prejudice, even if it's quite understandable and warranted given how they subverted a lot of star wars.

Anyway, I appreciate a good production for what it is. Nothing is perfect and you can poke many holes in almost everything ever made, but this was certifiably good in my honest opinion, I thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to more - in stark contrast to the Obi-Wan series.

Why this one wasn't advertised and given the proper backing... proves to me that their are internal politics going on at Lucas film, ..it's weird, when they get a good thing, they do something funny almost as if to sabotage it (Mandalorian - sacked Gena Carano, then intentionally took the cool Luke appearance and rubbished it in the unimpressive Bobba Fett - talk about making all the moves you need to make to destroy something.

Cassian Andor - had almost no advertising or pump etc.. however a good work will speak for itself.. question is with most of the core Star Wars base, who'd finally left star wars after the Last Straw Obi-Wan ever return via word of mouth to see this? I wonder - or has Disney damaged the brand so badly, they're gone?

Andor really is actually good, but their handling of it rather than it''s production may hide that - almost as if someone doesn't want shows like the Mandalorian or Andor to do well - or anything KK touches in her leadership position even the good stuff begins to spoil . Maybe she wants it to spoil, those productions have a very different tone to the sequels, , Obi-Wan and Boba Fett.

It's almost like you have 2 star wars fighting

Sequel trilogy, Bobba Fett, Obi Wan and then Rogue One, Solo, The Mandalorian and now Andor.

5+ Year Old Account
    well, if I wanted to bring SW back, in a big way, the only way to do it is through ze muvies..

I would make like 2 movies or so centered around young Ahsoka and have it take place during the Clone Wars. With proper writing n dialogue.

To 'fix' the prequels, which are sooo bad..I mean the animated show clone wars did fix things some, way better Anakin, but most people haven't seen the show n the animation looks so dated now (except last season but that one came years later)... Doing it properly in live action would be awesome.

Just started catching up on this one over the weekend. This is some excellent directing and writing. Acting is top notch too.

- - - Updated - - -

This show is kinda blowing my mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The issue is we know where Andor's story ends. There is only so much they can do with him.

You don't want to ruin the story arc he had in Rogue One. Andor is a vehicle in the series to tell the story. I would argue that the Rebellion is the main character as weird as that sounds.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The issue is we know where Andor's story ends. There is only so much they can do with him.
    The show takes place about 5 years before Rogue One. That is plenty of time to do a whole bunch of stuff that can still put him in place for Rogue One.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The gimmick of bureaucrats as the most naked evil in star wars is delicious.

I sincerely hope an Imperial accountant shows up at some point and makes all the sith look like chumps.

- - - Updated - - -

Episode 6. Holy flipping balls.

10+ Year Old Account

You don't want to ruin the story arc he had in Rogue One. Andor is a vehicle in the series to tell the story. I would argue that the Rebellion is the main character as weird as that sounds.
    We know where Andor's story ends. There's plenty of room for introducing new characters that can be part of this show who don't get into the group for Rogue One. Serkis' character in the prison is great but I'm pretty sure that's just 90% Serkis rather than the character itself. I'm weirdly interested in Soller's Syril Karn (the uptight corpo guard-turned-investigator guy). He didn't have the depth to helm a show before Andor, but he's been tested now, and he wraps up Season 1 saving the day for Meero, in a way that very clearly flips the tables for the two, at least for the moment. He went from a kind of pathetic pedant of a by-the-books asshole, to a guy who's breaking plenty of rules to pursue his own sense of what "justice" is. I don't think we're there yet but a stint in Imperial intelligence as Meero's protege could lead to him seeing enough rot behind the veil that he becomes utterly disillusioned with the Empire, either convincing Meero to defect with him or having to make a choice between his morals and her (either story works). A little more depth and nuance and I think he could be a really interesting point of view to center a story around, and we've got a whole extra season to get that nuance. And his pursuit of Andor's gonna end pretty concretely with the events of Rogue One, freeing him up narratively at that point.

Mon Motha and Luthen Rael represent New Republic hard-liners resisting the worst of the Empire. We've had plenty of regular folks trying to cast off their oppression. One thing the sequel trilogy royally fucked up was Finn's defection; it's handled trivially without giving him any time as a true believer, so there's no real story to be told in his defection. Karn's an opportunity to do that kind of arc right. A dedicated Imperial officer choosing to defect, for the right reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The show takes place about 5 years before Rogue One. That is plenty of time to do a whole bunch of stuff that can still put him in place for Rogue One.
    Yes, I know. I was pointing out that Andor being as Andor is is 100% intentional because we knew the final chapter of his life and story. You can only do so much to get to that end. Andor is a vehicle to show us more of the galaxy and how they are interacting with the Empire in power.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Up to 2AM watching this show on a random Monday. Terrific writing and acting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I know. I was pointing out that Andor being as Andor is is 100% intentional because we knew the final chapter of his life and story. You can only do so much to get to that end. Andor is a vehicle to show us more of the galaxy and how they are interacting with the Empire in power.
    We knew the final chapters of Anakin and Obi-wan but they still managed to do a lot with them in the Clone Wars. They can still do a lot with the character of Andor and it isn't just a vehicle to "show the galaxy and empire". We saw him when he was a "master spy". We are now seeing his journey to that end but it can go many different ways as long as it ends with Rogue One.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    We knew the final chapters of Anakin and Obi-wan but they still managed to do a lot with them in the Clone Wars. They can still do a lot with the character of Andor and it isn't just a vehicle to "show the galaxy and empire". We saw him when he was a "master spy". We are now seeing his journey to that end but it can go many different ways as long as it ends with Rogue One.
    You mean the series that showed us Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi as Jedi Knights and heroes of the Clone Wars which was implied in the original trilogy?

They couldn't do as much as you think, they were still limited in what they could do. And what growth the characters were allowed to have.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Episode 6. Holy flipping balls.
    Some people stopped at ep.6 weeks ago, cuz they assumed it's like every other sw dis+ show, they thought it was the last episode