Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What exactly would the sequel be? The survivors living in America?
    prequel with a titanic origin story.

The events that went on backstage before the boat even launched.

And you end it with a cameo with Leo and Kate
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What exactly would the sequel be? The survivors living in America?
    Making a second ship identical to the first to try to repeat the same voyage, but without catastrophe? Maybe they blow up the iceberg in the sequel but have to fend off polar bears while planting the dynamite. Titanic 2: The Revenge.

Never got the hype about Avatar. Watched about 30 mins of it and turned off

What's he even trying to show off about here?

Endgame out grossed Avatars initial release box office, even before they had the extra version with the Spiderman trailer. Sure keep rereleasing Avatar to try and beat it again, but you won't take that away.

Now if Avatar 2 does better that will actually be impressive.

...but it won't. Because nobody cares about Avatar. It was a special effects technology showcase, which is why it did so well, but it left zero cultural impact. People are burned out in 3D too so he can't just rely on that anymore.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    An interesting perspective
    "Endgame didn't get repeat viewers because of "woke interviews" and not because it was a ropey 3 hour snoozefest" is certainly an interesting perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Lol, "crutch".

If it's a Universe with multiple movies and characters building it up, it'd be pretty fucking retarded to NOT have all those movies tie the Universe together and build for the climax. Each movie is however judged on its own merit, as you'll see from critics and viewers alike. Ooopsie!

People similarly will believe themselves to be factual beings when it comes to what constitutes good/bad writing (rather than admitting to it being subjective based on what they enjoy and not), just to try and feel superior to people feeling differently about X medium. You are very much doing just that, which means I won't and can't entertain you beyond this point.

For someone seemingly not giving a toss, you sure wrote a lot on the topic which you don't care about, and ended it with you wishing for certain events to come to pass in your "lack of caring". Thanks for the laughs though, I genuinely couldn't hold back. Especially since I REALLY don't base my enjoyment of movies on how they performed at the box office.
    No, they aren't judged on their own merit, time-traveling into other movies scenes, needing a rat to step on a button should have earned movie less views, people came for the logo Marvel, too many in denial that endgame is so much worse than infinity war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Avatar is one of those pet peeves movies of mine.

It's popularity was primarily based on the fact that it was somewhat of a leapfrog forward in CGI and 3D. The story was fucking horrible, with plotholes and magic MacGuffins that made the whole Pocahontas In Space barely watchable for anyone with a shred of logic and critical thinking.

This to me sounds like Cameron trying reclaim his fallen kingdom after the fiasco of Terminatorark Fate.

-Guyz! I can still make money! Remember that movie I made in 2009?
    What fiasco? He wasn't directing that movie.

Lol some people seem to think producer n director is the same thing. Lending the keys to ur car or driving yourself are entirely two different things...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    No, they aren't judged on their own merit, time-traveling into other movies scenes, needing a rat to step on a button should have earned movie less views, people came for the logo Marvel, too many in denial that endgame is so much worse than infinity war.

Infinity War is so much better than Endgame; IW is one of, if not the best of the films in the MCU. Clean, direct, easy to follow given how much continuity it stands on, and very cleverly constructed. Now that the whole thing is over, that's one of maybe 3 or 4 of those films worth rewatching from time to time.

It usually takes a few years before people start shitting on a blockbuster that they originally loved and thought was the greatest ever.
    Endgame seems off to an early start.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    There is?

*snip of rambling nonsense*.

Sure are a lot of you out being triggered as fuck by this. Facts are facts whether you like them or not. Your assumptions are childish at best to boot, which reminds me of why I had you on ignore. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It usually takes a few years before people start shitting on a blockbuster that they originally loved and thought was the greatest ever.
    Endgame seems off to an early start.
    People are such time driven hipsters.
    I am willing to bet that a large chunk of the people being petulant about this, were in on the Avatar frenzy just fine when it was current.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    LOL. Good luck trying to beat Gone With The Wind and the original Star Wars when it comes to tickets sold domestically. I don't ever see that happening, especially in the age of streaming.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/...ref_=bo_cso_ac
    Eh, we have apps nowadays to get laid, we no longer need to see war romances.

