Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Adding a vote to kick feature that penalises is a massive invitation for griefing and trolling. No thanks to that.
    I have a genuine question for you. Do you ever look at things practically? Or do you just look at things from an ideal standpoint?

    Tell me why, and you've really gotta convince me on this one, why would you join a group, do it halfway, then decide all of a sudden that you want to "troll" someone in your group so you initiate a vote to kick. Then, 2 other people in this group of yours also suddenly feel the urge to "troll" this random poor dude rather than get on with things and complete the dungeon. Yeah? That's the assumption you're going on yeah? Spend some time, dwell on it, and then tell me if you still feel "trolling" in a key is practical for anybody from any standpoint.

    Think of it like this - anything that happens at any point in life, could've gone any one of a 10000000000000000+ ways. However, does that mean that ALL 100000000000000+ of those outcomes were actual possibilities? May 1000000 of those could be genuine possibilities, but 1000000000 others would only come to pass if all the Blue moons and Imaginary stars aligned. That is what you're suggesting - that 3 players in a group of people that joined to do a keystone dungeon would decide it was better to vote kick a random guy to "troll" them instead of making sense of their time investment and ignoring the vote kick and getting on with the dungeon.

    Like.....what......
    It's not just you...there's so many people who are against a vote kick system because of stupid reasons like those.

    Vote kick can be trolled and abused in places like LFR / BGs / Warfronts, and players don't mind doing it there because there's not really any personal cost on the line. You still end up completing those activities and get their designated rewards.
    In a M+ keystone however, the completion of the damn key on time is on the line, not to mention the time the players have already put into the key.
    Last edited by sykretts; 2020-01-24 at 05:44 PM.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    I have a genuine question for you. Do you ever look at things practically? Or do you just look at things from an ideal standpoint?

    Tell me why, and you've really gotta convince me on this one, why would you join a group, do it halfway, then decide all of a sudden that you want to "troll" someone in your group so you initiate a vote to kick. Then, 2 other people in this group of yours also suddenly feel the urge to "troll" this random poor dude rather than get on with things and complete the dungeon. Yeah? That's the assumption you're going on yeah? Spend some time, dwell on it, and then tell me if you still feel "trolling" in a key is practical for anybody from any standpoint.

    Think of it like this - anything that happens at any point in life, could've gone any one of a 10000000000000000+ ways. However, does that mean that ALL 100000000000000+ of those outcomes were actual possibilities? May 1000000 of those could be genuine possibilities, but 1000000000 others would only come to pass if all the Blue moons and Imaginary stars aligned. That is what you're suggesting - that 3 players in a group of people that joined to do a keystone dungeon would decide it was better to vote kick a random guy to "troll" them instead of making sense of their time investment and ignoring the vote kick and getting on with the dungeon.

    Like.....what......
    It's not just you...there's so many people who are against a vote kick system because of stupid reasons like those.

    Vote kick can be trolled and abused in places like LFR / BGs / Warfronts, and players don't mind doing it there because there's not really any personal cost on the line. In a M+ keystone however, the completion of the damn key is on the line, not to mention the time the players have already put into the key.
    That's a rather large wall of text for the purpose of flimsy digs and ambiguous reasoning.

    In the situation you describe it's very easy to just form a 4 man group with a key you don't give a shit about, invite him, start the dungeon and vote kick and lock him out for an hour. Likewise, even if they were serious about the group but they recognise they aren't good enough to complete they can proceed to vote kick a guy either for not matching their expectations or even just "for the lulz".

    All the system does is rotate who gets inconvenienced and in what way, it's not the magic all solution you portray it to be.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    What a horrible system. Let me count the ways that vote kick has been abused in settings like... LFR, LFD, Island Expeditions... and then to have the vote kick apply a penalty on top of being removed from group... a double whammy.
    I've played the game since Cata, and I can count on one hand how many times I was vote kicked in an "abusive" way.

    And that's still far better than what current M+ has where the leader could just kick you for no reason at all, although again I've never had that happen to me before, although I did have an interesting case where someone threatened in an M+ saying "I was going to kick you as we killed the last boss anyway", as if that stops me from getting the gear. (Situation of telling someone to stop complaining basically because someone else d/c'ed, and then that caused them to go on a whole rant about how much everyone in the group was screwing up repeatedly, despite them tanking everything horribly)

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I've played the game since Cata, and I can count on one hand how many times I was vote kicked in an "abusive" way.

    And that's still far better than what current M+ has where the leader could just kick you for no reason at all, although again I've never had that happen to me before, although I did have an interesting case where someone threatened in an M+ saying "I was going to kick you as we killed the last boss anyway", as if that stops me from getting the gear. (Situation of telling someone to stop complaining basically because someone else d/c'ed, and then that caused them to go on a whole rant about how much everyone in the group was screwing up repeatedly, despite them tanking everything horribly)
    Out of all the things that annoys me in M+, being manually kicked out of the group is very, very far down my list. Like literally only happens to me before the group even starts (e.g. leader decides to bring a friend in instead of me, wants a different comp).

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Yes. When you leave an active key, you lose 500g, which means you need at least 500g on hand to join a key. You need to actually leave, being kicked would not penalize you. In order to avoid the useless players that would throw a tantrum demanding to be kicked, there could be a simple activity tracker that would render them ineligible for loot at the end. Nothing too fancy, just something that tracks how many times the group entered combat and if the healer healed most players, the tank was on most mob's threat tables, and dps hit most things during those times.
    Lol no just no this is beyond dumb and would instantly kill the pug scene.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Out of all the things that annoys me in M+, being manually kicked out of the group is very, very far down my list. Like literally only happens to me before the group even starts (e.g. leader decides to bring a friend in instead of me, wants a different comp).
    Oh yeah, before the run I've had happen a few times, but mostly it's because like you said, either they say "hey we're bringing in a guildie/friend instead", or I imagine because the overgeared lock (me) looked nice to bring until they see a rogue in queue.

    In that case it's extremely trivial. But the other poster's complaint seemed to be geared towards people abusing vote kicks during runs, which currently you could just be kicked with no vote at all during a run if the leader wanted to.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    That's a rather large wall of text for the purpose of flimsy digs and ambiguous reasoning.

    In the situation you describe it's very easy to just form a 4 man group with a key you don't give a shit about, invite him, start the dungeon and vote kick and lock him out for an hour. Likewise, even if they were serious about the group but they recognise they aren't good enough to complete they can proceed to vote kick a guy either for not matching their expectations or even just "for the lulz".

    All the system does is rotate who gets inconvenienced and in what way, it's not the magic all solution you portray it to be.
    The bold bit - Once again, what you say there is one of many possibilities yes, but not a realistic one. How often do you see people join LFR or BGs as groups just to vote kick people and then leave? Because that's the scenario you're suggesting. Not only are you suggesting it, but you're suggesting it's going to be a widespread and common enough thing to become a real tangible problem.

    The "wall of text" as you put it ( even though it's just like 5 sentences, but whatevs ) literally just spells out why what you're suggesting, while not false, is also not true or will not be true for the most part.
    Heck, even if in some magical world all it ends up being is the opposite of what it's now and as you claim it would be, where 1 random for every 5 that run a key gets inconvenienced, I'd take that over 1 moron screwing over the other 4 in a group, any day. Wouldn't you? It's just logic.

    I do not see why you're fighting against logic and common sense. I'm not preaching anything, I'm just laying it out for you so you see the picture more clearly. Whether you choose to or not is entirely upto you of course, but don't make it out to be "flimsy digs and ambiguous reasoning" just because you do not wish to see the picture. Others may.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    I have a genuine question for you. Do you ever look at things practically? Or do you just look at things from an ideal standpoint?

    Tell me why, and you've really gotta convince me on this one, why would you join a group, do it halfway, then decide all of a sudden that you want to "troll" someone in your group so you initiate a vote to kick. Then, 2 other people in this group of yours also suddenly feel the urge to "troll" this random poor dude rather than get on with things and complete the dungeon. Yeah? That's the assumption you're going on yeah? Spend some time, dwell on it, and then tell me if you still feel "trolling" in a key is practical for anybody from any standpoint.
    Wait... Isn't this just basic group dynamics? It's very common, except it is not exactly "trolling" on purpose.