(My point being that times simply have changed and video distribution times have become way too short to create absurd circumstances where movies are in cinema for months on end for the better part of a year.)
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's just saying that it'll take back #1 when it's released because there's such a small margin of difference. Not everything has to be a dig or something to get angry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I saw it 5 times on Imax, the 3d was next level compared to others at the time.
    Yeah, it was the first big 3d movie, but that's about the only special thing about it. At the time that was impressive, just like the first big VR movie or whatever the next big leap ends up being is going to be impressive just for the tech alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Sure are a lot of you out being triggered as fuck by this. Facts are facts whether you like them or not. Your assumptions are childish at best to boot, which reminds me of why I had you on ignore. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

People are such time driven hipsters.
    I am willing to bet that a large chunk of the people being petulant about this, were in on the Avatar frenzy just fine when it was current.
    That's the thing, though, at the time it was impressive, but 99% of that was because it was "new" tech being highlighted. The movie itself in terms of story, setting etc was nothing special.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I was obsessed with Avatar at the time. The 3D was the only time I’ve ever enjoyed watching a 3D movie. The world was awesome to me at the time. I remember finding forums dedicated to it. Despite all that, I’ve never watched it at home. I never had any desire to without 3D. Now, it’s too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Alita is cringey only to people who lack the sufficient empathy to understand the perspective of being reborn.
    Wow, you must watch a lot of rick and morty man.

No, the real issue was it was cheesy as hell. It was another one of those tween romance movies. There's a reason it got a 61% on rotten tomatoes lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I mean he would know. He was on South Park once.
    "His name is James, James Cameron
    The bravest pioneer
    No budget too steep, no sea too deep
    Who's that?
    It's him, James Cameron
    James, James Cameron explorer of the sea
    With a dying thirst to be the first
    Could it be? Yeah that's him!
    James Cameron"

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    James Cameron predicts 'Avatar' will ultimately top 'Avengers: Endgame': 'I think it's a certainty'

Cameron believes "Avatar," which celebrates its anniversary Wednesday, will be restored to its place atop the box-office mountain over "Endgame" through an inevitable rerelease, part of a larger plan to rekindle global audience love before the movie's first sequel, planned for release Dec. 17, 2021.

"I think it’s a certainty," says Cameron of "Avatar" eventually passing "Avengers" in theaters. "But let’s give 'Endgame' their moment and let’s celebrate that people are going to the movie theater."

"I don’t want to sound snarky after I took the high road (by offering congratulations)," he says. "But they beat us by one quarter of a percent. I did the math in my head while driving in this morning. I think accountants call that a rounding error."

when he says things like this, this makes me not want to go see avatar 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or whatever many sequels he's filming, just out of spite.
    That's pretty ballsy for a film that stole about 90% of its plot from FernGully

Do people still give a shit about avatar? personally its been too long since the first one, and i kind of dont care... if you do awesome but bleh, these remarks arent helping his cause
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Eh, we have apps nowadays to get laid, we no longer need to see war romances.

(My point being that times simply have changed and video distribution times have become way too short to create absurd circumstances where movies are in cinema for months on end for the better part of a year.)
    People's attention span has also changed.

On another note people loved the first Harry Potter movie when it first came out.
    But people began shitting on that after the third movie.

I loved avatar. It was a great movie, and it broke barriers in the movie industry.

Although Marvel managed to create a successful universe, i personally didnt have an experience with the mcu as good as avatar.

I didnt think endgame was that good, but it was a nice conclusion to the stories of the avengers that were going to say goodbye.

Im really hyped to the return of this saga
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-12-25 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this even a thing? Who cares?

Ya'll know there'll be another movie that'll blow both of them out of the water right? Like, once Endgame beats Avatar it's not the end. Something's gonna come along and beat Endgame. And it'll probably be something even dumber like Frozen 7: Freezer Burn.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.