    It's a typical story of a premade 4-man group (guildies or just friends) who need to pug a random player for last spot (same goes for 3-mans that pug 2 spots). The 4 players are used to play together (so they are on the same page about tactics and skips), and they are also sitting on discord voice for banter. But they don't invite the pug player to join them, and they don't bother explaining things in chat. Every time the pug player fails at some little thing (that was often not communicated clearly), someone on voice comms facepalms. Dissing the pug player behind the player's back becomes the group bonding exercise. It's fun. It's a nice scapegoat. You work yourself up in your little closed circle of friends, and learn to hate the pug player. (Sometimes the pug player actually is horrible.) If things are indeed going bad, then by the middle of the run someone might suggest to kick the pug player and do the key at one key lower. By the end of the run, someone might suggest to kick the pug player from the group when last boss is at 50%, just for the lulz ("I hate him!").

    It's actually enough that there's one player in premade who gets easily tilted and needs to rant about pugs, and then 2-3 friends who will just passively nod and try to redirect it into a lighthearted humor.

    It's group psychology 101. It happens even when none of the problems were exactly the pug player's fault.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2020-01-24 at 10:21 PM.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Lol no just no this is beyond dumb and would instantly kill the pug scene.
    No it won't.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  10. #290
    Legendary! callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,964
    I've been running some low level keys recently just to get some follower gear and to make some bags. I gotta say I am amazed at the increased level of toxicity in these low level groups. These mediocre players get all fucking bent out of shape over nothing. Seriously, the difference in mentality between a +10 or higher group is significantly different in my experience. I'm starting to wonder if these "anti m+" are all a result of the general toxicity of lower level pug groups. In +10s you'll hear bitching if someone is really fucking up. Otherwise, its all about doing what we are there to do: beat a timer. In lower level keys its seems to be open season on bitching about any minor detail that someone observes. Fuck, people take those lower level keys WAAAAAY too seriously. I really gotta get my alts higher level raider.io scores just to avoid it.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I've been running some low level keys recently just to get some follower gear and to make some bags. I gotta say I am amazed at the increased level of toxicity in these low level groups. These mediocre players get all fucking bent out of shape over nothing. Seriously, the difference in mentality between a +10 or higher group is significantly different in my experience. I'm starting to wonder if these "anti m+" are all a result of the general toxicity of lower level pug groups. In +10s you'll hear bitching if someone is really fucking up. Otherwise, its all about doing what we are there to do: beat a timer. In lower level keys its seems to be open season on bitching about any minor detail that someone observes. Fuck, people take those lower level keys WAAAAAY too seriously. I really gotta get my alts higher level raider.io scores just to avoid it.
    True. The more control people have over the situation they are in - the more calm and polite they are. This still keeps on improving in keys well above +10.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    The bold bit - Once again, what you say there is one of many possibilities yes, but not a realistic one. How often do you see people join LFR or BGs as groups just to vote kick people and then leave? Because that's the scenario you're suggesting. Not only are you suggesting it, but you're suggesting it's going to be a widespread and common enough thing to become a real tangible problem.

    The "wall of text" as you put it ( even though it's just like 5 sentences, but whatevs ) literally just spells out why what you're suggesting, while not false, is also not true or will not be true for the most part.
    Heck, even if in some magical world all it ends up being is the opposite of what it's now and as you claim it would be, where 1 random for every 5 that run a key gets inconvenienced, I'd take that over 1 moron screwing over the other 4 in a group, any day. Wouldn't you? It's just logic.

    I do not see why you're fighting against logic and common sense. I'm not preaching anything, I'm just laying it out for you so you see the picture more clearly. Whether you choose to or not is entirely upto you of course, but don't make it out to be "flimsy digs and ambiguous reasoning" just because you do not wish to see the picture. Others may.
    "You dont see my unique point of view so you're one of the unenlightened ones". I've outlined my objections, if you want to mask your opinions as some kind of objective fact you're welcome to live in your delusions but I'll stick to reality thanks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Wait... Isn't this just basic group dynamics? It's very common, except it is not exactly "trolling" on purpose.

    It's a typical story of a premade 4-man group (guildies or just friends) who need to pug a random player for last spot (same goes for 3-mans that pug 2 spots). The 4 players are used to play together (so they are on the same page about tactics and skips), and they are also sitting on discord voice for banter. But they don't invite the pug player to join them, and they don't bother explaining things in chat. Every time the pug player fails at some little thing (that was often not communicated clearly), someone on voice comms facepalms. Dissing the pug player behind the player's back becomes the group bonding exercise. It's fun. It's a nice scapegoat. You work yourself up in your little closed circle of friends, and learn to hate the pug player. (Sometimes the pug player actually is horrible.) If things are indeed going bad, then by the middle of the run someone might suggest to kick the pug player and do the key at one key lower. By the end of the run, someone might suggest to kick the pug player from the group when last boss is at 50%, just for the lulz ("I hate him!").

    It's actually enough that there's one player in premade who gets easily tilted and needs to rant about pugs, and then 2-3 friends who will just passively nod and try to redirect it into a lighthearted humor.

    It's group psychology 101. It happens even when none of the problems were exactly the pug player's fault.
    Agreed on the above. Even if trolling wasn't the original intention it's very easy for 4 premade players to fuck up 1 PuG for whatever reason they deem fit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh yeah, before the run I've had happen a few times, but mostly it's because like you said, either they say "hey we're bringing in a guildie/friend instead", or I imagine because the overgeared lock (me) looked nice to bring until they see a rogue in queue.

    In that case it's extremely trivial. But the other poster's complaint seemed to be geared towards people abusing vote kicks during runs, which currently you could just be kicked with no vote at all during a run if the leader wanted to.
    Oh yea in that context I agree, just that without penalties the action itself doesnt really carry any weight. As you mentioned you'll get gear anyway so it injures the group more than than the individual.

  13. #293
    I can't believe people are leaving keys this week especially with a new affix and scaling. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of +15's this week are depleted and some dick decided to leave 10 minutes into our 15 key.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    No it won't.
    Yes it would nobody is going to deal with having to pay 500 to leave a key where people have no clue what they are doing they will just make sure they are playing with people who do.

  15. #295
    nice idea but hard to do

  16. #296
    Elemental Lord clevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Other Side of Azeroth
    Posts
    8,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Instead of building systems that punish, you should be looking at WHY someone is leaving. Address the root issue instead of the symptoms. At the very root, the problem for most PuG M+ groups is where goals and expectations were not clearly communicated and agreed upon prior to starting a run.

    Some people leave, though, because they're asshats. one mistake and they leave and one reason they do that is precisely because there IS NO DOWNSIDE.

    You've ignored that and the fact that there's an asymmetry at work. The group is hurt by the leaver. The leaver is not hurt at all.

  17. #297
    I would make it so that if you HS out of an active M+ run your HS goes on a 7 day cooldown, plus you become ineligible to enter raid instances (both current and legacy) or mythic dungeons until the next weekly reset, you cannot use flying mounts either and every time you earn gold during this time (be it WQ, quest or even AH) 95% of the profits get evenly distributed to the 4 other people you left.

    I think that would be a fair system.

  18. #298
    Elemental Lord clevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Other Side of Azeroth
    Posts
    8,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    That's a rather large wall of text for the purpose of flimsy digs and ambiguous reasoning.

    In the situation you describe it's very easy to just form a 4 man group with a key you don't give a shit about, invite him, start the dungeon and vote kick and lock him out for an hour. Likewise, even if they were serious about the group but they recognise they aren't good enough to complete they can proceed to vote kick a guy either for not matching their expectations or even just "for the lulz".
    No one is going to do this, though. I mean, you're making up something that will never, or at least almost never happen as an excuse to not fix a problem. This is a classic "The perfect is the enemy of the good" example.

  19. #299
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    3,805
    I wish time and mobs would freeze and become immune upon a player leaving. Then to resume when a replacement was found everyone would just have to attack the same mob simultaneously to unfreeze the timer and instance. Currently there's no easy fix here other than vetting and checking the players you run with, ie chat them up/inspect them. If they're not friendly or it feels like talking to a wall, chances are they're not that invested/won't put up with an early wipe nor work through other encountered difficulties and challenges to be able to complete the instance.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I can't believe people are leaving keys this week especially with a new affix and scaling. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of +15's this week are depleted and some dick decided to leave 10 minutes into our 15 key.
    Not a +15, but a DH asshole left mine Waycrest14 after a single wipe, complete trash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •